Game 4: Utah Jazz @ Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by the_pestilence, May 13, 2007.

1. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div align="center"><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">Utah Jazz vs. Golden State Warriors</span></div><div align="center"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Black">Game Four - Sunday May 13th</span></div></span><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Starters:Utah Jazz:</span>[​IMG]<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">PG - Deron Williams - 16.5-8.5-5Importance - The light 6'3" 205 pound Williams must attempt to outmuscle and outhustle the active hands of davis. The turnover happy guard must keep said turnovers to a minimum, as he'll be guarded by three of the league's 20 best thieves, including the league leader in steals primarily, and must not play into the Warriors' game. If he can keep up his rebounds it'll be benificial as that way he takes away the Warriors' advantage of rebounding guards.[​IMG]SG - Derek Fisher - Playoff Stats - 9.5-2Importance - ummmmm...... stay off the court and don't try to play with the big boys. Don't take any shots or get any turnovers and try not to get burnt. I have an inkling that Harpring will start.[​IMG]SF - Andrei Kirilenko - 5-3-2Importance - Needs to be the AK47 of old, which he has done a couple times this past series. Will have to play more perimeter defense than normal.[​IMG]PF - Carlos Boozer - 25-11Importance - He's gonna get his points, but he needs to ablsolutely dominate the boards, and keep the pace going to Utah's favor. He also needs to keep the turnovers down, I could see him averaging 3 per game this series, and is gonna have to hope Matt Barnes' shot isn't dropping as there's no way he can keep up with him on the perimeter.[​IMG]C - Mehmet Okur - 11-8-1.5-1.5Importance - Pretty much the same as Boozer's imperative, dominate and force the Warriors to play at their pace.</span><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Coming off The Bench:Matt Harpring - one of the Keys to Utah's success, he dominates the Warriors every time they play. I think he'll start.Gordan Giricek - continue to shoot the lights out in his limited minutes.Millsap/Collins - Play slowly for your few minutes.Rounding out the Keys for Utah:Pace. Pace. And more pace. They and the Warriors are both teams relying on offense, the difference is that Utah relies on efficiency to their offense and the Warriors rely on speed. The Jazz are a mediocre defensive team so if it gets into a shootout the Warriors can score 130 points on them.X Factor - Deron Williams - If he can't stop Baron, and can't keep his turnovers down, the Warriors will be able to run them into the ground. He needs to play slow grind it out Utah ball and take care of the ball. <span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Starters:Golden State Warriors:</span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">[​IMG]PG - Baron Davis - 25-6-6-2Importance - Be healthy. That's all we need. If Baron has healthy legs we can get up on them early and that's that. If he's limited we'll have a tough time of it. And keep grabbing the rebounds.[​IMG]SG - Jason Richardson - 20-7Importance - Continue with the rebounds, we need all the boards we can get. And murder _Erek Fissure, and play good defense on Harpring.[​IMG]SF - Stephen Jackson - 23-5-4Importance - Keep up the boards, and keep playing like an allstar. Ideally get AK47 into foul trouble.[​IMG]PF - Matt Barnes - 10-6-3Importance - Continue this great play until Monta and/or Harrington gets into their groove. If Matt can nail some threes on Boozer it'll be tough for them to stop us without a zone, which of course we can pick apart.[​IMG]C - Andris Biedrins - 7-5Importance - Play like you did later on in the series and box out for once in your life.Coming off The Bench:</span>Monta Ellis - PG - Get into your A game and take your starting spot back. You can dominate Fisher and get Baron some rest.Michael Pietrus - SF - Continue your strong play of the last couple games. nail some threes to spread out their defense.Al Harrington - C - Stop choking; if we can get him to start at center we'll be unstoppable.X Factor:Matt Barnes - He's often the glue guy to a bunch of runs. He needs to cut the ball off from Boozer as best as possible and shred him on offense as we know he can.</span><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Key Matchup:Barnes vs. Boozer</span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">It's this matchup where the pace of the game will be decided and the pace of the game is what will decide the game.</span></span><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Prediction:Warriors over Jazz: 119-111</span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">It'll be a slightly closer game than before but won't really be within striking distance by the end.</span>

2. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

I'm going to be in the 8th row for this game :dribble:

3. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Lucky bi*ch. Have fun. If Biedrins plays like he did Friday, we win.

4. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

If Utah tries to run with the Warriors again Golden State will win by double figures, if Utah slows it down, keeps a point guard in the game at all time, and doesn't turn the ball over they'll win.

5. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

Wow, I just found out that the Warriors are 14-1 at home since they got the lineup. Let's make it 15-1 today :dribble: I will be there with a sign saying "go back to utah and get some more wives" as well as a big dry erase board in case I feel that something needs to be put on a sign pronto.

6. Silver Man

Silver Man BBW Member

Have fun man enjoy the game. I wish I could be at that game. Anyways yeah I agree with CABANGBANG we need Biedrins to play great tonight and get a ton of rebounds. Rebounds will be the key to our game.

7. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ May 13 2007, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, I just found out that the Warriors are 14-1 at home since they got the lineup. Let's make it 15-1 today :dribble: I will be there with a sign saying "go back to utah and get some more wives" as well as a big dry erase board in case I feel that something needs to be put on a sign pronto.</div> [​IMG] I'll look for that sign. 8th row right? Enjoy the game!

8. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

Right now we are seeing both teams playing to their strengths. 257-26 right now early in the second quarter.The past couple times down the floor, the Jazz have gone inside to Boozer, where there is no answer for him. They need to keep doing this, and not falling into the trap of taking jump shots early in the shot clock. That kind of play falls right into the hands of the Golden State Warriors and gives them many more chances to get out and run in transition. As well as they are crashing the boards and getting the second chance points.The Jazz are still taking three's at a high rate, and making them with a high percentage. They made 6 three's in the first half, are shooting, and trying their hardest to make this a game. They need to keep doing this to be effective. Should be a good game.edit: Early in the second here, and I liked the adjustment of Baron Davis onto Kirilenko. Kirilenko was able to back down Richardson with ease, and pretty much bully him. Davis is stronger, and not able to be pushed inside like that by Kirilenko.

9. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Richardson=thug I'm glad the Jazz are knocking this team out of the playoffs. I'm waiting for Davis to do something bushleagued as well.

10. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ May 13 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Richardson=thug I'm glad the Jazz are knocking this team out of the playoffs. I'm waiting for Davis to do something bushleagued as well.</div>The elbow to Fisher didn't look accidental. Goddamn, Derek is X factor in this series. They could very easily be down 3-1 if it weren't for him.

11. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

pesty going to games = bad luckThat was a really dirty play from Richardson and was highly unneeded. I think much lower of him now, I mean really, that coulda hurt Okur badly if he landed awkward

12. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Derek Fisher was absolutely phenomenal tonight. He hit so many clutch shots, it was crazy. Boozer was a beast and took over the first 3 quarters, Fisher handled the 4th. I'm very happy to see the Jazz win, and I'm surprised they took it in Golden State. I don't see how Golden State can win this now.

13. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

Damn it you gotta love the Warriors fans though they really do everything they can to help there team.Very load playing over there awsome. Can't wait to move down to LA, and make a trip to a Warriors game.

14. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ May 14 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Damn it you gotta love the Warriors fans though they really do everything they can to help there team.

Very load playing over there awsome. Can't wait to move down to LA, and make a trip to a Warriors game.</div>
    And become a Warriors "fan."

15. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ May 14 2007, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And become a Warriors "fan."</div>No just would like to go to a game down there they got great fans very loud fans.If anything I be cheering for the Lakers if I live down there, but Sixers will always be my #1 team. I just want to go to nba games so if I cheer a team on it probably be Lakers. They were my 2nd fav team for years after the Sixers until AI went to Denver I gotta support AI.So if I lived there and went to games and cheered for Lakers it don't mean they be my fav team Sixers will always be my fav no matter were I live.

16. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Golden State threw this game away. I believe they shot like 40 3-pointers and made about 35% of them. They also missed 13 FTs's which would of propelled them to victory if they had hit them. They just threw this game away.By the way, Derek Fisher -- hell of a player, huh?