Game Thread GAME# 33: MAVERICKS @ BLAZERS - DECEMBER 23, 2018 - SUNDAY, 6:00 PM, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Dec 21, 2018.

?

This is CJ's 6th year in the league. Do you believe he will ever get an All-star nod?

Poll closed Dec 28, 2018.
  1. Yes

4.0%
  2. There's a chance

22.0%
  3. Very little chance

40.0%
  4. No chance at all

34.0%
  1. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Doncic also got to the line a bunch, which CJ didn't. Doncic also hit a better percentage from 3 than CJ. The only numbers that are in CJ's favor for the game are 2-point percentage and percentages that follow along with it. But since there's SOOOOO much more to paying basketball than just shooting, I'd hope a knowledgeable fan (like Eric is) would know better than to claim that FG% alone indicates that one player "outplayed" the other.

Darkwebs and oldmangrouch like this.
  2. PHXBlazer1

PHXBlazer1 Well-Known Member

Donkic fucking sucks..he's not a Blazer (and save your breath with the bullshit I already know what you're gonna say)

Darkwebs likes this.
  3. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Typo-Supposed to say "5 years in the league" 5th season yes. But you seem to have missed his best number are here? The point however is they are not getting any better. He is what he is.
    Did you also miss the whole point that the Blazers need a real threat other than Dame and CJ?

Nit Pick Yes...

4. kjironman1

He will never be the threat that the original post was talking about.

This is what i said.
    "The Blazers need another player that will make teams pay if they don't take that player seriously. A player that will absolutely destroy them if they don't guard him. Until they get that player any team at any time can beat the Blazers. Just my take on things."

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  5. kjironman1

Don't eat the hat Lanny. I tried that once. Didn't go down well at all.

6. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

I didn't miss your point at all. My point is that Nurk never had a chance to fully develop in Denver (inconsistent minutes). Since coming here he has improved - but the team has not prioritized developing him into that 3rd threat you (correctly) point out the team needs.

For that matter, I'm not convinced they are paying much attention to Collin's development either. Simons and Trent aren't even on the radar.

kjironman1 and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  7. kjironman1

Do you think Nurk can become the dominant player that this team needs to take them to the next level? I just don't see it happening whomever is coaching this team. Way too many lazy shots and lackluster movements. He also has a case of the drops it seems? Who on earth has let that guy continue to grab a rebound and immediately take the ball down to his waist to try to jump again? This is where i totally side with @BonesJones . Stotts needs to get his head out of his arse on the big men. Either he has to coach them correctly? Or man up and have the balls to say that is not something he can do and hire a true "Bigs" coach. Half of the argument for it not being Stott's fault the offense doesn't work is "Missed Shots". When your Bigs are missing close range shots at the level these guys are it's tough to make an argument for them. Honestly i would like to see Nurk at 55% or better. Players like Deandre Jordan sit above 60% and have even approached 70%. Nurk is currently at 48% and Collins is at 49%. Meyers is at 51%.

Collins might still have a chance? Lets see how much work he puts in this next summer. IMO he needs to add a solid scoring move every year. (At least one) Two if at all possible and then he needs to become a better shooter from range. That kid is young. Book has yet to be written on him.

BonesJones and oldmangrouch like this.