Game Thread GAME# 10: HAWKS @ BLAZERS - NOVEMBER 10, 2019 - SUNDAY, 6:00 PM, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Nov 8, 2019.

?

Who should start at Power Forward?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2019.
  1. Hezonja

14.9%
  2. Hoard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Labissiere

19.1%
  4. Little

38.3%
  5. Tolliver

6.4%
  6. Another Blazer not listed above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It should be a rotating job, depending on match-ups, who's been hot, direction of the wind, etc.

17.0%
  8. I don't care

4.3%
  1. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    It's hard to know if he's only playing center because of the lack of bigs or if he'd play PF if we had more options.

2. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    I predict Turner will be the same and he'll miss every shot within 15' of the rim. Meanwhile, Bazemore will be spectacular, then Terry will limit his bench minutes.

Darkwebs and Chris Craig like this.
  3. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

God damn what's wrong with this fucking season

Chris Craig and Dougnsalem like this.
  4. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Why get so precise ? Not like he's gonna make those outside of 15' either

5. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Hawks vs Blazers

Well i was totally wrong last game thinking CJ would be have a big game. He could have but it just seems he cannot find his shot. A day off and some sleep in his own bed might do the trick. There have not been many of those kind of days since the season started. The Blazers have got to have CJ play well if they are going to compete when they are in this situation. New roster pieces coupled with injuries and a brutal schedule demands that the players they are counting on show up.

CJ playing well consists of a number of factors in my opinion. 1st, he has got to find his shot from 3 pt. He has to make those uncontested open shots from the arc. Without that threat the Blazers are in big trouble no matter what team they are playing. CJ so far is shooting just over 32%. His career number is 40% and last year he hit just over 37%. That alone would help dramatically as defenders would have to play tighter and that leads to him having more space and room to work. #2, assist numbers must go up. Multiple people have been saying this for years. CJ talks about it but he has got to start finding an outlet and he needs to find a way to get the ball to an open guy when they collapse on him. Teams have him scouted and they know after the 4th dribble CJ is not going to pass. Go ahead and watch for yourself. CJ makes his mind up in the first 2-3 seconds. As soon as he decides he is shooting the rest of the team might as well start looking for a rebound or just head back on defense. #3, take care of the ball. Now this one is a double edged sword. Hitting shots would help. His turnovers are way up to 2.6 a game from 1.5 last year. The Blazers need CJ as a playmaker. A guy that can break down a guy and score. Perfect example was last game against the Nets at the end of the third quarter. They gave the ball to CJ at the top and he did his thing perfectly. Blazers wanted a basket right there to end that quarter. Lillard was in need of rest. But CJ needs to do that at the right times. All too often it's bad timing.

So the matchups don't really favor the Blazers in this game. Even more so if they again try to play this game without Hood. Then having Whiteside and Skal nursing injuries and playing hurt will be even more ridiculous. This is going to be a tough game to win even though the Hawks are not a great team. Trae Young and Jabari Parker are gonna feast on this team if they see another lackluster performance from Whiteside and Skal fouls with every bit of effort he puts out. This game could get ugly. The schedule would have allowed me to go watch this game but i'm not putting out money to watch this team right now. I can say all the things i'm thinking to my television without being put on a homeland security list. That might not be the case in the 200 section?

Yeah if this continues @Darkwebs is right. They will start to lose attendance and ticket prices will fall. Blazers were supposed to at least defend homecourt. I expected tough losses on the road. They beter find a way to get this win tonight. 60 from Lillard was not enough last game.

Key to this game has got to be CJ. Stotts is not going to pull him yet. He needs to break out of this slump. As soon as he does (Yes he will) this team will start putting things together.

Go Blazers!
    Kjironman is a fan!!!

6. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

It's called load management!

7. Blazers1977

Blazers1977 Well-Known Member

CJ could get 50 points tonight and people will still find a way to complain.

dame could shoot 15% and launch 10 40 foot 3s and people will say he was “helping us win in other ways”

8. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Oh cool, CJ has a swish3

9. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I mean.... CJ does find other ways to help us lose, so id welcome the change. :shrug:

10. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I don't get this post. It has been explained numerous times that it's not about a single game or about how many points he scores. CJ scoring 50 tonight would still fail to explain all the things people are complaining about.

11. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I’m not a CJ hater at all. But facts are facts. They need him to show up and play well. He is one of the returning starters that the team is counting on. If he finds his shot the Blazers will start winning again.

Blazers1977 likes this.
  12. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

People have to resort to anecdotes to defend CJ. They have to resort to anecdotes to bash Dame.

TBpup likes this.
  13. royo

royo Well-Known Member

Few seasons ago I was on "CJ could be better than Dame". I love his game when buckets go in. If they go in he's a nightmare for the opposite team. They can not do nothing about him, cos he is so good. He has got some great great basketball skills.

Saying anything about Lillard right after he dropped 60 does not make you look smart.

What Lillard do since day one is progressing. Every year he's got new things in his repertoire. I had my doubts on him, but it's all gone. I know he can go tru slump as well, but even if he goes hero mode I trust him. I've seen enough of him to trust his decisions.

CJ? On thing. Pass the ball. He seems to be a smart guy and he deff got skills and I just don't understand why he can't go over his ego to get this team better.
    I love his mad skills but for me he is going when Batum and Harkless went - constantly unpredictable. He is not developing his game. I would say, with his skills he could go for 6 assist per game and make 2 of them going to Top10. Somehow his ballhogin is stronger than him.

As for Lillard, I just want him to remember, that it is a long season and I would rather see him Khawi it a bit in this circumstances.

HailBlazers and Darkwebs like this.
  14. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

I wanna see Simons, Little, and Moses. Please no Tolliver at center thanks.

TBpup and Chris Craig like this.
  15. Blazers1977

your complaints are overblown to all hell. He’s averaged 23.1 ppg in the last 7 playoff series. He’s not an inconsistent player. You guys are just ingrates.

16. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Why are you making this personal and name calling?

Me: My opinion has very little to do with his scoring.

You: CJ could score 50 tonight!

Me: Yes, but that doesn't address the issues I have with his game.

You: He averages 23 ppg in the playoffs!

:smiley-pat:

What are you not understanding here?

TBpup and BonesJones like this.
  17. Blazers1977

Im not understanding why you’re ignoring that our shooting guard is doing his job and shooting well in the playoffs and blaming him for intangibles and things Dame should primarily be doing (ball movement etc.)

18. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    So in addition to carrying the entire franchise on his back, Dame is also solely responsibly for any non-shooting intangibles for the rest of the team?

Wow, you can't make this stuff up.

brooklynballer, TBpup and BonesJones like this.
  19. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I looked it up. Dame has only shot 15% or worse in a game 6 times in his entire career of 558 games. It hasn't happened in 3 years. I'll take my chances that it won't happen tonight.

If you expand it to games he's shot under 20% it's still only 12 games out of 558.

If you're hoping Dame has a bad game to prove something about another player you're doing it wrong.

TBpup, BonesJones, Titan and 2 others like this.
  20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Go Blazers! Hope we have 8 guys in double digit scoring and CJ drops 50..! I'm ready to cheer and we're ready for a home win!

Dougnsalem, hoopsjock and kjironman1 like this.