[Game 1] Kobe Bryant Being a Punk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by durvasa, May 5, 2009.

1. Lost One

Lost One ...

[​IMG]

Here's a clearer view of where the elbow hit. I dunno, not trying to be biased but it does seem like he hit the chest, not the neck. Seems like it hit the "R" of the Rockets jersey.

*edit - yeah I agree with you, the arm probably connected with the neck/jaw in some form

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2009/5/7/867885/ron-artest-kobe-bryant-and-wayward

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  3. Lost One

Lost One ...

So what was Ron's point of making a big deal out of his neck or throat when the majority of the damage was done on the chest, to begin with?

4. pakman22

pakman22 Aaron Brooks Baby!

Lets not act all innocent, anyone can tell the image you posted and the guy above you are not the same frame.

Because in his picture, you can read the Rockets on Artests jersey, in yours you can't.

Obviously his elbow slid up onto Artests' neck.

So your picture isn't a "clear version" of the pic guy above you posted. Its a clear picture, but different frame.

5. LoveRoxHateJazz

LoveRoxHateJazz BEAT LA!

I don't know why I didn't expect this shit from the Lakers. Portland came to play and lost with class. The Lakers need to learn how to accept losing. It is part of the game, and this league is not built for one team. If the Rockets are beat in 4 games or 7 games, they don't complain, yell, or play dirty. The Rockets come to play and if they don't win at least they give it everything they have, unlike the Fakers.

6. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Actually it is obvious Artest's elbow hit Kobe's face, while Kobe's elbow looks like it completely hit his chest. The forearm is the only incidental neck contact that could have grazed Ron, which is not an elbow or the same degree of damage. As I said it was never clear from the beginning and Artest played up the neck contact. He'd be on the floor grasping for breath otherwise.
    I don't think rooting a player with your knee and using elbows by Artest is legal.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  7. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Why is there such a big deal being made out of this? It's over. The only opinion that mattered in this entire situation was that of Stu Jackson. Kobe got a flagrant one, which was justified. Bitch and moan all you want but it's not going to change a thing. Get the fuck over it.

8. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Yea, people neglect that Artest elbowed Kobe on the back of the head and neck. And you're very correct, what Artest was doing to get position was not legal at all. The refs should have blown the whistle a lot sooner and this would have never happened.

9. Lost One

Lost One ...

Act innocent? How am I acting innocent? Tell me where I applauded Kobe and called him an angel for elbowing Ron in the chest.

And how is my pic a lie? How do you determine that? How about speed up Trip's video 0.5 seconds and see where Kobe's elbow actually hit. My pic shows the actual collision, where Kobe's elbow actually struck, which isn't the neck. Even Trip himself (a Rocket fan) admits that the majority of the damage was done towards the chest. Like huevon said, if Kobe did hit Ron's neck, it would have just grazed Ron, with his hand or another part of his arm, not his elbow. The elbow obviously landed in the chest unless you're telling me Kobe elbow Ron in the neck first, which obviously doesn't make sense because if somebody gets elbowed in the neck, you'd expect him to snap his head back or react some other way. And like huevon said, IF Ron was hit on, I mean, ELBOWED in the NECK, you expect him to just walk off like it's nothing and start talking shit and getting into Kobe's face? Really? Does he have a neck of steel or something?

After Kobe elbowed Ron in the "neck," he didn't gasp for air or anything of that sort. He started yelling at the refs and got in Kobe's face. If somebody gets elbowed in the neck, or throat, it would be a much different story.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  10. yinets1860

yinets1860 i love this game !

Kobe is a dirty player in game one,

11. LoveRoxHateJazz

LoveRoxHateJazz BEAT LA!

Glitch?

12. Lost One

Lost One ...

what? :dunno:

13. LoveRoxHateJazz

LoveRoxHateJazz BEAT LA!

You quoted me.

14. Lost One

Lost One ...

Oh yeah, my bad. I accidentally quoted you first, but then copy and pasted pakman's post without changing the name. Sorry.

15. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

If Kobe would have elbowed Ron in the neck with the velocity he hit him in the chest with, Ron would have been on the ground gasping for air. I don't care how tough he is, he would have been down and out for a couple moments, not immediately bitching at the refs.

16. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

it might be easy for some to get over it when they aren't the ones being screwed...seriously if ron were to do the same to kobe or anyone else he'd be kicked out the game....just like last night....ron fouls pau hard and is sent to the locker room......kobe throws elbows in both games and AFTER the fact finally gets a flagrant 1, which doesn't equate to squat considering it was given after the contest. Ron repeatedly tells the refs about Kobe getting away with things.....refs don't listen so Ron goes to talk to kobe about it.....Ron gets kicked out of a tight game in the 4th eventhough Odom and Kobe had been jawing at people the entire night.........you don't have to be a lakers or a rockets fan to see the double standard going on.

17. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

Well it is obvious that Kobe is allowed to get away with things, him and Lebron are the superstars of the league. Except Kobe bitches at the refs if anything is called on him (not his fault, he's gotten used to it and expects it). He can do those "unnatural basketball movements" and get away with it.

and Artest however is in the opposite situation. He gets the ball first on Pau, and gets called for a flagrant 2 lol!!!

18. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

19. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

^Damn, that should be a flagrant....on Ron

20. ivey

ivey Member

it's a mans game