Game 41 Devs vs. Rangers

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jan 7, 2023.

1. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    The 1994 power play had a less successful rate than the 2021 pp....the top pp goal scorer Adam graves..next...Mike gartner...Alexis had 7 pp goals for the year.

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Even Keenan was smart enough to realize he needed to develop young players as quick as possible to win the cup. Apparently we don’t do that anymore which is why we don’t win anything.

3. kreidertime

People don’t want to seem to accept the fact the Rangers don’t know what they’re doing developing forwards. Morgan Barron for example has 14 points in 43 games for the Winnipeg Jets. Essentially he’s probably played almost 3/4 of an NHL season in his career. Lafreniere has 18 points in 40 games this year. I didn’t hear anybody in this fan base stating that Morgan Barron could play in the NHL. Yet, miraculously he starting to play well on another team. I’m quite sure a lot of people here said Morgan Barron didn’t have it.

4. kreidertime

Here is where you guys are complete phonies. There wasn't one person on this board last playoffs who wasn't sucking off Lafreniere. Not one person here said he doesn't have it. He was one of the best players they had in the playoffs. Now all of a sudden he doesn't have it? Wake up. He's a player that thinks the coach is a dickhead who refuses to play young players on the pp and never holds vets accountable for mistakes or being lazy. He's not wrong. Kreider, Panarin, Trochek, Zibanejad and Fox are becoming selfish. They stay out every fucking pp for 1:40, no matter how tired they are. They are at the point now where they do what they want because they know the coach is a pussy. People are praising Kakko. That's nice. He has fucking 18 points and is a plus 4. Lafreniere has 18 points and is a plus 1. Kakko plays on a top line. He should look better. We all have seen the size and speed combo of Gauthier which is rare. I think he's faster than Kredier once he's going. He plays under 9 minutes a game. Gauthier to me is a guy I would be going all out to develop offensively because he's type of guy that can win you playoff games. Yet, he barely plays. This team would have lost to Pitt in the first round last year if Crosby didn't get hurt. This year if they make the playoffs, I would not expect them to win a round. Face it, they stepped in shit last year. I give full marks for beating the Canes but the reality is they shouldn't have gotten out of the first round.

5. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

To me the issue isn't so much should Kakko and Laf be better, yes I 10000% agree both should be better than they are thus far given the expectations, and their talent. We agree on that no doubt.

The issues start there though:

1. You think it is all coaching, and for some ridiculous reason not playing on PP1, as if that would make them studs overnight. It is on the players to step up and play better. Be complete players. Understand this is not the toilet last place awful Devs when Hughes was drafted, and therefore Kakko and Laf have to do this for a much better team. That is unfair in some ways, but reality. This is on the players AND the coaches. Not one way either way. Both sides could do things better.

2. Your non-stop negativity on EVERYTHING. I don't see how you can truly be a Rangers fan, unless you are a miserable person in general. It is just about all negative all the time. Look at your last post. Glass 99% empty is always the position you take. It's ridiculous. You aren't all wrong, but you go too far. It isn't always bad. And don't give me 1 cup since 1940. While true, that cannot be your answer for see we do suck at everything because we have 1 cup. That's lazy. We have won a lot of playoff series the past 11 years, enjoy some of it.

3. You blame the coach for everything. Doesn't matter who the coach is, within months you post you want them fired. It is never a kid, it is always the coaches. Again lazy.

4. I am 100% convinced you don't care about winning, all you care about are picks, kids, prospects. If it were up to you you'd have a team of all young kids and lose every game. You'd trade away all vets for picks. Start your prospect threads, and love it. And all the kids will be great, oh expect when the coach F's them.

5. You take over every thread with all of this. No matter where you look. This coach sucks, PP1, screwing this guy. On and on, and all with your signature vulgarity added in. It is quite a mix.

That's how I see it at least. And I will say I love your passion, I just wish you would chill a bit so this board could grow, and it isn't poster battle after poster battle.

6. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

I think everyone on the board has been patient with Laf being a #1O and all but he's been a slow developer, doesn't mean he's a bust, just takes longer than most. Your problem is you prematurely latch onto players like Jarko Immonen for example and defend them to the death regardless of their performance. I think Alexi has been playing better, if you were watching the Rangers games you would see in the last 10 games Kappo Kakko figured it out and is a player to be reckoned with every shift like Chytil. I don't know why you're complaining about GG, he has Laf on track for a career season.

Last year the team went in a new direction and had immediate success and now in your reality they should have lost first round? Some fan.

NYR Fan likes this.