Game 2: Golden St. Warriors @ Utah Jazz

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by the_pestilence, May 9, 2007.

1. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ May 10 2007, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I meant no significance to him. Nothing matters in the world when one of your child's life is at stake. Of course every playoff game matters! :doh:</div>it does to a guy like him; basketball is his life. He's logged more hours playing basketball than any of us have at anything because it's his passion. Of course it mattered to him.

2. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ May 10 2007, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>it does to a guy like him; basketball is his life. He's logged more hours playing basketball than any of us have at anything because it's his passion. Of course it mattered to him.</div>Okay, think about this for a second. Your mother was going to have a huge surgery that she may not come out of. You have a huge game all the way back home. Would you seriously take off and go play basketball and say to your mother "Sorry I have to go, good luck!" Or maybe if you had a kid and did the same thing to them. All he wanted was to have his little girl healthy again, he wasn't thinking about the game and he wasn't thinking about anything else. I've been in that situation, and I know that sports is the farthest thing from your mind when you go through something like that. I'm glad Fisher returned and I'm happy his daughter is okay, so let's just drop this debate. Let's move on to game 3 :dribble:

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ May 10 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Okay, think about this for a second. Your mother was going to have a huge surgery that she may not come out of. You have a huge game all the way back home. Would you seriously take off and go play basketball and say to your mother "Sorry I have to go, good luck!" Or maybe if you had a kid and did the same thing to them. All he wanted was to have his little girl healthy again, he wasn't thinking about the game and he wasn't thinking about anything else. I've been in that situation, and I know that sports is the farthest thing from your mind when you go through something like that. I'm glad Fisher returned and I'm happy his daughter is okay, so let's just drop this debate. Let's move on to game 3 :dribble:</div>
    Why just drop the debate? Obviously his daughter is more important than anything, but you can't just sit here and say that he didn't care about this game. I see what you are saying, in a way, but I still don't agree with it. The fact that he flew across country, after going through something like that, and played should tell you that he wanted to play.

4. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Of course he still wanted to play!! He wouldn't have shown up! If his daughter didn't survive that tumor, I think we wouldn't see him for a while.

5. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Ugh. I'm not going to comment on the calls, but two things. 1. If the refs had clearly signified that the three by Okur was really a two pointer, Barnes would not have called time out, we could have ran out the clock without letting Utah set up their defense.2. Someone shoot Mickael Pietrus next time he's in a close game in the final minutes. He's a dumb player, too many dumb fouls, horrible free throw shooter. If he made one free throw, we would have won the game.

6. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

All this being said, we will not lose at home. We lost this game because of one player's lousy foul shooting, and we will not lose in front of the crowd.

7. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CABANGBANG @ May 10 2007, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>All this being said, we will not lose at home. We lost this game because of one player's lousy foul shooting, and we will not lose in front of the crowd.</div>We'll see about that.

8. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

You think Utah has a chance to win in Oakland? Only two teams have really beat us hard at home this year: San Antonio, and LA and they aren't here. What makes you think that Utah will win in Oakland, especially after the thrashing we gave them at home.And also, why do you hate Baron Davis? Because he plays a hard game, and has a lot of emotion?

9. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

Utah will win at least one because they are the better team.

10. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ May 10 2007, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why it say your fav team Sixers?And nah I rather have Warriors win then Jazz, but I could care less I am not a Warriors fan.Sixers/Nuggets are out I could not really care less who wins as long as it's not the Spurs. LOL</div>Read my post again and this time read it.1st line. clearly being sarcastic.2nd line. Shows that im supporting a playoff team, what is the point watching a playoff game and not caring who comes out on top?3rd line. Nuggets arn't in the playoffs anymore, o well. are you still going to watch the playoffs? are you wanting the suns to beat the spurs? hmmI am a sixers fan, more than you will ever be.

11. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">Lol at Mavsfan. You were trying to make it clear before this series started, that Golden State would win. Now that it's 2-0, you're acting as if you picked Utah all along.</span><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I doubt the Warriors could shoot much better than they did tonight. The jazz are just bigger and have a post game along with dominating the boards. The Warriors have no answer for this.</div><span style="font-family:Arial">42 percent? That's not good...</span>

12. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ May 11 2007, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">Lol at Mavsfan. You were trying to make it clear before this series started, that Golden State would win. Now that it's 2-0, you're acting as if you picked Utah all along.</span><span style="font-family:Arial">42 percent? That's not good...</span></div>They were shooting about 40% from 3's. Something like 12-29 from 3's. I guess they weren't doing that well from 2 point range. I've changed my mind about this after the first half of game one. Jerry Sloan is a smart coach and has found a way to get these wins. Boozer has been a beast on the boards as well. Golden State can catch on fire but the game will still be close if they get outrebounded badly again.

13. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Amare320 @ May 10 2007, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Read my post again and this time read it.1st line. clearly being sarcastic.2nd line. Shows that im supporting a playoff team, what is the point watching a playoff game and not caring who comes out on top?3rd line. Nuggets arn't in the playoffs anymore, o well. are you still going to watch the playoffs? are you wanting the suns to beat the spurs? hmmI am a sixers fan, more than you will ever be.</div>I was a Sixers fan before you were even born dude.And Yeah I want the Suns to win cause I hate the Spurs. And not just because they beat Denver always hated watching that boring team they are so boring. And always hated how dirty they play Manu trys to kick people, and Amare had a problem said Bowen now tryed cause a injury to Amare. I mean damn for real can't stand the Spurs.

14. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ May 11 2007, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was a Sixers fan before you were even born dude.</div> :HAHAHA: What are you, like 14? 15?

15. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ May 11 2007, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was a Sixers fan before you were even born dude.And Yeah I want the Suns to win cause I hate the Spurs. And not just because they beat Denver always hated watching that boring team they are so boring. And always hated how dirty they play Manu trys to kick people, and Amare had a problem said Bowen now tryed cause a injury to Amare. I mean damn for real can't stand the Spurs.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ May 11 2007, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>:HAHAHA: What are you, like 14? 15?</div> [​IMG]

16. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ May 11 2007, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>:HAHAHA: What are you, like 14? 15?</div>Try 18/19 but w/e you say man that smuck 15 year old is telling me he is more a Sixer fan then me.

17. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

If I was 6 in a half id be more of a sixer fan than you, why are we even talking about age here?? you know it dosen't make the slightest difference in wether you are more of a sixer fan than me because in the end you are not, okaay : ) now if there was some sort of IQ test to mesure your ''basketball''/nba intelligence then im sure you would get a 1, not me though so please shut it mr. self proclaimed allen iverson super nuggets REGULAR season fan, there's no problem in supporting a playoff team so don't try and stop me from hoping the warriors win game 3 against the jazz to make it more intresting.

18. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ May 11 2007, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Try 18/19 but w/e you say man that smuck 15 year old is telling me he is more a Sixer fan then me.</div>You don't know whether you're 18 or 19?

19. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You don't know whether you're 18 or 19?</div> [​IMG] Wow.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I've changed my mind about this after the first half of game one.</div>Typical mavsfan.

20. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Amare320 @ May 11 2007, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If I was 6 in a half id be more of a sixer fan than you, why are we even talking about age here?? you know it dosen't make the slightest difference in wether you are more of a sixer fan than me because in the end you are not, okaay : ) now if there was some sort of IQ test to mesure your ''basketball''/nba intelligence then im sure you would get a 1, not me though so please shut it mr. self proclaimed allen iverson super nuggets REGULAR season fan, there's no problem in supporting a playoff team so don't try and stop me from hoping the warriors win game 3 against the jazz to make it more intresting.</div>I am cheering for AI that is why I want the Nuggets to win cause I want AI to win. If you were actually a true Sixers fan you would also be cheering for AI to win in Denver. Cause all true Sixers fans watch AI give everything, and never had enough around him that is why 70% Sixers fans are cheering for AI cause they watched him give it his all every game even when he had injurys. So if you were a true Sixers fan you be actually in support of Iverson winning in Denver.I been going to games since like u were born. I have season tickets, and if I was only a AI fan I would not have kept my season tickets. As much as I did not want to keep the tickets to boycot until OUR GM GET'S FIRED I could not do that cause I am a huge Sixers fan. And if I did not renew the tickets it would have been because of the gm Billy King not AI not being here.