GAME 4 RANGERS-CANADIANS - SERIES CHANGES TONIGHT

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

AV better SLAM these refs after this game

2. Rangers94

Big rule change that is LONG overdue...when a goalie is pulled the team down a man can't be called for icing.

3. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Thank friggin God. Now go get game 5

4. Rangers94

Great game. AWFUL officiating. Possibly the worst game I've ever seen officiated in 30+ years of watching hockey. Holy shit. If AV doesn't throw these refs under the bus and demand they not be allowed to be near an NHL game with the Rangers involved in it I'd be disappointed tremendously. These refs were waiting for someone to get hurt and hoping they would get hurt it seemed like. Smith catches an elbow in the face and no call. Not sure how 4 refs all missed that call but it's disgusting.

5. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Smith is going need some 'personal' masseuse time after that one.

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

He played a heck of a game.

RangersFan likes this.
  7. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Good that they won finally on home ice. I forgot how comfortable win at home in the playoffs feels like.

8. Messiah717

Now onto a critical game five in Montreal.

9. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Very solid game by the Rangers. I guess we are where we always figured to be, tied 2-2. Now we have road ice advantage back...:).

Truth be told I am sure Montreal will come out on fire in game 5, so we need to come ready to play from the start or we can get buried. But if we can get out of the first 8 minutes or so in a good position, I think we can win that game.

And I never complain about the refs, but that 3rd period was a joke. Habs got away with 3 or 4 penalties easy. The only plus is we didn't get called for any either, but not sure we were even close to deserving one. And I feel bad for Smith man...he got beaten up in the 3rd...but he is a good solid dman...I like him a lot.

Onto game 5...need to raise our level again to win that game back in their building.

10. Ranger71

I didn't like his play in the first 2 but he was gutty in the 3rd. Hopefully he's ready for Thurs.

11. RangersFan

I agree 717, game 5 will be critical in the sense that I think it is going to be damn hard to win a game 7 up there. Almost need to win in 6. But for now let's enjoy this win tonight and be happy we still have a season to focus on for a few more days.

12. RangersFan

You don't like Smith 71, that is cool but clear. You have knocked him since he got here. I disagree with you. I think he is a solid lower 2nd pair dman. Happy we have him.

13. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Gutsy game. Both sides seemed to be getting the benefit of the doubt on some of those hits, slashes, trips and general rough play. much rather have that than a ton of penalties. Nice to see them back in the series...best of 3 now! Lundqvist has been tremendous.

14. Ranger71

It's not that i don't like him, but i don't think he's been more than average since getting here. He's taken a decent # of penalties and seems shaky at times in his own end. I liked the acquisition and wouldn't mind keeping him at all. I think with a full camp and what he's gotten from playing with these guys he will look even better next year.

15. Messiah717

They have done it in the past but yes game sevens on the road certainly aren't easy. One game at a time at this point.

16. RangersFan

I think he is what he is, a solid # 4 dman. If you were expecting more than that is on you. He is not a 1st pair dman. I do agree with you on the penalty run he was on late in the season, but he has cleaned that up in the playoffs. Again, to me we are darn lucky we have him. That Skjei/Smith pair has been real solid for us behind McDonagh/Girardi.

17. Ranger71

I actually would feel more confident in game 7 than i do about the next game. All the pressure is on the home team and the Rangers tend to exploit teams in that spot. I would be a little worried about needing to win game 6 at home.

18. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Looks like we got ourselves a series here boys.

Great game. Crowd was electric, best one I've been a part of since the finals playoff run.

Will post some observations tomorrow but in the meantime LETS GO RANGERS

19. RangersFan

Yes, we'll worry about game 7 if we get there. I picked Montreal in 6, and I figured 2-2 would get us there, so we still have a lot of work to do in order to get where we want to get.

I mean let's be real here, we played well tonight, but the lack of finishing and over passing is a huge issue. We'll need to finish way better and SHOOT THE PUCK to win game 5 up there.

And BTW Price didn't make any real big saves tonight, maybe 1 or 2, so we need to get more pressure on him, and get more pucks on net when we can to win game 5.

20. RangersFan

BUT I am happy this team showed some heart and fire at home, that was good to see, and if nothing else a huge improvement from game 3. At least they have some balls.