Game Thread Game #17 - BLAZERS VS 76ERS - NOVEMBER 20, 2021 - SATURDAY - 7:00 PM (PDT) ROOT SPORTS

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Nov 17, 2021.

?

Who would you trade?

1. CJ McCollum

28 vote(s)
    65.1%
  2. Robert Covington

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Jusuf Nurkic

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. It's too early

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

I feel he will also be all star all nba level soon.
    So trading him with two others I wouldn’t do.
    Feel free to have your own opinion on this because I could obviously be wrong. I just would bet on Little being as good or better in the next couple seasons.
    The original was “Win Now” though and yes I understand that. But again IMO I would not throw Little into any trade though I would hedge that with Siakam being a very good return if they did. Not knocking his game at all.

2. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

To me, Toronto could use a center, not a guard or SF. So I am not sure why we keep bringing up CJ for Siakam.
    Keep working on 3-way for a team that needs a guard. I could not find many.

3. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

wut?...Little?

'all-NBA' is 15 players. You think Little will be one of the 15 best NBA players? Define "soon" please

Curry, Draymond, Klay, Booker, CP3, Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, Doncic, Porzingas, Jokic, Murray, Kawhi, PG13, Dame, Lebron, AD, Westbrook, KAT, Morant, Brandon Ingram

he'd have to beat out 8 of those guys as well as clearly pass all of:

Bogdonovic', Conley, Jordan Carkson, Jordan Poole, Andrew Wiggins, Mikal Bridges, Deandre Ayton, Jalen Brunson, Tim Hardaway Jr., Michael Porter Jr., Aaron Gordon, CJ, Nurkic, Jaren Jackson Jr., Dillon Brooks, Desmond Bane, Anthony Edwards, D'Angelo Russell, Shai Gilgous-Alexander, Luguentz Dort, Josh Giddey,
    Harrison Barnes, De'Aaron Fox, Tyrese Haliburthon, Buddy Heild, Dejounte Murray, Keldon Johnson, Valunciunas', Devonte' Graham, Christian Wood, Jalen Green

that's 53 players. Many are about as young and have just as much of that thing called 'potential'. Little has to get better than 41 of them. Being a fan favorite isn't the same thing as good. For Little to be an all-star would be one of the most meteoric rises ever

4. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I can watch that pass from CJ to Nance for the reverse dunk all day long. Also, loved Cj D on Curry late in the game drawing the charge. Thought I would give him some love since some of you only mention his fuck ups. (like he is the only one who fucks up in a game)

BBert, 1 Eye Jack and HailBlazers like this.
  5. OneSport3

OneSport3 The Knowledge Hoarder

Is he the only one that fucks up? No. Does he have the most fuck ups? Yes.

6. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I think Nurk's game is improving; he is slowing down some. Probably due to having a better big man coach now.

andalusian and blazerkor like this.
  7. Fairly-Hard

First off I said “ Level”. So yeah I do. That doesn’t always translate into being voted into the slot.
    Next did you really put Westbrook Kawhi Murray and Klay on that list?
    Seriously?
    I also expect LeBron to retire soon. As well as a number of your 53 others.
    Yeah I think Little has a bunch of potential and I feel he will continue to impress.

8. wizenheimer

yes I did because Little won't be sniffing an all-star game this season or next. So he'd be competing against those guys 2-3 years from now. They aren't retired you know

Lebron and a "number" of others....OK, let's see, CP3....and?? who else will retire "soon"?

Kawhi is the same age as CJ. Klay is Dame's age. So is Draymond; and all three are 5 years younger than CP3

9. Fairly-Hard

Also you put Porzingas. Jalen Brunson, Jaren Jackson jr, And listen to this Josh Giddey as players above Little? Lets see where that sits by the end of the 22-23 season. Not to mention a number of others.

Seems like you have missed the entire conversation? Go back and read it again and make the correlation on what was said.

I feel he will be at an All Star level soon. That does not mean he will be an All Star this year. That does not mean next year. That means "I Feel" (That is opinion) All Star "LEVEL" that means he will be much much better but obviously Lillard can't even get in without coaches so also very obviously Nassir Little will most likely not be named to an All Star team playing for Portland right? This stretch is meaningless.
    For a guy who is all about stats and knowing numbers you sure missed the boat on the conversation part. I FEEL (There's that opinion part again) it would be a mistake to trade Little and an even bigger mistake to throw him and two others in as a package to get Siakam. This is exactly why i will no longer have conversations about trades with people on message boards. There is no right or wrong here. If it was my call i would say no but it's not so it's all just fantasy and stats filled with opinions.

Enjoy your stats. They are very good and i enjoy reading them at times.

10. Fairly-Hard

Neither of those players are playing right now. Kawhi might not see the court this year. Klay might be back by Christmas but are you saying he is going to be 100%?
    Are you trying to tell me Klay Thompson will be making an All-Star team sometime soon? Or are you saying if he comes back he could get to playing at an All-Star Level at some point this year? (Do you see the difference here?)
    Would we like to have this conversation about Kawhi who has now missed two separate years due to injury?

11. wizenheimer

I haven't missed the conversation...I know what was said. And I probably wouldn't trade CJ + Nas + Simons for Siakam either. Of course, more would have to come back Portland's way.

I mean you just expressed surprise that I would suggest that Porzingas, Brunson, and Jackson are better players right now than Little. Sure looks like it to me. And, Jackson is only 5 months older than Little while Brunson just turned 25. It's not like Little has some big advantage in development windows over them. Porzingas is 26 and is averaging 20 & 8 with a PER of 24.8 (Nas 14.3).

I mentioned Giddey as an example of a young player (he turned 19 this October; Nas will turn 22 while Giddey is 19) showing lots of potential so early. It may very well be that an OKC fan is projecting all-star level or even all-NBA for Giddey like you are for Little. After all, Giddey is averaging 10 pts, 7 reb. & 6 ast. Per36 it's 12 pts, 9 reb's, & 7 asts. And again, he just turned 19. There are lots of young players in the NBA flashing potential at Little's level

I like Little. I like his hustle and energy; that he is showing some decent handles; that he can play bigger than he is. But I'd have squint my eyes really weird to see an all-star there, let alone all-NBA

by the way, I understand you were just saying what you "FEEL"....lol. That's what everybody does here all the time.

one other thing: "all-star-level" is one of those terms, IMO, that has become completely meaningless. It's like there are 24 all-stars and another 50-60 players that somebody will consider all-star level. As if 30% of the league is all-star level. If a player is all-star level, he's going to make an all-star game at least once, sometime in his career. Most of these alleged all-star level players will never come close

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  12. Fairly-Hard

Great. You feel different about the situation.
    I can respect that.