Game Thread Game 5 Rangers Look to take charge...

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by BigDaddyAl1973, May 24, 2015.

1. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Go back and read the posts Chuck, I didn't compare them I just said they, like the rest of the offense,
    Aren't getting a pass. They need to contribute. Especially Miller playing on te top line. At this time of the year with four teams left everyone from rookies to veterans have to be on top of their game

2. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Fair...I wouldn't give them a pass. I am also not going to kill two playoff rookies. I would get on a lot of guys before I got to those two. But yes Miller could have 2 or 3 goals and Hayes 4 or 5 goals...I agree.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Hayes hasn't been too bad, he's learning as a rookie, and Miller has just been a little predictable with the puck. Others have been far more absent.

4. strudwickisthebest

I was actually agreeing with your point now that I reread it. And yes I would line up 8 guys over them who need to show up

5. strudwickisthebest

I kinda liked the Hags-Hayes-Miller line better

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I would've bet on Nash going back to being a useless asshole. It's what he does each and every time he has a game in the playoffs where he scores.

7. Messiah717

Lots of veterans on this team deserve blame before Hayes and Miller. I mean I'd love for somebody to explain to me what Staal is doing out there.

8. Ranger71

As a collective they need to use the old KISS method on Tue. With the emphasis on the last S.lol

9. strudwickisthebest

Stamkos has goals in what? 4 straight games... Geeze. We don't get similar production from Nash... As crazy as it sounds I thinks he's more of a secondary guy in the playoffs. Maybe getting a similar goal scorer will make him feel less
    Pressure come playoff time

10. Ranger71

Kreider and Nash have to get around the net for putbacks. They did last game and in Wash in gm 6.

11. Messiah717

It's like Nash says hey I scored two last game. The pressure is off so I can go back to playing my lazy outside game. He did have one really solid wide open chance but Bishop either got a piece of he simply sent it wide. The difference is that guys like Stamkos bury those chances and it take Nash 8 more playoff game to finally do it again.

12. strudwickisthebest

Feels like the game 5 loss to Ottawa. I remeber I was in Tienamen Square when I checked the boxscore... Figured o well... Got up 7am in China and was impressed how the team won G6... Hoping for the same Tuesday

13. Messiah717

Frankly, from what we have seen this season Tampa is the better team. Sometimes you do have to tip your cap. That being said win or lose in game six I want to see them leave it all out on the ice. It's one hockey game they need to be willing to sacrifice themselves in order to win. All bets are off in a game seven environment.

14. strudwickisthebest

I think most of us felt after game four of the Washington series that this team had nothing to lose to come back or disappoint. At this point very disappointed that there are in this position but it is only two games and like I said before only six players on Tampa's roster have scored goals against this team. Unfortunately they have done it in droves

15. strudwickisthebest

Sucks because I really think the two teams out west are beatable this year. I don't think Tampa has a shot at beating Chicago or Anaheim

16. Messiah717

Just hard to imagine they would've put up a game 2 and game 5 like they did at home in this series.

17. strudwickisthebest

You're right, Mess

18. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

I don't want to make any excuses for this team, but hurt Zuc is huge reason why we don't win this series and Stanley Cup. He brings a lot of energy and makes Brassard and third guy on that line best line for Rangers. Last year Zuc,Brassard and Puliot scored huge goals for us when needed. I feel like had we had Zuc, would have beaten Tampa. Take away any other player and that would have been fine but not Zuc or Brassard. Those two are very important and nucleous of this offense IMO. It's like taking away Tyler Johnson from Tampa.

I think we are done. But at least they tried and did not give up against Wash. The worst part is no more hockey after Tuesday.

19. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Pathetic offensive display tonight but they are still 14-3 in their last 17 elimination games. It's almost like they flip a switch on/off based on the status in the series they are in. Definitely very dangerous.

This team can be very frustrating but I'd be surprised if they don't play well on Tuesday. Might not be enough but if it is they will win G7 on Friday.

20. strudwickisthebest

the positive is last time they won a cup they were down 3-2 in the ECF