Game Thread GAME# 25: ROCKETS @ BLAZERS - DECEMBER 9, 2017 - SATURDAY, 7:00 PM (PST), NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Dec 5, 2017.

?

If the Blazers could only keep 2 of the following Blazers in RFA, whom would you want them to keep?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2017.
  1. Connaughton

9.8%
  2. Napier

23.5%
  3. Nurkic

96.1%
  4. Vonleh

62.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GrandJury

GrandJury Well-Known Member

I wish we had their record

2. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Terry's 4th quarter lineups were garbage. When Dame got injured, Houston smelled blood and Stotts did nothing to stop the bleeding. After the first three possessions after Dame got hurt, I told my daughter we were ahead by 14 points, but we were going to lose. It was clear as day. Note that I have not previously bashed him, but as bad as the players played, Stotts coaching was worse. Which was crazy, considering he'd been doing great through 3 quarters. Then the fourth quarter comes around, and more often than not, Stotts shits the bed. Like Saturday. He completely went away from what had been working. Incredible.

Boob-No-More likes this.
  3. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

As much as I hate to say it, Stotts is falling into the old Nate McMillan bad habit of letting the opposing coach dictate the match ups. Rather than forcing mismatches that favor his team, Terry is trying to adapt to what the opponent does.

That's a losing strategy. Don't let a team like HOU force you to play small ball, force them to go big or get abused if they don't.

You know, kind of like we did in the third quarter. Why completely abandon something that was working and try to out small ball the Rockets? It makes no sense and is giving me unpleasant flashbacks to the most annoying habit Nate had as a coach here in Portland.

BNM

MarAzul likes this.
  4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I said it earlier, I think Stotts may be the worst coach in the league that actually has talent to work with that he could use to the teams' advantage.

blue9 likes this.
  5. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Keep it coming, people need to hear it.