GAME 1

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Pastafazul, May 2, 2014.

1. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

My issue with Moore is he doesn't shoot enough. He has fallen in love with the fake, go around the sliding guy, and then he ends up nowhere. Just shoot man.

If I am AV when we work on the PP AGAIN I show that PP from the early 2nd when Richards had a shot...and didn't shoot. And McDonagh had a shot...and didn't shoot. That is when I get angry because I don't understand why we do it. Like we never learn.

Worst thing that happened for this PP was game 1 against Philly. We scored those two very pretty tic-tac-toe PPG's, and now we are in love with the pretty play. We need to cut the BS.

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

3. chuckd3534

Maybe I am being too logical, but I see MAF in goal. I see that he struggles in the playoffs every single season. I see him let in a terrible 1st goal. So I think okay shoot as much as you can. But we don't seem to think that way. That confuses me.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

McDonagh has issues with that too. Either way Diaz should be given a shot.

5. chuckd3534

With all that being said, the fact that we went in there tonight on short rest, blew a 2-0 lead, had a terrible 2nd period, still battled back to win in OT and steal game 1 is a great job by this team. Showed me something special. This was really a huge win IMO.

Now I'd love to see them win game 2, but even if we don't we have this series where we needed it to be heading back to NY Monday night.

Now we just need to break the streak of 12 straight L's in the playoffs when we have a series lead. We will do that at some point in this series...I truly believe that.

6. Ranger71

They could really use two days off somewhere, by monday theyll be pretty tired for gm 3.

7. chuckd3534

MAF is a goofy MOF. You can tell he is soft and why he sucks in the playoffs.

8. chuckd3534

Not going to get it, so get it done. No excuses. We now both play the same amount of games every other day outside of game 2 into game 3. We are off tomorrow. No excuses now. Get it done after tonight.

The MSG crowd will help us Monday night. That is why we needed to get back 1-1 worst case so the crowd is extra fired up.

9. mrmel29

Agreed. By monday night both teams in the same boat and the fact that pitt is so much less physical than the flyers especially without orpik makes it a lot less wearing series for us.

10. chuckd3534

I like a lot about AV man. Very calm. Seems like the players like him. Good to see.

BTW...Malkin scares me way more than Crosby. With that said Cindy is due. Awful - 3 tonight. Still no goals. He is going to have a big game at some point.

11. chuckd3534

No Orpik is a huge key for us....I really believe that. Unless he is badly hurt he will do everything he can to be back game 2.

12. Ranger71

Neal worries me more than the other 2, it was nice not to hear his name much.

13. mrmel29

Gonna be interesting who gets their first playoff goal first cindy or nash. Can't agree more Chuck and I've said before what a pleasure to hear AV in the post game calmly explaining to reporters whats going on and giving insights to the fans as opposed to the cringeworthy antagonistic interviews by torts that made you wonder why they even bothered interviewing him.

14. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Just finished watching the game.....yess!!!! Btw 2 pens goal was bull shit

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

15. MrSleeps

MrSleeps Member

just got back from work, only watched period 1, and saw highlights from rest of game, didnt read all the comments but heres my 2 cents if anybody cares.

chuck your 100% right, those 2 tic tac goals on the PP against philly was a bad thing, now we are looking for the bang bang play, get back to basics , man in front with a screen shots from point ugly goals. AV needs to get that through there head.

Lundy, another SOSO game i would rate 7 out of 10. He did make some key saves but those goals seemed like they should of been stopped. But since we are good defensively hes gonna post good numbers and everybody gonna think its ok because of his GAA which is more a team stat then a lundy stat. he needs to be better.

Our best line has shifted to Pouliut, zucc, brassard, which is great news. as soon as teams start focusing on that, thats when nash gonna light it up, we all know goals come in bunches for players, and if we are winning now without nash scoring, i can't wait till he starts scoring, he is eventually going to start scoring... there no doubt about it, he gets enough chances he just needs to bury it especially when CK gets back....

Crosby has gone 12 playoff games without a goal.... thats not good, same thing goes for him eventually he is going to light it up, hopefully by then we are about to win the series by then.

Lets have faith guys, we all are down on the team for the next game saying its going to be 1-1, fuck that, lets knock him when there down, lets break the cycle trading games with teams.... we are very capable of going up 2-0 to MSG. lets this be the time FUck the pens and fuck MAF. we can do this.

Its going to be difficult to win if hank doesnt steal some games down the line, eventually hes going to have to come up big, Our PP going to have to get better aswell.

16. MrSleeps

MrSleeps Member

also lets stop complaining about the refs, its annoying every fucking penalty or non penalty everybody crying, it is what it is... theres going to be some bad calls that go both ways, its about making the best of your opportunities, look at the rangers 2 goal, prolly should of been a penalty on them. nobody was crying then.

every 2 seconds wahhh bad call wahh wheres the call fuck, you can watch any NHL game in the playoffs and dissect the game and say they were missed/bad calls, it is what it is

17. chuckd3534

Hank made 34 saves and held a team loaded with offensive firepower to 2 goals in their building (they didn't score less than 3 in round 1). Come on now Sleeps.

I know you say you have nothing against Hank, but every post you question him in some way. If that is a 7 out of 10 for him (2 goals allowed and 34 saves on 36 shots) sign me up for that night in and night out bro.

He has a 2.08 GAA and a .923 save %. Pretty good in my book.

18. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

chuck i have felt that way since day 1, malkin is more the threat then cindy. his size, his tactics, his deception worries me more

19. MrSleeps

MrSleeps Member

i am very criticul i have noticed, Im not sure why i think its because im used to him stealing a game or two, and he hast't stole any yet, and we are winning.

At the end of the day we are winning games which is all that matters for a goalie IMO,

GAA is is more a team average then a goalie average... Sv% is more goalie stat.... i think the defense needs more credit then everybody is making out to be.

im looking at hank under a microscope because when your the highest paid goalie in the league, you need to be the best goalie in the league.... that being said pitts is tough for any goalie.

20. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

last thing i am going to say about refs in both series....

first off, not 1 ranger fan who posts on here consistently complained about refs all year...

secondly, this is the playoffs, supposedly these refs are picked for PS play based upon their performances during the year i assume. They make mistakes like the players make them so why would they not be held accountable by us who are watching? these guys unless someone decapitates someone should leave whstle in their pockets, aren't they trying to promte this game? also, they should be not so quick to blow whistle around net.. i watch alot of hockey, and i never see the crap called in other games like i see it in ranger games, its mind boggling. i am not a homer you all know that so why the heck would i pick on the refs... i pick on them when they are incompetent! they also should present for questions, who the hell are they in first place?