Game Thread GAME# 1: LAKERS @ BLAZERS - OCTOBER 18, 2018 - THURSDAY, 7:30 (PDT), TNT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Oct 16, 2018.

?

How far will the L*kers advance in their 2018-19 campaign?

Poll closed Oct 19, 2018.
  1. LOTTERY

30.2%
  2. Playoffs: 1st Round

58.7%
  3. Playoffs: 2nd Round

4.8%
  4. Conference Finals

3.2%
  5. NBA Finals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. CHAMPIONSHIP (PTUI!)

3.2%
  1. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

???
    I don't remember that? Why did you decline?

2. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

A course they do I would fill the same way if I was a Laker fan. But I am Blazers fan so Lakers fan continue wishing something that not going happened.

3. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

I mean I bolded it, but I guess I'll explain.

Don't appreciate watching you call others, or being called myself. Son, rook, etc.
    Many people claim you're a great guy in person. But many claim Kingspeed is a great guy in person as well.
    Basically the persona you play, I wouldn't want to watch a game with you because of it.

I don't joke about your wife, nor do I joke about lawns.
    Nor will I.

I will however not hesitate to tag you when I mention how well/poor the truck does this year at keeping a leash on Hurd/Calaboro/missed game action.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  4. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    [​IMG]

5. THE HCP

Look, I don't give a fuck if you like me or not. Or how I treat people on here. I just made a genuine offer to give you an experience I thought you'd like. I'm not trying to be your friend or take you out on a date.You choosing not to come check it out because of something typed on a website, that's shallow if you ask me. If you let somebody on here calling people a rook or son bug you like that, that's on you bro. Hope the term "bro" isn't offensive.

TBpup, Driew and SIeepwalker like this.
  6. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Woah...

7. THE HCP

I mean for real, this dude? I grew up in my neighborhood being called, "kid, son,bro,fam,man,yo, even the N word". And this guy is offended I called somebody son. I'm baffled by this. All the political shit and other things tossed around here and THAT is what offends him? Totally blown away by this. Unless he's joking with me.

Rozay and TBpup like this.
  8. Driew

Driew Well-Known Member

I'd assume they're just trolling you. You didn't do anything wrong you just said "son" lol. If they're offended by that then maybe the Internet isn't a place they should be haha

Edit: But I'd take you up on the offer whenever I'm in Portland! I'd love to get into that industry some day haha

9. THE HCP

Ya, but I didn't see the green font. Just let me know ahead of time if you want to come on down. That'd be great.

TorturedBlazerFan and Driew like this.
  10. Driew

Driew Well-Known Member

Oh is that the point of the green font? Thought that person was just sick that day or something.

11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

You kidding???
    I havent slept yet! Lol

Darkwebs likes this.
  12. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

We use different colors for different reasons.

13. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with liking you or not. You're actually okay, as long as you're not talking down to people. Nothing in my post said anything about you other than I wouldn't want to watch a game with you.

Calling someone son, or rook is a way to demean others. To put yourself above another person. It's an insult.
    I know for a fact for years you've been asked multiple times by mods to stop doing this. Yet you continue to do it.
    That's not on me, that's on you.
    Multiple people have told you to stop. But you keep it up.
    That's not on me, that's on you.
    Why would I want to meet someone in person. When they've shown on a forum they think so little of others?

It's a forum, it's the internet.
    Due to people on this forum having kids, who've been enrolled in the program I assist running. I must choose my words wisely. As if I didn't, my job could be affected very easily.
    If I went around calling people 'Son, Kid, Rook, the N word' on this forum. Then it got back to my boss, you know what would happen? I do, I'd be unemployed.
    I wouldn't get to say, 'it's just a forum/the internet.'
    Why? Because these things are disrespectful. I am in a very public position, there is no room for error when you're visible throughout the community.

Hell I even sent a pm out a few months ago to a member giving them information in a basketball program I run. They've enrolled their son. I meet this forum member & their son on the 7th. We will see one another every week for 6 weeks.

You grew up being called those names, cool story.
    Now that you're an adult.
    How often do people YOU DON'T KNOW AT ALL call you Son or Kid?
    I'll answer. Never.

You didn't call somebody son. You called me son.
    To which results in my immediate response of.
    giving you the finger.
    But I have to be careful what I say.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Orion Bailey likes this.
  14. THE HCP

Still confused. I’ve never had a mod ask me to stop doing ANYTHING on this forum. Especially “for years” who told you that? How are those terms demeaning by the way? And I told you I don’t want to meet you. In a conversation I believe I invited you to come see us work. I’m not losing sleep over it trust me. Would really like to know who told you anybody has EVER asked me to stop calling anybody anything on here. That has flat out never happened. You claim it’s a “ Fact” though huh?

15. THE HCP

Curius what your job is that if you called me “SON” right now you would be fired?

16. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Or maybe people come from different backgrounds from you and those words don't mean the same thing to you. Just because you're not offended by them doesn't mean it's wrong for others to be. You're doing nothing wrong by using words like "son", but when someone politely asks you to not refer to them in a certain way, yet you mock them for it and continue to do it, that's when you're in the wrong. That's what bullies do.

Orion Bailey, H.C. and kjironman1 like this.
  17. kjironman1

This is an interesting point. I work construction so i'm way out of the loop on that? We call our apprentices "Punks". I am also one of the Apprenticeship instructors. I call em kids all the time. Junior isn't out of the question either.
    Wondering who would fire someone for a statement made on a basketball forum? Unless you were calling for something really stupid where i won't go?

18. kjironman1

Good point. It's about boundaries i would say. Common courtesy is important. But this is a basketball forum. It's also got GREEN FONT available.

19. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Continuing to talk down to others.
    Alright that's enough.

Yes you have. @SlyPokerDog has told you multiple times both publicly and I assume privately to stop.
    You're not special, you get the same treatment on this site as everyone else.
    I know it's been a long time thing with you because I spoke with @SlyPokerDog via pm quite a long time ago.

You're one of the reasons, not the only reason nor are you the main reason. When we all migrated in 08 from the old forum to this one, that I took a bit to join. Wanted to make sure the same dumb shit didn't creep up here.
    Shit you even have stopped for the most part. Which is something I've said multiple times. HCP is better than he used to be.

You just don't get it, and I'm not going to repeat myself.

Whatever, find another adversary. I have no interest in continuing with you.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Orion Bailey likes this.
  20. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Wait, HCP is Neil Olshey ??!