Game Thread GAME# 35: BLAZERS @ WARRIORS - DECEMBER 27, 2018 - THURSDAY, 7:30 PM, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Dec 25, 2018.

?

Which Christmas Day games did you watch?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2019.
  1. Bucks vs Knicks

14.3%
  2. Thunder vs Rockets

12.2%
  3. 76ers vs Celtics

26.5%
  4. Lakers vs Warriors

32.7%
  5. Blazers vs Jazz

71.4%
  6. All of them

16.3%
  7. None of them

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

They have a statement that is commonly used in cases like this....

I think it goes something like this?

"You Shut Your Whore Mouth!"

2. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

CROSS SCREEN FOR NURK CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

3. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

Well Stotts wanted to have the 1st unit have the glory and Curry had 2 straight turnovers by trying to do to much one on one before getting taken out. What piss me off more than anything when Dame try go iso with 15 sec left in the game after getting 2 shots block on jumper and then shoot air ball. When you had Curry that was hot and no one that couldn't stop Nurk. Yes he the winning shot that after Aminu bail him out after a bad pass by Dame.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  4. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I would give the Blazers the advantage in every department except:
    1. Home court;
    2. Point guard which is a push;
    3. Center which is a push;
    4. Small forward;
    5. Shooting guard;
    6. Jersey;
    7. Coach.

Darkwebs likes this.
  5. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I thought Durant might have deferred too much to Thompson and Curry; maybe he figured that over the long run it was better to get them going than to win this game.

6. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Listen what Rob Perez says in the first 7 minutes of the Video about the Blazers bench and especially Evan fucking turnover. This guy is from National Media which means he does not watch many Trail Blazers games, and even he knows how shitty Evan turnover and our bench is, i know our bench was okay last night, but too inconsistent over a Full Season.
    He could be a better Coach than Stotts lmao

Darkwebs likes this.
  7. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

8. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

help me out here....maybe my memory is faulty

over the last 4 seasons, when Portland has gone on their hot streaks and got rolling in the 2nd half of seasons, I remember two consistent factors: one is that Dame had stepped up into superstar mode; the other is that Harkless was playing well and contributing on both ends of the floor. Is that wrong?

I really really want CJ in another uniform and have for 3 years. Hate his game. But I know as long as Olshey is GM, CJ will stay right where he is gobbling up tons of Blazer possessions and dribbling away lots of Blazer shot clocks putting up average, at best, efficiency and production

meanwhile, those good teams in the NBA, for decades it seems, have had consistency at the wing, and by wing I don't mean the 6'3, or less, wings like Portland has & Olshey has a hard-on for, but the 6'6-6'10 outside-to-inside players that seem to generate contenders, year after year

Portland absolutely needs to find consistency at the SF position, and unfortunately, the only consistent thing about Harkless is his inconsistency. I'd love to think the engaged impactful Harkless we saw last night was there to stay, but after 4 seasons, why would anything be different?

that's why it's driven me bonkers when Paul George and Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard were all up for trade and Olshey idiotically tried to deal himself into the game by pushing his worst chips into the pot, while making his 'best' chips untouchable.

sure, this is going nowhere because the GM doesn't believe it and doesn't give a shit as long as his own ego is serviced by the roster he created. But for Portland to step up into contending status, they absolutely need a wing that isn't a mini-wing, is consistent, and is not redundant with Dame like CJ is. Yeah, that's beating a dead horse, but every once in a while, I swear that horse twitches.

James lamphear and oldmangrouch like this.
  9. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

jonnyboy likes this.
  10. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

Draymond is really off his game because with the way Nurkic was humiliating him last night, and as emotional as Green was, it's really amazing Green couldn't find some way to 'accidentally' crush Nurk's nutbag on some type of "basketball play"

BonesJones and TBpup like this.
  11. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    This is like the first time I've seen you complain about Stotts.

BonesJones likes this.
  12. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

THIS. T
    Such a stupid celebration. But Nurk was on one last night. Feed the Beast

13. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

He also says:

"When you close out games with Turner, Aminu, and Harkless you are forced to rely on Damian Lillard and McColumn to carry you night in and night out. He also suggested that Melo would be perfect on the Blazers and that Stotts should go super small with Dame, CJ, and Curry."

What I found more interesting is what he said about the Warriors....

"The Warriors offense is dog shit out there when you have a guy out there who can't shoot. When Looney is out there with Draymond....teams cheat and will double the shooters". Sound familiar?

BonesJones, Darkwebs and kjironman1 like this.
  14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

How awesome is it that Dame hit the game winner in his hometown in OT for a one pt win....just woke up today and thought we've just seen something really special happen again in the NBA

15. swish3

swish3 Well-Known Member

Yes! This win can be the start of the Blazers road to the NBA Championship!

Magoo and riverman like this.
  16. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

:biglaugh:

17. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Game replayed on local network this afternoon. Looks fine second time around.

DUB, e_blazer and riverman like this.
  18. bobf

bobf Well-Known Member

While I'm happy with the win, once again Blazers and Dame are playing low IQ basketball down the stretch. Dame's ISO hero ball is bad basketball. We should be playing Spurs style team basketball down the stretch.

Dame is not good enough (few are) to go 1 on 2 or 1 on 4 at the end of the game when the refs are swallowing their whistles. He threw the ball right into opponent hands on one key play. He shot the ball over the backboard on another. He won the game on a lucky broken play where he nearly dribbled out of bounds, then threw a desperate blind pass that only worked because it enticed the defense to chase the pass, leaving Dame kind of open for a difficult three that went in. Even then Durant had to miss an 80% shot.

Not sustainable. We need to play high IQ basketball. Dame is generally a high IQ player but the one low IQ part of his game is his innate tendency is to hero ball when the going gets tough.

19. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

You're using rare instances and ignoring the majority of times he makes the right play. The offensive system feeds into Dame isolations. You think Dame is the one holding us back from play "Spurs style basketball"? This is a pretty bad post man... Blaming Dame for the teams struggles is ridiculous.

20. bobf

bobf Well-Known Member

It's not rare. It's the end of just about every close game. Not necessarily blaming Dame alone either as it's probably coach's choice as well. Nor am I talking about what's holding us back from playing "Spurs style basketball" in general because often we do play that way, and it works, and often it's due to Dame. So he can play that way. But at the end of close games for some reason we abandon team ball in favor low IQ ISO ball. It fails and will continue to fail except when we get incredibly lucky.

EDIT -
    Just let me add -- I don't know where you got from my post that I'm blaming Dame for "the teams struggles" which is a broad topic that includes a lot of different issues. I was blaming Dame for one particular low IQ aspect of his and Blazers game (I blame coaching too).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018