Game 4: Dallas Mavericks @ Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by the_pestilence, Apr 28, 2007.

1. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Wow that was insane. Crowd was so into to it too its been along since I have seen an NBA crowd like that.

2. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Apr 30 2007, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Baron has been hitting jumpers, but the reason he is scoring so greatly and the Warriors offense has been so efficient is he has been able to blow by the defenders and get into the paint. No one is staying in front of him, no one is getting physical with him, etc... It is JUST like the Finals in that regard.They don't have a defensive stopper on the perimeter. Harris is the only above average perimeter defender, but he is not up there with the likes of Bell, Bowen, Battier, Hinrich, etc... His size also hurts his defensive abilties (which is why the likes of Davis abuse him, as they can post up on him). Howard, George, Buckner and terry are all average at best.</div>Baron is hitting jumpers from half court, falling over, tossing the ball up...and they're all going in.That's the definition of being on Fire to me...Nobody can guard him right now...Nobody in the NBA could guard him if he's doing this crap later.Like someone else said, Baron is on fire from all over the court...Wade drove and got calls, and beat us at the FT line. BIG difference.But of course, you can't see that.

3. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

Oh man, I cant wait to see Cuban and Dirk go down in the 1st round! Go Golden State and keep playing inspired! I agree with one of the previous posters, I havent seen a crowd and a team so inspired and loud since...well I cant really think of one.

4. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy Balla @ Apr 30 2007, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow that was insane. Crowd was so into to it too its been along since I have seen an NBA crowd like that.</div>Not really...I even saw a Boston crowd more intense than that 5 years ago..http://youtube.com/watch?v=m2D19TpKQJ4I do enjoy the games better when the crowd is into it though

5. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Marvinmartian @ Apr 30 2007, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Baron is hitting jumpers from half court, falling over, tossing the ball up...and they're all going in.That's the definition of being on Fire to me...Nobody can guard him right now...Nobody in the NBA could guard him if he's doing this crap later.Like someone else said, Baron is on fire from all over the court...Wade drove and got calls, and beat us at the FT line. BIG difference.But of course, you can't see that.</div>Again, he is not just hitting jumpers. What is keeping his FG % high, the offense flowing, and the defense guessing, is his penetration. No one has been able to stop him going to the basket (and same can be said for Jackson and Richardson). He is ripping apart the defense, and it has made the defense back off a bit so he can take jumpers with nice room. As I said, he is hitting jumpers, but what has really killed Dallas is his penetration, and it is why it is like the Finals all over again.

6. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

One thing I noticed, is that Dallas isnt taking advantage of height factor. Dirk should be constantly driving the lane, and using his size to get to the hoop. Instead hes settling for fadeaway jumpers and those are just bad shots against a small, quick team.

7. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

One thing that in my mind will come out of this series is how it exploited Avery Johnson's coaching. I'm not saying he's a bad one but he's still learning and it showed. Lot of things like entry passes and basic strategy were not being done out there and the first place to look when that's out of loop is coaching. Players are confused and have no real direction, also look at how timeouts were managed the past 2 games. Horrible.But it also falls on players, Avery has gone with different lineups and each aren't really following through. It's still not over and I won't believe it's over till Warriors win 4. Mavs just have to play 1 game at a time. Stay focus and do what they said they were going to do all year. It definately makes this possibly the worst series loss in franchise history. Worst than last year's Finals. Fans were fed this championship or bust motto and witnessed a great season. Only to see the team possibly fail in the 1st Round!

8. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Apr 30 2007, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Not really...I even saw a Boston crowd more intense than that 5 years ago..http://youtube.com/watch?v=m2D19TpKQJ4I do enjoy the games better when the crowd is into it though</div>The crowd at Golden State was the largest in how long did they say? And they were all on their feet the whole time screaming. Pinoy is right.

9. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this will end up just like that Orlando-Detroit series when the Magic were up 3-1 as the 8th seed and Detroit reeled off three straight wins to win the series...

10. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 30 2007, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>One thing that in my mind will come out of this series is how it exploited Avery Johnson's coaching. I'm not saying he's a bad one but he's still learning and it showed. Lot of things like entry passes and basic strategy were not being done out there and the first place to look when that's out of loop is coaching. Players are confused and have no real direction, also look at how timeouts were managed the past 2 games. Horrible.But it also falls on players, Avery has gone with different lineups and each aren't really following through. It's still not over and I won't believe it's over till Warriors win 4. Mavs just have to play 1 game at a time. Stay focus and do what they said they were going to do all year. It definately makes this possibly the worst series loss in franchise history. Worst than last year's Finals. Fans were fed this championship or bust motto and witnessed a great season. Only to see the team possibly fail in the 1st Round!</div>Interesting point that I haven't seen brough tup much. Avery has been THOROUGHLY out-coached by Nellie, whether it be on court, in locker room, or in media. Nellie has the Warriors extremely focused, his offensive and defensive schemes have worked out brilliantly, he has kept a young team with a few rotten apples under composure (except in game 2), and his gameplan has worked out perfectly. Avery has been the exact opposite in each area, and his only real change was going big for game 2 (which Nellie countered in game 3, and Avery still hasn't caught up).

11. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 30 2007, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But overall, when it is 90 possessions per team, and the Warriors average 100 in the regular season while the Mavs average 90, you have to say it's the mavericks' pace.</div>Listen, you apparently are set in your ways of how "pace" is, but I responded and gave you a great reason for why I think differently. You're not actually responding to what I said, just repeating yourself.

12. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Apr 30 2007, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Listen, you apparently are set in your ways of how "pace" is, but I responded and gave you a great reason for why I think differently. You're not actually responding to what I said, just repeating yourself.</div>the point is that your idea of "pace" is meaningless if it results in the same number of possessions.

13. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 30 2007, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>the point is that your idea of "pace" is meaningless if it results in the same number of possessions.</div>Once again, you're repeating yourself. Redundancy will not prove any point. You can have more possessions and be going at a slower pace up and down the court, which is what I proved. Also, the Warriors are not the top in the league at 24-second violations. You must have made that up.

14. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Apr 30 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Once again, you're repeating yourself. Redundancy will not prove any point. You can have more possessions and be going at a slower pace up and down the court, which is what I proved. Also, the Warriors are not the top in the league at 24-second violations. You must have made that up.</div>You "proved" nothing, you postulated. The point of the matter is that x possessions is x scoring opportunities, no matter how fast or slow the individual "possessions" are going. Your example of one team taking 23 seconds and the other taking 7 is meaningless since no team ever has the ball above 55% of the game on average (in terms of seconds, minutes, or what have you), making it ignorant to suggest a one team would have the ball 76% of the time.If there are 90 possessions per team in a 48 minute game, that means 16 seconds per possession per team. Assuming that a Dallas led the league in possession of time with the ball with 53% (using last year's league leader's numbers since this year isn't available), it would increase the Warriors' pace that possessions project by about 4%, still far closer to the mavericks' pace than the Warriors.Please attempt to "prove" your point with something else, since your first attempt was so incorrect.

15. dirkenator

dirkenator BBW Member

Mavs rock

16. H TOWN AL

H TOWN AL BBW Member

I HATE DALLAS LIKE AN UNWANTED STDwill you please BE LOUD and take care of businessI would rather dallas lose than houston win!!!not really but....I want to see yao play against baron in the paint...he will have 10 blocks per game

17. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (H TOWN AL @ May 3 2007, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I HATE DALLAS LIKE AN UNWANTED STDwill you please BE LOUD and take care of businessI would rather dallas lose than houston win!!!not really but....I want to see yao play against baron in the paint...he will have 10 blocks per game</div>lol, I love that you keep saying "please be loud" since it's pretty much been a given that the Warriors' crowd this series is one of the loudest any team has had in years.