Game 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Doctor Kajita, May 9, 2007.

1. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The refs screwed the Warriors tonight.</div>

Referee Pietrus?

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

The refs let Jazz get away with all this rough stuff, I think that's b.s. as well.

But right now I can't even make that excuse because we were getting to the line but chumps like Jrich and Pietrus can't even make at least 1 of 2 free throws. Biedrins made two in a row and he sucks the worst of the entire team. Why is we have two guards who have the worst mental game at the foul line? Jrich should be apologizing for missing two in a row and Pietrus should be benched entirely next game. I should be punished for hyping up Pietrus so much in years 03 and 04, but that was only because in terms of relativity, he was that much better than Dunleavy who also was a choke job and was pretty much useless component at the nba level except off the bench and only on offensive ball movement.

Dammitt! grrrr Freakin' Pinhead Pietrus. Tapered little skull basteaurd! I'm sorry... I better go to sleep... I gotta sleep this off. Dammit...

3. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Why is everyone blaming Pietrus? He's not the only one who missed free throws. I seriously think the refs got sucked into Utah's cheap-ass dirty style of play. I mean, when you're a tough defender like Ron Artest, you're allowed to get away with more because you have "cred" with the officials.

But the refs are kissing Utah's ass AS A TEAM, giving them free reign to punch and scrape and elbow and floor Warriors players with out any calls. It's one thing that Utah is bigger and more physical, sure -- but it's another thing that they play dirty and then whine like babies on the other end -- for that the officials should be ashamed, IMO.

Still, the Warriors blew their chance to win it.

4. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

i can't even tell you how pissed i am...horribly officiated game, i don't even know what to say

5. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I hate to say it, but don't like small ball if we're not going to rebound better. Nellie just said the Jazz are bigger, stronger, tougher and he won't play someone who hasn't played.

It's going to be close even if we are at home. Maybe we can win the next two, and Baron's gotta be 100%.

6. AlleyOop

Maybe the refs will get their heads out of their asses in Oakland -- if they officiate it fairly, the Warriors will sweep the next 4 games

7. NewYorkBalla33

NewYorkBalla33 JBB JustBBall Member

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH Look at Chuck Now "Golden State in the house" , or "I'll Be their Friday night.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

That was a poorly officiated game, I have to agree. It seems like the refs were allowing the Jazz to get away with a lot and whenever a big call had to be made, they went with Utah. It makes me wonder if they just didn't want to go against the home crowd. I can't think of any other explanation.

Baron Davis played great, as usual. That one three pointer he nailed over Deron Wiliams when he was almost out of bounds was sick. If the Warriors want to win this series, they will need more big performances from Davis at home. On TNT, they were saying that it's going to be much more difficult for Utah to match Golden State's running tempo in the Oracle. I agree because it is much harder when the entire crowd is against you, the fans are pumping up the home team, and the momentum is shifted with each Utah miss and Golden State basket. With that said, I hope the Warriors can even up this series at home. Utah lost 2 out of 3 games in Houston in the first round so hopefully they give up two games early on again.

I have to talk about the remarkable performance by Derek Fischer. I didn't even think he'd play tonight to be honest. He went through so much with his daughter and by halftime I was thinking maybe he'll play next game. Then sure enough, he shows up and fills in for Dee Brown. Fischer played great defense when he was in the game and nailed that huge three in overtime. Hopefully his family is alright and his daughter recovers from her surgery. Fischer proved how mentally strong he was tonight by just being out there, nonetheless making huge plays that greatly determined the outcome of the game.

Game Three should be interesting and I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully the Warriors will benefit from the home court advantage and make this a series. I'm predicting they win both of their games at home led by Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson. Go Warriors!

9. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

If we're playing against bigger stronger players, it's going to look more physical and like we're getting fouled constantly, but I'm sure if the two sides were reversed it look like the Jazz are bunch of softies who can't take the contact. (because the Warriors as a smaller team just can't take the difference in strength).

I mean look at Dunleavy and the way that guy constantly got pushed back after a little bump. Was Dunleavy getting fouled? No he's just too weak for the matchups. Yes, there were some bad calls, but dammit the Warriors can't make excuses like these while missing free shots that could have sealed the game. Now, it's looking like we're reaching for why we got outplayed at the foul line and made some costly turnovers. The sad thing is the Jazz turned the ball over quite a bit but we take these quick shots that aren't good shots. Taking jump shots is harder to do when all the effort and energy is focussed on trying to play defense with what little muscle we have. It's tiring work.

10. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If we're playing against bigger stronger players, it's going to look more physical and like we're getting fouled constantly, but I'm sure if the two sides were reversed it look like the Jazz are bunch of softies who can't take the contact. (because the Warriors as a smaller team just can't take the difference in strength).

I mean look at Dunleavy and the way that guy constantly got pushed back after a little bump. Was Dunleavy getting fouled? No he's just too weak for the matchups. Yes, there were some bad calls, but dammit the Warriors can't make excuses like these while missing free shots that could have sealed the game.</div>

Excellent point CR2. Utah's size advantage might have made the officiating look a lot worse than it really was. I didn't think about it like that but the Jazz are much more physical and stronger than Golden State is so even minimal contact could look like a foul because of the size differences. The Warriors didn't have this problem in Dallas because they don't play anywhere near as physical as the Jazz. Dirk Nowitzki and Mehmet Okur are both big men who like to light it up from outside. The difference is Carlos Boozer. The Mavericks didn't have a bruiser to compliment Nowitzki. Dampier is average, and Diop isn't a reliable offensive weapon. Carlos Boozer is able to fight for baskets and rebounds in the paint and that has been the difference in this series so far.

11. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe Stern just doesn't want a bunch of "THUGS" being the focal point of the series

12. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">iLL PiLL Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe Stern just doesn't want a bunch of "THUGS" being the focal point of the series</div>

Could be. I mean SJax and Baron KNOW how to get to the rack strong and get fouled. Those guys aren't overpowered by anyone -- unless they get fouled.

Stephen Jackson ain't no Mike Dunleavy. He went to the rack time and time and time and time and time and time and time again and took contact from 1, 2, sometimes 3 players time and time and time and time and time and time again and NEVER got any fukin foul calls!!!!

Those refs were crap tonight, period.

13. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

I only saw the 2nd half cause I had to work, but what an amazing game! I was actually going to come here and say that the ONLY thing the warriors fans can't complain about tonight is the officiating. Well, looks like I was wrong.

I don't know if what you guys are talking about was in the 1st half, but in the 2nd, Warriors were getting ALL SORTS of calls. Everytime Boozer turned around, Barnes or whoever was guarding him would fly back like he got hit by a freight train. Deron William's last couple fouls were not fouls. And Kirilenko's 6th foul.... do I eve have to mention it? Jackson just fell on his ass. Boozer couldn't get a damn call down low till the end, and neither could Kirilenko. But obviously you guys saw it differently. Fan bias I guess...

And so much for Fisher being a terrible liability. Not only was he able to overcome his family problems to come compete, he buried you guys with that 3-ball in OT.

Great game though. This series has been very very exciting. I hope Jazz can keep it close on the road.

14. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

I am depressed for now... FT problem finally came and haunted us... Both AK47 and Okur had to wake up when they play against us... But then, it's not the end of the world. We are very tough at home, and we played toe-to-toe against Jazz at their home. Also, Jazz themselves proved that going down 0-2 isn't the end. Believe!

15. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

i dont know for the life of me why they were saying fisher had a remarkable game. Yeah i feel for the guy and family troubles, but what did he really do?

He entered the game and his first touch was vintage fish....a turnover.... he did get a deflected pass to giricek the next possesion for an assist...

What defense? the play where he knocked the ball from baron .... was for one an obvious reaching foul.... he used his left hand reaching in from the left no less..... i watched it a few times in slo mo.... complete hack.... baron's response tells it .... he thought he was fouled he hesitated before even getting the ball...

the next possessions fisher played decent D and baron passed the ball out

the next possession baron went right passed him like the pylon he is....

so i will give him props for hitting a wide open three..... and hitting those free throws

but it was not some incredible display of defense or ability....

he still is the liability..... the pylon

16. boogiescott

wait .... so utah steals the all one color shirt thing from us?...ok wait .... did we get it from miami? all white?

17. AlleyOop

the Warriors played 2 games in Utah and they could/should have won both. With all the media talk about size disadvantage, and points in the paint, etc, all the spin, did it matter? No. GS was up late in game one, and just didn't finish. Tonight, up by 5 late in the final minutes, and just couldn't close it out.

Props to Utah for hitting some big shots late in both games, but for a top seed, at home, with the officials riding in their back pocket (in my opinion) Utah still barely managed to squeak both games out.

Let's just get this thing back to Oakland. I CAN'T WAIT until our crowd gets a hold of this thing -- I just pray some of those weak-ass Utah fans (no offense, yall!) come over to the Oracle so we can let them know what real fans are all about. We won't be little pansies and boo their players for no reason -- we'll be cheering too loud for OUR team!!!!

I BELIEVE!!!!

18. AlleyOop

Oh yeah, and Fish hit a good 3, I guess, but damn the Utah crowd was acting like the messiah had just entered the building. They showed fans courtside, and this one 30-something year old dude was acting like a school-girl groupie, flopping and flailing his arms around in exctasy because D-Fish entered the game? Crackin me up, man

19. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Don't forget that the Warriors have consistently struggled on the road all year. Utah is tough at home, now we're coming home. If we hold home court, the pressure is back on them. Let's see what happens on Friday.

20. boogiescott

fisher = willis reed

not in this life time ute fan