Game Thread GAME# 12: RAPTORS @ BLAZERS - NOVEMBER 13, 2019 - WEDNESDAY, 7:00 PM, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Nov 12, 2019.

?

Have you ever bought a pair of Adidas Dame shoes?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2019.
  1. Dame 1

9.5%
  2. Dame 2

7.1%
  3. Dame 3

16.7%
  4. Dame 4

9.5%
  5. Dame 5

9.5%
  6. Yes, but I forget which one

11.9%
  7. No

59.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

The press conference pretty much told the story. I'm wondering why not one reporter didn't question him further. Seriously. There had to be a reason he decided not to put the kid that started the game back in?
    You are right though. It is only one game. Every coach makes questionable decisions throughout a season. Thing is i feel it was a great decision to start Little in the first place.

Little plays a type of game that players that have traditionally wreaked havoc on the Blazers plays. Faried when he was younger, Nene, Draymond Green, Harrell to name a few. They are dynamic players that are bruisers. It seems Terry frowns on that physical beast type player. Lots of people including myself are looking at a Gerald Wallace "Crash" type player. We could even go further and put him in a Brian Grant type mold because he can shoot the ball and obviously won't back down from contact in the middle. He is shorter than Grant but he has his heart from what i see. That 7'2" wingspan is ridiculous. The Game was getting chippy while he was in there. Toronto players were getting upset with the rookie. Seems to me the Blazers need a brawl right about now. A real bench clearing brawl with suspensions and everything. They need an identity. The players are all way too timid in my opinion.

Time to turn the attention to a long road trip. Sometimes they can make a big difference on team chemistry. We will see?

BonesJones, Cugel, royo and 2 others like this.
  2. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Is Neil allergic to drafting players above 6'5?

AldoTrapani, Darkwebs and Jade Falcon like this.
  3. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Yes.

Rookie bad.

Veteran good.

blazerfan11 likes this.
  4. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    The silver lining is we should get a good draft pick. I don't think our injured guys will get healthy in time for us to make a serious run at the playoffs. We should be good to go for next season though.

AldoTrapani and Jade Falcon like this.
  5. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

@Blazers1977 get back in here and explain Zach Collins borderline allstar. You can't say something that asinine and then just go away.

6. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Why not, 3/4 of this forum does.

7. Mediocre Man

No.

Collins, Leonard, Swanigan, Todorovic. Not allergic, he just sucks at it

Darkwebs and Jade Falcon like this.
  8. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

completely wrong

we say asinine things, but don't go away; we hang around and double down. I'm not going to creep out on a limb of stupidity when I can run out, jump up and down, wave my arms, and scream like a fool. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right...or wrong maybe....wut?

THE HCP, Strenuus, kjironman1 and 2 others like this.
  9. kjironman1

Beat me to it. Seriously there are as many as 10 different posters that have run with this line.

10. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

Yea it does seem Neil loves his short players

11. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

I been saying this over and over. We’ll be fine next year. I call it a soft tank year. We can use all the assets we can get and that lottery pick will help in some way

12. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

I like Zach a lot but I even know he not borderline All Star.

13. Mediocre Man

This X 1000

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  14. royo

royo Well-Known Member

And we draft, let's say, someone like Tyler Herro is now for Heat, and we will be injury free, so Stotts will bury him on the end of the bench, cos he's rookie and we would only found out how good is he after someone is injured again (like it was with CJ as Wes replacement). God, Stotts is even more predictable than CJ's shooting.

15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I find it odd that people who don't like the team or coaching staff or GM are angry over a loss.....there's no better way to blow up a team than to lose all your games, fire your coach, get a bunch of picks and start over...I'd hate to see that but don't understand why failure isn't fueling more celebration than anger for those chanting for major changes. Losing gets your coach fired more often than not. Stotts has been fired twice in his career....nobody knows that better than coaches that have been around the block. I like the stability we have and the loyalty...if I didn't I'd want the guy to fail big time

Dougnsalem likes this.
  16. royo

royo Well-Known Member

I swear it will be my last post today as I let myself go after this L, but I find it odd that people who stating loyality to the team prefer to paddle on quiet water of mediocrity instead of moving forward;) I can understand loyality and stability (I am with Blazers for almost 30 years now and ve never chanted other song) but 8 years for Stotts is a long time. Pop had his CHship after 3years. It does not work and Blazers are wasting best player they had in long time. It's just a game tho;) Peace!

riverman and illmatic99 like this.
  17. Blazers1977

Blazers1977 Well-Known Member

18. Blazers1977

Blazers1977 Well-Known Member

“hah! Standard coaching move you say! What about this one rare anecdotal example!”

Sigh..

At this point Little is one of the worst defenders on the team. He doesn’t know any of proper strategy and has no experience in the NBA at all, let alone crunch time.

19. Mediocre Man

Ah, you don't understand sarcasm. I was mocking those very people you are referring to.

You, however, are deflecting. Explain Zach Collins borderline allstar, please. Your reason, not some fluff article

UKRAINEFAN and SIeepwalker like this.
  20. kjironman1

Good points. I like Stotts but i feel last night he blew it. On to the next game.
    One thing we have to remember is that 7 years is a long time in the NBA. Ramsey did 10 years. Nate got 7 years. Adelman got 6 years. The writing is on the wall in a number of places. Stotts needs to right this ship. Even if they give him a pass this year because of injuries he will be on the hot seat next year.
    I'm okay with that also. If he does well enough to keep his job i'm pretty happy that they are successful. If he starts to falter we all get to see another new era in the coaching. I backed Nate also though i could see he was never going to bring a great offense. When Stotts got here people were so happy to see some offense other than ISO ball and mid range jumpers. Of course the game has changed in the last 14 years. When Nate got here they just wanted a coach that could keep players in line. Nate "Sarge" McMillan was a great choice and he showed nothing but the highest integrity you could ever ask for. If you take out "Interim" stints by Canales and Pritchard you have two coaches since 2005 with Cheeks. who was not really a great coach at all let players run the team. 21 years ago we had a COY in Dunleavy but honestly i didn't think he was all that great either.
    I guess we will all just have to watch and see what happens this year to figure it out.

royo and riverman like this.