Game 3: Dallas Mavericks @ Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by the_pestilence, Apr 26, 2007.

1. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

did you guys just see Nelson on Sportscenter? He is quite the funny guy! He was talking with a straight face about the Warriors' motivation, and then he mentions at the end that they were also trying prove Barkley wrong, and then he grinned. :HAHAHA: must feel great when you get a huge win like this. But he won't let his team get cocky, I hope. :dribble:

2. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

It's not that big of a surprise that GS is doing so well, is it?They dominated in the regular season so obviously know how to play Dallas. I hate it when people are saying that GS going 3-0 against the Mavs in regular season won't carry over to the playoffs but the Spurs will beat the Suns beacause they do in the season. The Warriors are also a fantastic team at home.

3. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

"Hey Charles, why don't you add me to your fave five so I can call you up and call you a DOUCHEBAG for what you said about the Warriors" - Damon Bruce

4. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

I have no idea how, but damn Warriors are putting a scare into this team.I don't see Rok he is in hideing. :lol:How many of you actually think they will make it out of the first round?

5. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

I am so impressed with how this team is playing right now...They are exploiting Dallas' weaknesses to the fullest. They definitely have a big chance to get by the first round unless Dallas wakes up and stops trying to run with Golden State. If Golden State ends up playing the Spurs somehow, their season is going to end. They match up terribly against them.

6. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Apr 28 2007, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I am so impressed with how this team is playing right now...They are exploiting Dallas' weaknesses to the fullest. They definitely have a big chance to get by the first round unless Dallas wakes up and stops trying to run with Golden State. If Golden State ends up playing the Spurs somehow, their season is going to end. They match up terribly against them.</div>Well damn let's not have Denver out of it as far as I remember it is 1-1. hehe :dunno: Denver has a CHANCE atleast :happy0144: lolAnd eh I still can't see Warriors moving on even though they are putting a heck of a scare into Dallas.

7. S_Gurad

S_Gurad BBW Elite Member

No offense, but you mavs supporters that have been bashing goldenstate like their trash, should be looking real stupid now(.) Suprise :shok: (!) Even IF golden state loses which will probably be in a game 7 at this pace, Don nelson and the warriors deserve much respect(.) Don nelson has rotated his line-up having al harrington come off the bench, While Beidrins starts against dampier this past game(.) As a result, well u seen it(.) I aint riddin on no bandwagon(.) I just knew this would come if GS got that 8th spot(.) Don knows his mavs(.)What's next Denver over San an(?) lol <--- I'm not assuming sh*t kids(.)

8. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Can someone tell me how Golden State just beat the Mavricks by like 18? I thought they never get blown out. Im telling you, Don Nelson is coaching them through this whole thing.

9. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 28 2007, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well damn let's not have Denver out of it as far as I remember it is 1-1. hehe :dunno: Denver has a CHANCE atleast :happy0144: lolAnd eh I still can't see Warriors moving on even though they are putting a heck of a scare into Dallas.</div>Yeah, Denver has a pretty good chance as of right now...I just still feel that the Spurs will win it in at most of 7 games. I think 6 sounds just about right to me right now.

10. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see Rok he is in hideing. [​IMG]</div>Yes I do love posting at 3 am in the morning my time. [​IMG] I'm not hiding, I sleep. I don't bandwagon like Serge, and jump off his fav team. They lost, it's still only 1-2. I'm not going to jump off a cliff.

11. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

you know what an odd stat is?over 50% of series where a team is up 2-1 are evened 2-2Of course teams up 2-1 also win 82% of the time :-)

12. 41nowitzness41

41nowitzness41 BBW Member

The key for the Mavs in game 4 will be defense and getting to the line. If the mavs can find a way to get to the line for the rest of the series like they did in game 2, then they can win. I don't really see them winning any other way besides maybe controlling the pace, but they would still have a hard time agains the smaller lineup, so they would still have to get more free throws.Now, the Warriors can easily dominate the rest of the games and win the series 4-1 if they can dominate the tempo and the paint, but I don't see that happening. I really see this series going to game 7, but it's still hard to predict. If the Mavs expect to win even 1 more game, they have some problems to assess. 1) They must find an answer to the run and gun, small lineup of the Warriors.2) My major key to the game for the mavs is simple: DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE. If they can make it to the line like in game 2 I see them winning the series in 6.3) Diop must continue to play well and get back and stop the warriors paint dominance.With all of this said, it could easily go either way as of right now. Both teams have some stuff to look at from the 3 games and expect a few changes.

13. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

one thing that's a misnomer about the pace is that this game was still below the warriors' average pace, and game 1, which the warriors won, was even slower than the Mavericks' average pace.

14. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Apr 28 2007, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, Denver has a pretty good chance as of right now...I just still feel that the Spurs will win it in at most of 7 games. I think 6 sounds just about right to me right now.</div>Nah don't think it be in 6 I think in 7 Spurs would win. Don't think Denver will let them close it out on there home court.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 28 2007, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yes I do love posting at 3 am in the morning my time. [​IMG] I'm not hiding, I sleep. I don't bandwagon like Serge, and jump off his fav team. They lost, it's still only 1-2. I'm not going to jump off a cliff.</div>I am always a Sixers fan so STFU. And 70% of Sixers fans are cheering on AI to win a title.

15. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 28 2007, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, but there was no real fave in that series, unlike this one, where I was pretty much the only guy predicting their victory.</div>I don't see what that has to do with anything. The parallel was that we were down in that, and we're down in this. It's not the first time we've been down in a series, regardless of "favorites." In fact, aside from last year and this year, we've rarely been favorites for anything.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Milgod @ Apr 28 2007, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's not that big of a surprise that GS is doing so well, is it?They dominated in the regular season so obviously know how to play Dallas. I hate it when people are saying that GS going 3-0 against the Mavs in regular season won't carry over to the playoffs but the Spurs will beat the Suns beacause they do in the season. The Warriors are also a fantastic team at home.</div>I think it has more to do with GS being pretty hot right now and Dallas' defense going down the tubes the last month or so.The reason it makes sense to say that the regular season has nothing to do with this series is because 2 of the 3 games were not even played by the same teams. The first game was played when we had that 0-4 streak at the beginning of the season (GS also had not made their big trade yet, obviously), and the third one was played when we had 3 of our starters sit out for the entire game. If you can't see the relevance in that, well I can't help you.As for SA and Phoenix, SA has dominated Phoenix for quite a while... until they prove differently, I don't see why anyone would assume otherwise.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Apr 28 2007, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Can someone tell me how Golden State just beat the Mavricks by like 18? I thought they never get blown out. Im telling you, Don Nelson is coaching them through this whole thing.</div>We have broken down several times throughout the past few playoffs. I agree that Don has had a huge effect on this team, but it's also in part because of Harrington and Jackson. They are so much better than Dunleavy and whatever other hoes they traded away.

16. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>We have broken down several times throughout the past few playoffs. I agree that Don has had a huge effect on this team, but it's also in part because of Harrington and Jackson. They are so much better than Dunleavy and whatever other hoes they traded away.</div>yeah, Jackson has a case for being one of the most underrated players in the league. He's had about 5 or 6 25-7-7 games or equivalents thereof for the Warriors and is averaging about 17-5-5 for us. He's a very strong passer and scorer and is the second best player on a team full of strong players. People confuse him being stupid off the court with his on court play; while he's an idiot on the court, he's a very smart player.What can I say? The Warriors this season were +140 with him on the court and -170 with him off the court.

17. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 29 2007, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, Jackson has a case for being one of the most underrated players in the league. He's had about 5 or 6 25-7-7 games or equivalents thereof for the Warriors and is averaging about 17-5-5 for us. He's a very strong passer and scorer and is the second best player on a team full of strong players. People confuse him being stupid off the court with his on court play; while he's an idiot on the court, he's a very smart player.What can I say? The Warriors this season were +140 with him on the court and -170 with him off the court.</div>Pretty much, yeah. People also were confused because he was on a terrible team.