Game Thread Game #42 - BLAZERS @ WIZARDS - JANUARY 15, 2022 - SATURDAY - 4:00 PM (PDT) ROOT SPORTS

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Jan 13, 2022.

?

Should the Blazers keep sitting CJ, Powell, and Nance when they get healthy?

1. Yes, tank speed ahead

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. No, never go full tank

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. No reason to

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. We will lose anyway

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    It's criminal how many Blazers fans underrate this guy. Ungrateful. Nurk stays engaged when he's actually a part of the offense. Ant gets him involved.

TBpup, HailBlazers and Scalma like this.
  2. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

yeah billups was saying they’re playing thru nurk more without dame and CJ and a lot of times they throw it down to him and the play isn’t even for him it’s just so he can facilitate. He makes so many good reads, he would’ve had a triple double last game had anyone knocked down some shots and it was a closer game.

HailBlazers and AmirIcon like this.
  3. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

as someone who really likes nurk, since dame & cj mccollum have been out, his scoring has been a flip coin, some games he looked good and then some games he looked bad (im speaking about scoring only), but i guess that was to be expected, he doesnt have offense on his own, as his low post game is neither good or bad, sometimes he will make a good move and finish nicely, sometimes he will throw the ball and it will look ugly, but it will go in and sometimes he will throw the ball and it will be a brick, he just isnt consistent and while he can hit the mid range shot, its not something hes really good at and btw, hes not shooting them anymore, instead he shoots threes, which are not falling as of now (i guess its still work in progress)

he depends a lot on the playmaker and a two man game, pnr is where he excels and they should run more of that with dame out, both ant & cj mccollum can do it

maybe nurk wants to re-sign with the blazers, we all know he found his second home there, he likes the franchise, the fans, the city of portland, the oregon, he likes playing for chauncey billups, but, he for sure wants to get a big contract and my assumption is that he will sign for the highest bidder, otherwise why would he hire rich paul as his agent, he couldve just stay with the former one, but he obviously didnt like the previous contract

that being said, it remains to see if the blazers want to re-sign him (maybe im wrong, but blazers can go over the cap to re-sign him, using his bird rights), but my guess is that if he doesnt get traded by the deadline, blazers will want to re-sign him, otherwise they should just trade him for whatever they can get, cause were not gonna do anything in the playoffs if we get there (were probably lose in the play-in if we get there), so we should have a better picture after february 10th

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  4. AmirIcon

Writer, Director, Actor
    Under Stotts, we were always better when the ball was going through Nurk. I screamed it at the top of my lungs for years, but Terry and many fans didn't listen. We're seeing more of it now with great results. There aren't too many centers better than Nurk.

HailBlazers and Scalma like this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

They could very well keep Nurk and end up trading Nance, Roco and Norm ..this is a tough season to read but I know Nurk is a valuable piece to a contender and Dame absolutely loves playing with him. They just need a dynamic PF next to him and it would be a huge upgrade...

6. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Lose :(

7. Mr. Robot

its always been like this, how many times has nurk spoken about "iso offense", he doesnt like it, he wants everyone to get touches, hes from europe and its different bball here, as good as you are, youre just one of the players on the team, team comes first and after all, its a team sport... when everyone gets the touches, everyones happy and everyone will give their best effort and atmosphere will be better and chemistry will be better

when you have dame & cj mccollum as two dominant scorers, others will look to get theirs too, powell wont pass the ball and neither will simons and thats a big problem... we need to get rid of two of them (hopefully cj mccollum & powell) and as i said in this game thread, simons & nurk are developing a chemistry and dame & nurk already have a great chemistry and thats good for the team, its looks like three of them would be a good fit together

fit & chemistry matter a lot, hopefully joe cronin builds a team like that, we should follow the steps of the phoenix susn & utah jazz or even chicago bulls (their new front office changed the situation very quickly)

8. OneSport3

OneSport3 The Knowledge Hoarder

It’s hard to keep him, or anyone, engaged when your backcourt just chucks up all the shots without passing.

Scalma likes this.
  9. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Has CJ ever had a run like the one Simons is having as the main man? I know he elevated his game but I don’t remember him getting 7+ assists every night. Might look it up actually.

illmatic99 and Wizard Mentor like this.
  10. AmirIcon

Writer, Director, Actor
    If no Ben Simmons, Pascal Siakam would be an incredible fit as I've always said. Not sure if Toronto plans on moving him though. Would probably need to be a three-way deal to get Toronto something young with CJ and change going out. CJ and change to Indiana, Sabas to Toronto, Siakam to Portland? Sounds sexy to me. Let them know.

riverman likes this.
  11. AmirIcon

Writer, Director, Actor
    Has actually impressive in years past when CJ would fill in as PG when Lillard was out.

12. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

send that resume to every GM

AmirIcon likes this.
  13. AmirIcon

Writer, Director, Actor
    If I acquire CJ, I make him the PG of my team. Not the SG.

TBpup likes this.
  14. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

he’s not a point guard but he should be the primary perimeter scoring option on a team.

15. Mr. Robot

this team without dame, cj mccollum & powell has won some games and while they wouldnt get in the playoffs, maybe not even in the play-in, they played like a team, gave their best effort and showed a lot of character

thats a clear sign to the front office, chauncey billups & dame and if they cant see it, then theres no salvation for this franchise

riverman likes this.
  16. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

17. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

If you look at the stats everyone is involved and I believe all 5 starters was in double figures tonight. It seems there playing good basketball except last game but when all players happy they give that extra effort on both ends. But you just have guards playing iso ball all game any only pass when they can't there shot off it gets pretty irritating to other players especially when guards don't work hard on the other end. But Monday we will see with CJ in the lineup how his iso ball effects others playing besides him.

18. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

ant is more like dame and less like cj

TBpup and HailBlazers like this.
  19. Mr. Robot

he is now when he has enough shots

with dame, cj mccollum & powell, he was just another selfish prick, playing like cj mccollum

time will tell if he will act like cj mccollum when dame gets back or will he be willing passer and secondary playmaker

20. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Damnit. We lost.