Game Thread GAME# 44: SUNS @ BLAZERS - JANUARY 16, 2018 - TUESDAY, 7:00 PM (PST), NBATV & NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Jan 14, 2018.

?

Which of Portland's RFAs do you think will be traded before the deadline, Feb 8th.?

Poll closed Jan 21, 2018.
  1. Pat Connaughton

4.9%
  2. Shabazz Napier

43.9%
  3. Jusuf Nurkic

2.4%
  4. Noah Vonleh

53.7%
  5. None of them

19.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Good post. Nurk is young and will get better if he wants to. He has the tools, but do we have someone to help him work on his game? It could work out for the best as I can't see any other team offering him close to the max this off season......like we were worrying about this past summer. Hopefully now he will re-sign at a reasonable rate.

Is the next contract in his head? Right now he needs to stop trying to do too much on offense. Setting screens, rebounding, protecting the rim. playing D, cleaning up missed shots.....is enough. (and holding on to a loose ball now and then) Just cut back on the forced shots and don't get cute with the passes.

As for Vonleh...the dude can rebound. I agree he and Zach both need minutes at the 4. So I guess Terry will need to get Aminu some minutes at the 3.

rotary111 likes this.
  2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

His hair is nice bro.

illmatic99 likes this.
  3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Is there vidya?

4. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Yup.

5. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I know a few women that can talk ball just as good if not better than you.

One works for the Blazers.

#FACTS

BonesJones likes this.
  6. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Once Collins gets some strength he will be an elite post scorer. His footwork, patience, and touch around the rim are uncanny, yet offset by a lack of strength.

Collins will be better than Nurk. He's a very smart player while Nurk definitely isn't.

I think the way to get that SF we need might be to trade Nurk and pieces. Collins is statistically are best rim protector, and would allow us to search for a complimentary PF or C.

7. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Son, you need to put that pipe down.

dviss1 likes this.
  8. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Nope. She's a baller (played in Australia professionally) and is currently coaching HS varsity (assistant).

She could play and talk you under the table.

#TRUTH

THE HCP likes this.
  9. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. BonesJones

Excuse me, do you have a disagreement based on actual substance? If so, go ahead.

11. BonesJones

That's what she said to you.

12. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

- Collins will be better than Nurk

Collins could end up being more versatile and better player than Nurk, have more to his game, cause he is modern NBA C/PF, unlike Nurk who is old type C... but the thing is "could end up being better" and "will be better than Nurk" are two very different things

Collins first needs to become as good as Nurk is right know, he has talent, but talent alone wont get you anywhere, hes played like 20 games in the NBA with bigger minutes, so thats a very brave statement on your part! Nurk is just 3 years older and nowhere near finished product and is a sure thing

- He's a very smart player while Nurk definitely isn't

whys Nurk not a smart player, Id like to know that... obviously I dont share your opinion

- I think the way to get that SF we need might be to trade Nurk and pieces. Collins is statistically are best rim protector, and would allow us to search for a complimentary PF or C

so you would trade 23 yo Nurk, who is nowhere near finished product, and go with UNPROVEN and obviously not ready enough Collins and complimentary PF/C... that would be idiotic move, we should extend Nurk and watch him play the next few years (same goes for Collins) and make decision based on that...

13. BonesJones

Why does he have time be better right now? Collins issues are much easier to fix. He'll improve faster than Nurk. He also has a higher ceiling.

Have you seen some of the shots Nurk rushes and shoots, and have you seen some of the no-chance passes he throws? Nurk isnt a smart player.

And if we could get the right SF, maybe. Zach is. Giving an unproven rookie Dame the reins his rookie year was a great move. Collins will be better than he is now, and he's playing better defense than Nurk is right now and it's a beret offensive player as well. Except we have to pay Nurk (who knows how much) this summer. Nurk would likely get us a better return in a trade, and isn't undervalued by opposing teams like Collins would be.

I'd watch to see who becomes better as well, unless you could get a very-good all-aroumd SF for Nurk and pieces right now.