Game 4: Dallas Mavericks @ Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by the_pestilence, Apr 28, 2007.

1. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Just like Kobe, Wade, and any other superstar.</div>Any superstar except for KG [​IMG]

2. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Apr 30 2007, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>PS- Baron Davis is absuing them like Wade abused them last year in the Finals. Does anyone agree yet that Mavs not having a defensive stopper on the perimeter is killing them? Anyone?</div>The difference is that Baron Davis has been on fire all over the place, while Wade depended mostly on FT's the whole series.edit: This is something I need to go on a tirade about. I honestly think that this Golden State team is better than last year's Miami team. They have outhustled us and forced us into elementary mistakes. That doesn't excuse our team because I expect better out of all of our players. Dirk and Howard were inconsistent tonight - Howard disappeared at the end, while Dirk was only noticeable in the last couple minutes. Stack was about the only great player tonight, and he's been non-existent the beginning of this series. We made a couple bad passes that literally cost us the game. My point being that people just called us whiners for losing to Miami. Realistically though, that was a f*cking awful team (hint: it's the same team as this year who just got swept by the Bulls...). I honestly think getting beat by this GS team is much less embarrassing for the league and our team.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 30 2007, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>second game the Warriors have won at the Mavericks pace.</div>I don't think the Mavericks have been playing their own pace for over a month. Our defense was great the first half, then reverted in the second. I think anytime we give up ~100, we aren't playing our pace. Sorry.

3. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Apr 29 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ermmm....Lakers won 3 straight titles, so obviously few teams could beat them.As for this game, I'm pumped. The fans are amazing, Warriors are fun as hell to watch, underdog could go up 3-1 on a 67 win #1 seed....and Jessica Alba is in attendance!!!!!!</div>And that was the best part of the game. [​IMG]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 29 2007, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What a way to close out the half by Golden State! Baron, wow. The energy is electric in that building. This series is great.Another note, from the halftime show::HAHAHA:</div> :HAHAHA: now that all was funny.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 29 2007, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Positive, were not losing. I find it funny how this thread has turned into a pro Warriors though.</div> :thumbdn1: :HAHAHA: I am having so much fun, and Rok is not thank you Warriors.Anyway there fans are great if Denver fans cheered half as much as Warriors fan's it be crazy awsome home court advantage.And (Amare) LOL on the Warriors bandwagon LMAO what a NONE TRUE Sixers fan. [​IMG]

4. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 30 2007, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyway there fans are great if Denver fans cheered half as much as Warriors fan's it be crazy awsome home court advantage.</div>It's hard to chant for a team that isn't exciting at all.

5. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Don Nelson is the reason Dallas is losingThis is pretty exciting as much as I wanna see Dallas pull it off..which IMO would be even more exciting

6. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Apr 30 2007, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's hard to chant for a team that isn't exciting at all.</div>HAHA Yeah your clearly a hater Denver is exiciting to watch like the Suns. With they ran more like Suns though.

7. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 30 2007, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>With they ran more like Suns though.</div>Uh... okay?

8. S_Gurad

S_Gurad BBW Elite Member

That game was crazy(.) I havent watched a full game in a while(.) The white horse teams number is almost up(.) Hopefully Dallas does respond making this interesting, even though it would be cool to see this organized group of individuals lose to a streetballish type team(.)I doubt they will beat the spurs tho(.) Then again...... Baron Davis is back from injury and bloodthirsty(.) Reminds me of the last time I seen him in the playoffs in the BUcks Hornets series a few years back during that whole team wearing headband crap(.) Bucks won though(!) :happy0144:

9. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

When your superstar says our season could end tonight, that is pretty upsetting. Im disappointed. It's almost like he gave up. Which gives him no motivation to win Tuesday We have new Warriors fans. But no new Bulls fans

10. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I remember Tony making a thread 2 months ago about how the Warriors had the Mavericks number and could give them trouble in the playoffs....I called it ridiculous, boy was I wrong. If the Mavericks lose this series, wow, it's not over yet but it doesn't look good.

11. MoNeY_MiKe__

MoNeY_MiKe__ BBW Elite Member

Lets Go Warriors! :dribble: That was a great game. Dallas doesn't look like the Dallas team from the regular season and the Warriors are playing great.

12. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

God Dam that BDiddy if freaking strong- a super athlete. He's sure peaking at the right time of the year.....reminds me or another guard in lasts years playoffs. Never underestimate one man. Last year in the finals DWade killed them, now its bdiddy- I think Cuban should look at that in the off season- get someone with a bit more "presence"

13. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think the Mavericks have been playing their own pace for over a month. Our defense was great the first half, then reverted in the second. I think anytime we give up ~100, we aren't playing our pace. Sorry.</div>Sorry, when I say pace I have stats to back it up. The Mavericks have 89.5 possessions per game, the third slowest in the league, compared to 99.1 (fastest in the league) by the Warriors. Game 1 consisted of about 89 possessions per team. Game 4 consisted of about 91.The Mavericks are one of the exceptions to the rule when it comes to pace correlating to points. They are so efficient that they averaged 100 ppg despite being the third slowest paced team in the league. Right now the Warriors are being that efficient; playing at the Mavericks' slow pace and still getting 100.Game 3 on the other hand was totally at the Warriors' pace, with ~98 possessions. However it would have been more like 105 possessions if the fourth quarter wasn't slowed down so much since they were trying to keep a lead.

14. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

Wow, I am very pleased with what the Warriors are doing to the Mavs. but I wouldnt be surprised to see them to become last years Lakers because Dallas is that good of a team. But if they dont wake up now, we're gonna see both of last years title teams go out in embarrasing fashion-in the first round.

15. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PN13 @ Apr 30 2007, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, I am very pleased with what the Warriors are doing to the Mavs. but I wouldnt be surprised to see them to become last years Lakers because Dallas is that good of a team. But if they dont wake up now, we're gonna see both of last years title teams go out in embarrasing fashion-in the first round.</div>it's possible, but teams up 3 games to 1 are 158-8 in series overall.

16. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 30 2007, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry, when I say pace I have stats to back it up. The Mavericks have 89.5 possessions per game, the third slowest in the league, compared to 99.1 (fastest in the league) by the Warriors. Game 1 consisted of about 89 possessions per team. Game 4 consisted of about 91.The Mavericks are one of the exceptions to the rule when it comes to pace correlating to points. They are so efficient that they averaged 100 ppg despite being the third slowest paced team in the league. Right now the Warriors are being that efficient; playing at the Mavericks' slow pace and still getting 100.Game 3 on the other hand was totally at the Warriors' pace, with ~98 possessions. However it would have been more like 105 possessions if the fourth quarter wasn't slowed down so much since they were trying to keep a lead.</div>Pace is not entirely determined by number of possessions, but also how quickly you get up and down the court. But yeah, you are being more efficient.

17. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Apr 30 2007, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Pace is not entirely determined by number of possessions, but also how quickly you get up and down the court. But yeah, you are being more efficient.</div>pace is number of possessions; if you get up the court in 2 seconds but it takes 20 seconds to take a shot then you're not fast paced.

18. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 30 2007, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>pace is number of possessions; if you get up the court in 2 seconds but it takes 20 seconds to take a shot then you're not fast paced.</div>Nope. The problem is that you're assuming that the total number of possessions accounts for one team's pace, or I guess in this case the game's pace.Let's say we have, I dunno, 90 seconds to play a game. Let's say the Warriors only take 7 seconds down the court everytime. Then the Mavs take 23 seconds each time down the court. So that means we'd get a total of 6 possessions, right? That's not too many. Let's say the Mavs take 14 and the Warriors take 14. Alright, well that's a lot more possessions (I'm not going to calculate it), but y'all are taking longer getting down the court. Is that more your pace? I would tend to think that it's not what you're aiming for as far as pace goes.I guess what I'm getting at is that the number of possessions is deceiving. The opposing team can bring down the number of possessions by how long they hold onto the ball. You can't really control how long the other team holds the ball unless you steal it. Many times during these games, we have literally been jacking up buzzer beaters. I don't think that is anyone's "pace." I mean, teams certainly do not strive to take bad shots at the buzzer. You guys have been getting fast break points pretty regularly throughout the series. As I said, for the first half you had no fast break points, but later on you got a shitton.

19. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Apr 30 2007, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nope. The problem is that you're assuming that the total number of possessions accounts for one team's pace, or I guess in this case the game's pace.Let's say we have, I dunno, 90 seconds to play a game. Let's say the Warriors only take 7 seconds down the court everytime. Then the Mavs take 23 seconds each time down the court. So that means we'd get a total of 6 possessions, right? That's not too many. Let's say the Mavs take 14 and the Warriors take 14. Alright, well that's a lot more possessions (I'm not going to calculate it), but y'all are taking longer getting down the court. Is that more your pace? I would tend to think that it's not what you're aiming for as far as pace goes.I guess what I'm getting at is that the number of possessions is deceiving. The opposing team can bring down the number of possessions by how long they hold onto the ball. You can't really control how long the other team holds the ball unless you steal it. Many times during these games, we have literally been jacking up buzzer beaters. I don't think that is anyone's "pace." I mean, teams certainly do not strive to take bad shots at the buzzer. You guys have been getting fast break points pretty regularly throughout the series. As I said, for the first half you had no fast break points, but later on you got a shitton.</div>But overall, when it is 90 possessions per team, and the Warriors average 100 in the regular season while the Mavs average 90, you have to say it's the mavericks' pace.As for the 24 second shot clock problems, that's not new, the warriors force the most 24 second violations in the league.

20. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Marvinmartian @ Apr 30 2007, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No we're not...because you're still wrong. They do have defensive stoppers, but it doesn't do ANY good if Baron Davis is on fire...you can't stop him when he's in the zone.Just like Kobe, Wade, and any other superstar.Get off that crap...not having a defensive stopper, which they actually do, isn't the reason they are losing this series...which it looks like they maight have.</div>Baron has been hitting jumpers, but the reason he is scoring so greatly and the Warriors offense has been so efficient is he has been able to blow by the defenders and get into the paint. No one is staying in front of him, no one is getting physical with him, etc... It is JUST like the Finals in that regard.They don't have a defensive stopper on the perimeter. Harris is the only above average perimeter defender, but he is not up there with the likes of Bell, Bowen, Battier, Hinrich, etc... His size also hurts his defensive abilties (which is why the likes of Davis abuse him, as they can post up on him). Howard, George, Buckner and terry are all average at best.