Game 5 Pens vs. lame ass Rangers

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 11, 2022.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I don't know if Zibanejad's NMC's kick in right after the season ends. If they didn't, I would consider shopping him. He's playoff soft.

mrmel29 likes this.
  2. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I don't see what some saw last night. We were lifeless for nearly half the game, then Crosby got hurt and we had a quick burst of 3 goals (coincidence who knows), then we scored 1 more goal the whole game, and didn't play that great.

Igor again looked shaky, let in 2 goals he shouldn't have, and in the 3rd was solid, but it wasn't like he was great and making a bunch of big saves.

Unless Crosby is out in game 6, and even then I still think we lose, I think we have very little shot in game 6. And I'll write what I wrote before game 3, we play like we have been we'll get rolled in Pitts again.

Some of the talk on MSG post game was a different world. Like the Rangers played some awesome game and are now brimming with confidence and have found an answer. I don't see it at all, and I think they got very lucky.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I think Shesterkin will now be locked in more with this sort of 'reprieve' and hopefully the team has found a little spark mentally with that win. Crosby being out isn't insignificant obviously, and if they fall behind early maybe they get panicked a bit and the Rangers can open it up. I think the Rangers get it to a 7th game. Lindgren being back should continue to help stabilize things defensively and hopefully the Panarin-Z combo can wake up.

4. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Aren't we a positive bunch...game 1...rangers should have won...

Game 2 they did win...

Game 3 came back from 3 goals down...

Game 4 no question they got steamroller

Game 5...I don't want to hear shit about crosby getting hurt..too bad as we all know injuries are part of the game...they gave up a 2 goal lead before the injury so boo fn whoo

5. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    Not sure how you can say this...with Crosby Pittsburgh has given up a 3 goal lead and a 2 goal lead with Crosby in this series...

Would you be saying this if tornoto didn't overturn game 1?

6. NYR Fan

I don't think it is positive or negative at this point, I think it is being real and seeing what we are seeing. No one was more positive than I was coming into the series, no one. But as I have watched the games you see what is actually happening. Not sure why it would change now after 5 games.

Games 1 and 2 we could/should have won both, but we were also terrible in our own end. I said if we play like that in games 3 and 4 we get rolled in Pitt, and we did and got rolled. We played ONE good period in Pitt, ONE. That is reality not a made up positive or negative thing.

Last night we were dead as a doornail for 1./2 the game. Crosby got hurt and we exploded quickly thereafter for 3 of our 4 goals. Outside of that stretch we did almost nothing in the game, and our big name vets continue to be a no show. Again not positive or negative, reality as to what is happening.

Yes we can win game 6, we have it in us I believe, especially if Crosby is out, but we need to play MUCH better than we have since game 2, and MUCH MUCH MUCH better than we did outside of ONE period in games 3 and 4. Again not positive or negative, reality.

7. NYR Fan

When Crosby left it was 2-0 Pitt. I am not saying we wouldn't have come back if he didn't get hurt, none of us know for sure, but it is interesting that less than a minute after he left Fox scored our 1st goal. May have happened anyway, who knows.

And totally agree if he misses game 6, no whining or excuses. This is playoff hockey, every team has injuries.

8. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    And Lindgren goes to the locker room and Pittsburgh scores...shit happens..again..with crosby the Pens had given up a 3 goal lead and a 2 goal lead during the series..

It happens...

Yes I am a huge ranger Homer and I called rangers in 5 before the series..let's not give Pittsburgh a pass here either..last night they stopped playing after scoring and going up 2 nothing.

9. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I think when a team is down 3-1 and they somehow find a way to get that 5th game it sort of unlocks things psychologically and can put enough doubt in the team that's ahead where that 6th game often results in a blowout and a tied series. The Rangers should go in feeling loose and like nobody expects them to comeback. The key is getting ahead early and hopefully getting a 2g lead.

10. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'll say this. The Rangers have yet to play a complete game in the first five. They go down two goals in that building in game six and it's over.

NYR Fan likes this.
  11. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Game 6 is a toss up game imo whether crosby plays or not. A little worried that the useless league steps in and suspends trouba for the hit on crosby that knocked him from the game. At this point crosby is so susceptible to concussions that any contact at this point could do it. Worst scenario is pens playing turtle with the league about crosby’s condition waiting to see if league suspends him and then if they do crosby miraculously is better and plays while trouba sits. If that happens I hope reeves is let loose to beat the shit out of both crosby and Malkin. Just as concerned with the lack of adjustments by gallant in terms of playing time. The kids line has been our best line and still playing 12 to 14 minutes while force feeding the dogs far useless zman and panerin over 10 minutes. It’s hurting the rangers. Stop being so thick gallant and play the kids more as their play is warranting it!

12. NYR Fan

I think you are missing the point Al. I am not saying we came back because Crosby left, I am saying who knows and as you said injuries happen so no whining or excuses.

With regards to game 6, I don't think it is a toss up at all. The Pens are favored. Again, we played ONE good period combined in games 3 & 4. Doesn't mean we cannot win game 6, we can, but we need to play MUCH better than we did in games 3 & 4 out there to have a shot. And Igor needs to be MUCH better also. But make no mistake about it, the Pens are favored to win game 6. From there we go play and hopefully bring our A game and give ourselves a chance to win.

13. mrmel29

Igor just names one of the 3 finalists for the hart trophy along with Mcdavid and mattews

NYR Fan likes this.
  14. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

It’s a waste for Gallant to dress 7 D and not play the 7th D

15. NYR Fan

He is doing that to hedge against Lindgren being reinjured and then being down to 5. If my choices are play Hunt as the 12th forward OR dress a 7th dman just in case, which also means better forwards get extra ice time, easy choice for me.

16. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    Vegas has and had the Rangers favored in every game this series. Right now they are -135

17. mrmel29

League confirmed trouba will not be fined or suspended for the crosby hit

Greyvtrayn and NYR Fan like this.
  18. BigDaddyAl1973

Accountant
    Nor should he have been

Greyvtrayn likes this.
  19. NYR Fan

They were not favored in game 4. They were big underdogs in the series into last nights game. And if they are favored in game 6 right now, it is due to Crosby uncertainty. I looked yesterday, and the Pens were series big and game 6 favorites - Rangers were favored in game 5.

20. mrmel29

Rangers favored by a goal and a half for game 6.