Game 1 Pens vs. Rangers

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 3, 2022.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Chytil, Lafreniere and Kakko go train with Gary Roberts during the summer, rent a house together, practice all summer as a line. Even though they are all kids, that line could be a monster. Praying Kakko doesn't sign an offer sheet though. It's making me nervous.

2. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

I still find it beyond inexcusable that the Pens only had one penalty called on them in a 6 period game. Every other team got called for more. And there were some VERY obvious interference calls on faceoffs that should have been called and a few trippings that should’ve been called. Heck, there was a play in the third period I believe were Vatrano played the puck up and then was grabbed in the neutral zone and held and couldn’t get in on the break. It was the most biased officiating I’ve seen in a long time. Was very reminiscent of peak Cindy the diver Crosby/Mario the whiny bitch Lemieux .

3. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Leave it to this team to get stonewalled by a 3rd string goalie coming in at the end of the 2nd overtime. Leave it to this team they’ve been doing this shit for years

4. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They're the least penalized team in the league which is laughable. The officials made sure to hand them their four PPs before swallowing the whistles.

5. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Blaming the refs is so fucking tired.

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The Rangers should've won and made the officiating a non factor but the refs last night were awful.

NYR Fan likes this.
  7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I think there's more posts on the thread now than Shesterkin saves last night.

8. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Not only just one penalty on the Pens, it was 9 minutes into the game. So the remaining nearly 5 periods of hockey ZERO penalties against the Pens. That is amazing stuff they are that saintly.

The Rangers inability to win FO's is becoming a huge liability. They need to let Strome walk, re-sign Copp, and add a C who can win some f'ing FO's. After the 2nd OT you almost knew the Pens were winning early in the 3rd OT. Rangers looked exhausted and Pens were winning every FO. Not a good recipe for an OT win.

And it sounds like the 3rd string goalie is starting tomorrow night. If we don't win that game the series may just about be over. Need to play well and win.

9. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

That's an incredible amount of shots Igor faced. It's like he has played three games already. They might have to score at least 5 tomorrow as Igor might be tired and have an off game. 6:4, 7:5 type of game.

10. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Or Game 2 is going to be a tightly played game on both sides as the Penguins try to protect their third string goalie and the Rangers focus on being more defensively sound.

Yet somehow....final score 7-3......

11. NYR Fan

I expect Panarin to play better. Based on some of the comments from Gallant, I think it was made very clear to him he needs to shoot more and go North South a bit more as well. I expect we'll see that.

I'll say the Rangers play a sound game tonight and get the win. I expect them to get back to their game from the past couple of months, which was very different from game 1 after the first period.

12. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Yes, the refs sucked. But what’s different? They’ve sucked all season. We are the better team and should beat the pens no matter what the refs do. What would help would be gallant making the necessary adjustments instead of rolling out the pucks and saying let’s play. What would help is fox and panerin shooting the fucking puck when their 15 feet in front of the goalie instead of passing for a wind up wing 1 timer that almost never works. Gallant needs to get the useless nemeth the hell off the ice and play Schneider and braun together. The rangers need to punish the shit out of Crosby and goetzel at every opportunity and when Crosby slashes someone slash him right the fuck back. Tired of playing on eggshells around Crosby. Fuck Crosby, Malkin, Goetzel qand letang. We need to punish the shit out of them, stop taking 40 foot useless wrist shots and get traffic in front of the net. And gallant, use copp on faceoffs who is 52% on faceoffs instead of strome and use Kreider who never seems to lose a faceoff when he steps in after someone is thrown out as the actual faceoff man instead of zman who I don’t remember winning a faceoff on Tuesday. I expect this to be an armchair relaxed game for us as we tie the series at 1 and then go into Pittsburgh and take care of business there. Also, use the kid line more.

13. kreidertime

Gallant did not have a good game. However, as I said. Not having Blais and Motte in this series is a big deal.

14. kreidertime

The Rangers had no clue vs. the Crosby line. It was so bad that I'm not sure they will be able to find a solution for that.

15. NYR Fan

I'll say this on Chytil. I like his talent and skills, but the dude needs to get stronger and tougher. He never wins a board battle. Also needs to get better in D zone. Look at winning goal, he lost board battle, then left Malkin by himself.

He is so young still that he can get there, but it is time he works on strength and FO's this summer, because I haven't seen much improvement in either of those weak since day one areas for him since he has been a Ranger.

16. kreidertime

Agree. In fact, I was stunned that an older team like the Pens was a lot less tired in OT than the Rangers. That tells me that the conditioning of the team needs to get a lot better. Panarin seems to tire very easily.