Game Thread GAME# 24: WIZARDS @ BLAZERS - DECEMBER 5, 2017 - TUESDAY, 7:00 PM (PST), NBATV & NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Dec 2, 2017.

?

Should Stotts insert Aminu into the starting small forward spot?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2017.
  1. Yes

69.0%
  2. Not Yet

13.8%
  3. No

17.2%
  1. BrunoSOC

BrunoSOC Ripcity from Brazil

We had a big opportunity to make our record better. Win against bucks and Pelicans came a b2b without Davis. This team is no far away for winning but we need trades

GrandJury and Jade Falcon like this.
  2. BrunoSOC

Last year we have a poor December month, our biggest win streak was 3 and after that we lost more than won for a while.

The point is we can avoid to have a 5 game losing streak if we win against wizards. Next games are rockets and GSW, count as L, even I believe we have a with little miracle chance to beat the rockets at home, for this happen we need to beat the wizards.

3. GrandJury

GrandJury Well-Known Member

Oh god another loss then Houston will come and smack us

We looking at 4 in a row losing streak

Hold on tight

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Here I come to save the day!!!!
    andy kaufman.jpg

theprunetang and Jade Falcon like this.
  5. BrunoSOC

Lillard is shooting 33.1% for 3. He's shooting like crap

6. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Stotts use his brain and let Aminu start at the 3 with Vonleh at PF. Our starting 5 in this game has to be Dame-CJ-Aminu-Vonleh-Nurkic. And let Vonleh play more than 13 minutes and less minutes for Evan Turnover please. I hate him in a line up with Aminu or Harkless. The best rotation imo is
    PG:Lillard (34)/ McCollum (6)/ Napier (8)
    SG:McCollum (28)/ Connaughton (10)/ Napier (10)
    SF:Aminu (23)/ Turner (15)/ Connaughton (10)
    PF:Vonleh (30)/ Davis (14)/ Aminu (6)
    C:Nurkic (32)/ Leonard (14 if he contuine to play like the New Orleans game)

BrunoSOC likes this.
  7. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Remember this Dame's rookie year?

I wish he'd dunk more. It's prolly hard on his feet but it really amps up the crowd. Moda has been so weak this season.

BrunoSOC and Jade Falcon like this.
  8. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

You don't cheer for bad, so...

9. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    I'd like that too but Stotts seems to favor small, softer, non-shooting lineups for some reason. Aminu as a 'stretch 4'. The only thing that was stretching was my patience. And before anyone tells me how he is shooting 42% from '3' this season, while I'm glad he's doing that, it's over a 10 games span so far and for someone who is a career 33% from '3', I need a little more long term proof.

10. BrunoSOC

JAZZ are destroying Washington. They will rest in the 4QR because game isn't gonna be close. Games gonna be tough

11. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Smashing them by 30 and the guy we could of had in Mitchell has 18

12. rotary111

rotary111 Well-Known Member

Real Estate.
    You'll drive your self crazy if you follow who we could have had. That list is long.

Cippy91 likes this.
  13. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Blazers vs Wizards

Blazers getting a chance at the Wiz on the second of a B2B without John Wall. In his place should be Tim Frazier. At the time i am writing this they are down 30 points in Utah but that might change before i'm done writing. Any way you look at it doesn't really seem like they are coming into the Rose Garden on a winning streak. They did just beat Detroit but lost to Philly last week. Personally i have been thinking??? My thoughts are about the way this season is going. There is a lot of parity in the NBA this year. The reason i think is because of the changes in schedule. Less B2Bs and shorter road trips. It's giving teams time to prep and when they do have a B2B they are not totally wrecked going into it. There was also a statement made by a couple people about rotations. Blazers are playing 11 and even 12 guys consistently. Might be part of the way the season is going. I like seeing more players used. Stotts is not killing his starters.

Utah is simply blowing the Wiz out so don't think they will be playing lots of minutes. They also will be looking to right the ship. First thing to look for is the bench play of the big Czech guard Satoransky. He has been coming in and scoring well with the absence of Wall. Not a game changer but he Scores, Passes and Rebounds well. 6-7 SG that the Blazers have to match up against.

Next you got Bradley Beal vs CJ. This was a wash in the last game as both scored 26 pts and played about the same minutes. CJ has not been shooting well. Hope he breaks out of this slump. Really makes the Blazers tough to beat when he is hitting shots he usually hits.

In the Blazers win in Washington they had problems containing Oubre off the bench. Pat did okay vs Porter but the Blazers have a problem at SF. Turner and Harkless just could not produce and Aminu was not back yet. I thought the return of Aminu would translate into some wins but it seems to have disrupted the offense even more. He has made some shots but there just is not the movement. Hope they get that worked out. At this point i would not like to see him in the starting lineup. Aminu is not a starter IMO.

Nurk can get plenty of good looks against Gortat. If he makes them this team will roll. The Blazers have got to find a way to get some consistent scoring from Nurkic. This will be a learning process for all of them. He has been scouted and they need to work on some glaring problems. Taking the ball to the hoop with authority would be one thing he should work on. Next putting the ball on the floor in a crowd and holding it way too low would help limit some untimely turnovers. It will come. Don't lose patience on Nurkic. He has the tools just needs to keep getting better.

Pick tonight is Vonleh.

Markieff Morris was held to 9 points and Vonleh seemed to be a big reason for that. Vonleh logged 8 pts with 10 big rebounds in the last game. Noah can handle more. I personally would love to see them feed the kid and punish Morris. Morris gets frustrated and makes mistakes. If Vonleh gets the edge here the Blazers will have a big night.

Enjoy the game. My bet is the Blazers will not lose three straight at home. Time to play tough are show a little pride.

Go Blazers!

Kjironman is a fan!!!

14. BrunoSOC

Washington score 69 points against Utah. They will come tough this game, but this is not our problem. Finish them, W.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  15. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Blazers don't want to lose three straight at home. I agree. It's not our problem.

BrunoSOC likes this.
  16. Cippy91

True but I think about it this way. Could of grabbed Donovan Mitchell, trade cj next season for some good pieces and Mitchell is your starting sg next to dame. I never used to entertain trade cj ideas but at this point I don’t know if the problem is that back court but also a combination of back court and just mediocre players surrounding them. Whether that’s a trade cj scenario or not, Mitchell would of been ready for backup minutes

17. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    until who gets HIRED?

kjironman1 likes this.
  18. Cippy91

why in the fuck did we take Collins at 10 if we aren’t even gonna develop him? I just don’t get it. Even when we are getting blown out or smacking a team they still don’t play Collins. I just dont understand.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  19. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Donovan Mitchell won't win ROTY this year but time will show he is the best player in this draft class.

20. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    He can be developed without getting playing time he doesn't deserve.

kjironman1 and BonesJones like this.