GAME 2 - RANGERS-KINGS

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Jun 7, 2014.

1. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Kings have won the last three games and led a total of....0 seconds...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

2. jamsim67

jamsim67 Active Member

I guess he was whining ...

3. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Al, I was thinking that also and is one of the most amazing stats in the series down 2-0 to a team that has never had a lead in either game. Unbelievable.

4. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Which to me makes it even worse we are down 2-0 guys. That is a crusher mentally, how can it not be. WORST CASE this should be a 1-1 series, but it isn't and we are in a very large 2-0 hole. That is tough to overcome mentally.

The start to game 3 will be a big focus for me. Do we play like we have played outside of the 3rd in game 1, or do we show some deflation and get behind early and let the Kings roll. We'll see.

5. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Reality is they just need to win Monday and some doubt will creep in to the Kings.

Get this series to 2-1 and go from there.

Lose Monday they might get swept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The early 3rd period goal and failed ot pps really hurt the momentum.

7. chuckd3534

All we can do Dis. Win game 3 and make game 4 count. I have no real feel at all for game 3. We can win it of course, but I can also see us being drained and lose it. Flip a coin...

8. chuckd3534

Richards and MSL both - 3's. Richards was flat out awful. And MSL wasn't that much better.

What a tough loss. This one hurts because we also blew game 1. If this series was 1-1 right now I would be feeling AWESOME about our chances.

9. NYNole28

NYNole28 Member

I don't think the roster needs to be ripped apart, but Richards MUST be bought out (he's just too slow out there) and Nash MUST be traded as he's softer than a fucking roll of Charmin out there. We could probably get a good dman with a shot for him, or at least a few high draft picks. Needs to be done. Losing Nash isn't a loss, nor is losing Richards. Can sign Statsny with money saved from Richards buy out and Nash trade and a few other pieces as well.

10. chuckd3534

1. I do agree Richards needs to be bought-out. He is past his prime, combined with the big cap issues it would hit us with down the road, and it makes it almost a slamdunk he needs to be bought-out.

2. As for Nash, look he is very soft. That is the reason he doesn't score in the playoffs. Don't search for other answers, because that is THE answer. And the rare game where he is angry or fired up and we see him not play soft, you see what he can do in those games, and it is really strong. BUT the issue is you need to get value for him...NOW. We CANNOT deal him for picks that means nothing to a win now team. If we deal Nash we need good value that can help this team win NOW...not 2 or 3 years from now. That is the issue with dealing Nash for a win now team.

And BTW...I don't care that he is doing other things. Good for him that he is still working, but he gets 7.8 mill per to score goals, not to play on the PK and have 3 goals in 22 playoff games. He NEEDS to score to be worth it.

11. chuckd3534

I do find it funny that the newspapers and even Hank/AV really blame that goal. I think it is the easy way out. We still let up 4 other goals. We still had a 4-3 lead after that goal. We still made MANY mistakes in the two games that led to 6 King goals.

Stepan bad TO. Girardi bad TO. Richards bad TO. McDonagh bad TO.

Kings deserve credit for forcing the play, but most of these are soft unforced errors. Cannot have it.

McDonagh was a + 2 at one point, and ended up a - 1. Says a lot last night. He was great, but made some mistakes, especially on Gabby's goal.

I hope they see that and focus on that for game 3. Otherwise it might not go well in game 3 as we are focused on a bad call that I guess cost us four 2 goal leads in two games, and cost us 7 other goals in two games.

12. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ryan McDonagh is a solid hockey player but his defense is slightly overrated. That was a mistake you just can't make in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Would you ever see Brian Leetch do something like that? That being said ok fine you make a bad play resulting in a turnover but then watch him after that. He just stands there watching and never gets back in the play. Never picks anyone up. Just lets Gaborik get the puck and put it in. Look at the winner in OT for the Kings. He's just standing there behind Brown. No attempt to get him tied up or out from in front of Hank.

13. NYNole28

NYNole28 Member

Totally agree Chuck. When I said picks I meant high picks that can have a quick impact. Obviously I'd prefer a solid defensive dman with a shot though (which is what we've all been wanting for 5 years now). And totally agree about the "other things" he's doing. He's not Callahan. Callahan would grind out a goal and just wear out the other team. Nash is here to score and make plays, instead he's made himself useless by not being able to put the puck in the net. Maybe we should look into trading him and then see about signing Callahan back here, if he backs down off his ludicrous price tag. Haven't had my coffee yet this morning so I don't know if I'm even making sense right now lol.

14. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    Blowing shit way out of proportion a little dont ya think? Never is a strong word and #2 had just as many games where his defense was questionable. We lose two tight games and now the norris trophy candidate blows.

15. Messiah717

Nobody came up bigger than Leetch in big spots. The guy was a friggin machine in 1994. I'm sorry but Ryan McDonagh was just like the other defenseman on this team soft and timid when it really mattered.

16. Ranger71

Maybe it's wishful thinking and he is soft, but Nash needs a higher quality C than Derek Stepan, who's barely a #2. Ive been on the Stastny train and have seen Thornton mentioned as a trade target so we'll see. In Columbus he seemed to score alot from the high slot but here everthing is to the outside. He needs a space creator with him.

17. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    Its two frigen games...leetch was benched during a game and was in his 6th nhl aeason the year they won the cup...compare apples to apples. McD was one of the best in the Montreal series. ...this series isnt over yet

18. Messiah717

Keenan also pulled Richter in that game you're referring to. He pretty much handed a game to New Jersey to prove a point.

19. Ranger71

Leetch never had as many giveaways or turnovers as McDonagh, and Girardi has always had a problem with it, yet i get ripped by some for saying he's not a top pair guy etc etc and makes too much.

20. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

ok big al i'll make a deal with you, i will stop with these posts when you stop making posts about how much you loathe the greatest hockey voice in the games history