Game 4: Jazz @ Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by bbwSwish, May 13, 2007.

1. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah Gohn -- get rid of that Jazz business</div>

Lol, it worked for a while in the Rockets forum when we were down by 14/16 points. Unfortunately, it doesn't correlate terrible officiating.

2. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I hope some of you guys dont have any "We Believe" gear because some of you are already giving up.

3. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Rudeezy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I hope some of you guys dont have any "We Believe" gear because some of you are already giving up.</div>

I don't even have a We Believe shirt and I'm still optimistic. This team isn't going down without a fight.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Right now I feel like the Tourette's guy on YouTube. I'm pissed!

5. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I hope some of you guys dont have any "We Believe" gear because some of you are already giving up.</div>
    I haven't given up, just really disappointed now. I kept hoping that the Warriors would pull away when they had their chances because I didn't like their chances in the fourth in a close game.

6. Rudeezy

I'm with you Gohn, I knew they needed to build a lead to have a chance, especially when they are missing ft's like that.

7. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

Well we had the lead but everytime we had a chance to stretch the lead..we took another 3 after another and another and another

8. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

The things that hurt the Warriors were:
    1. Free Throws: The Warriors could have won if they made their free throws. Now I know that the Warriors missed fewer free throws than the points they lost by, but if they shot a decent percentage the Jazz wouldn't have scored as many points to close the game out since the Warriors had to foul them.

2. Too much dribbling from Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis. All they did was dribble, dribble, and dribble some more. I'll give it up to Stephen Jackson for getting to the line 12 times and making 11, but otherwise 6 turnovers on 3 assists is not what the team was asking for. Ellis wasn't as bad as Jackson, but he had some times where he was. Also having 0 assists and 2 turnovers isn't going to cut it either. I think perhaps this has to do with the other players who were off the ball seemed to be playing grabass out there. Simply it was UGLY.

3. The Warriors shot like crap and simply the Jazz beat the Warriors up tonight. I really don't know how the Warriors held it as close for as long as they did. They just didn't seem in it. Free throws were bricks, and when they did go in, they averaged about 2 hits on the rim before they sank. It just looked rocky for the Warriors, whereas the Jazz looked solid. They went back to Boozer, and wow everytime he scores I think to myself this guy was selected in the second round but Dunleavy was selected number 3? Was this guy always this good? He looked like Tim Duncan out there vs. this team. Fisher hit some key shots as well. And they hit their FTs.

To close this post out: I guess the future is clear. The Warriors need to win 3 in a row. They looked tired, lost, and frustrated tonight. I wished to have seen a little bit less of Jackson but he was out there for practically the whole game. This loss is tough to handle, but the Warriors simply didn't appear as if they wanted to be playing basketball today. Anyway, if they want to advance they will need to turn it around. I won't be surprised if the league suspends Baron Davis for the next game (from the Fisher incident, unless if Fisher really was flopping). But with or without Baron more players are going to need to step it up.

9. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Nobody believed the Warriors could beat Dallas and that's why we won. The Jazz are playing us seriously and the Warriors acted tonight like they didn't care to close out or were too physically worn out. I kind of want the Warriors to be the underdogs again that has no chance in hell to win. Maybe that'll get them to play harder and move the ball around rather than try to settle for lazy contested jumpers and throwing up junk at the foul line.

10. Gohn

I missed the last minute of the game. Some people in my dorm wanted to watch Desperate Housewives. But I heard J-rich had a flagrant 2 on Okur. Is that a suspension for game 5? Not to mention that play when Baron knocked over Fisher?

11. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Nobody believed the Warriors could beat Dallas and that's why we won. The Jazz are playing us seriously and the Warriors acted tonight like they didn't care to close out or were too physically worn out. I kind of want the Warriors to be the underdogs again that has no chance in hell to win. Maybe that'll get them to play harder and move the ball around rather than try to settle for lazy contested jumpers and throwing up junk at the foul line.</div>

Seriously. Realistically it's tough to make two big upsets in a row. The Warriors looked like they ran out of gas, and were in offseason mode playing one-on-one and had just met their teammates last night for the first time. Hopefully they can find a way to refill their tank and turn it around with three straight wins. But you know how they say it, just one at a time. I would just say that I didn't mind the shot selection as much as the lack of ball movement in the second half. But if you combine some of the bad shot selection and the lack of ball movement in the second half, then yeah, you get junk...

12. Gohn

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Nobody believed the Warriors could beat Dallas and that's why we won. The Jazz are playing us seriously and the Warriors acted tonight like they didn't care to close out or were too physically worn out. I kind of want the Warriors to be the underdogs again that has no chance in hell to win. Maybe that'll get them to play harder and move the ball around rather than try to settle for lazy contested jumpers and throwing up junk at the foul line.</div>
    Agree with you pretty much. But man, this is pretty optimistic for you though. [​IMG]

13. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Nobody believed the Warriors could beat Dallas and that's why we won.</div>

We won because noody believed we could? Like, they didn't take the Warriors seriously? I thought GS beat Dallas because they were the better team.

As far as tonight, I don't blame the refs, or the other team, or anything else. GS just simply settled for too much outside shooting, and missed freethrows. If they can clean it up for game 5, and come back to Oakland, then I think the Oracle crowd will give them a huge boost to maybe rally and take it back to Utah for game seven.

14. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">From now on Legacy needs to post all Game Threads. We're 1-0 during this series when he posts them. [​IMG]</div>

I was about to do it today too, but you already did it. [​IMG]

I'll get the next one. [​IMG]

15. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Nobody believed the Warriors could beat Dallas and that's why we won. The Jazz are playing us seriously and the Warriors acted tonight like they didn't care to close out or were too physically worn out. I kind of want the Warriors to be the underdogs again that has no chance in hell to win. Maybe that'll get them to play harder and move the ball around rather than try to settle for lazy contested jumpers and throwing up junk at the foul line.</div>I dont think that is necessarily true. There is no other team that I would have rather faced in that first round than the Dallas Mavericks. Every game the Warriors have lost in the series have been theirs for the taking...thats why its so disappointing.

16. SIXPAK GQ

SIXPAK GQ JBB JustBBall Member

We Still Believe!

I still love the Warriors even though we lost tonight's game. Baron and Jrich had a bad game, its ok. We can't win them all at home.

I am still proud of the Warriors for what they have done this year. I will not be sad if i we lose to utah here. Go Warriors!

17. Clif25

yeah no doubt the Warriors season has been fun, and will not be harshly looked upon. Seeing Mark Cuban's face and sour reactions throughout the first round of the playoffs was great enough to make it great season for the Warriors.

I love this team as well. They're awesome; and just frustrating some times. So much potential but not always coming through (i.e. Arenas and co. situation and hype; Baron hype/hopes and injuries; now finally they have a shot but obviously they've done great to get where they are at now -- they just need to keep playing good basketball like they can).

18. Gohn

Good post man. I for one was pretty devastated when they lost. But now I'm just gonna try and enjoy the series and see what happens. It's the W's most successful season in over a decade, but you know how it goes, it's human nature to want more and more.

19. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

14 pts for Fisher in the 4th quarter alone to close out the game. Wow, what a liability he is.

And poor sportsmanship from Jrich and Davis at the end. I still love Davis though.

20. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

I admit, that was a cheap shot by Baron but I feel Okur deserved the hit by JRich. Time was winding down and the game was obviously over. Golden State's players were running around trying to foul so you don't drive in and try to dunk the ball. Not only is that not needed, it is disrespectful. I'm glad he didn't get hurt but he deserved to get planted on his ass.