GAME 2 - RANGERS-KINGS

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Jun 7, 2014.

1. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

We all know I believe McDonagh is awesome. He has raised his offensive game big time. But on that tying goal last night I think McDonagh's offensive growth hurt him. Instead of making the smart play, like he usually does 99% of the time, he tried to get fancy and make a slick play to start O, and it back fired. That is something he will learn I believe.

As he scores 50 + points next season he wil fully learn when to try and be slick to create O, and when to make the smart defensive play. It is a fine line sometimes.

2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

My fear is that simply he Kings are a team of destiny. Every single break and bounce goes their way. 21 games to get to the finals. Three game seven wins on the road. Coming back from 3-0 down. Winning three straight games without holding the lead in any of those games for a single second. The first team to come back and win a finals game being down by two goals three times. I'm afraid we all know how this story ends even know we're hopeful it can turn around.

3. chuckd3534

Kreider creates space. I just don't buy it with Nash. I am sure if he played with a stud C he would score more, that is logical, but that still doesn't explain why he is soft and never drives to the net or gets in front for dirty goals.

4. chuckd3534

I don't get caught up in that Mess. How I view it is the Kings know how to win these games. They know how to never give up. They know how to play from behind and make plays under pressure. I don't call that destiny, I call it being a very good team that has tasted success and knows how to win. Something we appear to still need to learn against a truly top team, which we have not played the likes of in these playoffs.

5. Messiah717

I just knew the Rangers were in trouble when Doc mentioned the 22-0 or whatever when leading by two heading into the third.

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The only thing holding McDonagh back from truly being in the Norris mix is his instincts on the pp, he needs to learn how to shoot off the pass.

7. Messiah717

I've seen enough of Nash to be done with him. You simply cannot have a winger making that kind of money just doing nothing for you on the score sheet game after game. People blowing him for how many shots on goal he had in the third when he can't bury a single chance.

8. chuckd3534

Right. Weak ass shots from the outside don't show me much. And playing hard on the PK and back check, while good for him, does not equal us paying him 7.8 mill per. He needs to score goals. That is it. That simple. 3 in 22 playoffs game is not good enough. I understand why no one with the team would say it, but they know it inside, trust me there.

9. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

funny how nash decided to make SORT of a difference in game when he absolutely embellished that interfernce call... why doesn't he take that initiative and drive to net with puck!!!

rumor has it that the mister softie ice cream truck will now have nash photo on it

10. Messiah717

I'm just glad game three is tomorrow night. No extra day waiting around. They win tomorrow or the series is over. Pretty definitive.

11. chuckd3534

Right. That call was clearly in our favor and was totally sold by Nash. But like I said, saying the refs have given us the edge isn't fair Pasta. It goes both ways. The refs have been pretty solid and fair both ways IMO.