GAME 5 STAY ALIVE GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Messiah717, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I went right to the Yankees. Just happened to see who won the MVP on NHL.COM

2. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Funny Al. I flipped to non-sports. Don't need to watch hockey right now.

I will be jonsing for a game Monday night...

3. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    I got semi final little league game on monday....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

4. Messiah717

Fucking MSG will annoyingly replay this game 16 times over the weekend.

5. chuckd3534

Oh yeah, no MSG for me. See you in July.

6. sorr

sorr Member

Hate to sound like sour grapes because the Kings deserved to win, but that BS call that led to the tying goal is going to be swept under the rug because of the dramatic OT win.

Two huge calls changed this series. Fucking sucks.

But the Rangers did have their chances, despite the calls, and couldn't get it done. Fuck Nash.

7. Messiah717

That's the thing. The calls were bad but they had glorious chances in both the double OT games. In game two Hags with somewhat of a breakaway towards the end of regulation, Kreider off the post and stopped on a breakaway and Zucc missing the open net. In this one Mcdonagh hits the post and Kreider and Nash blow big chances.

8. Messiah717

It's not easy to get back to the finals but you have to hope that they can carry this bad taste into next season and it drives them.

9. chuckd3534

It will be 6 years since a team has made it to back to back SCF's when the Wings and Pens did it. That is the really down part of all this, chances we make it back next year are not great. Doesn't mean we can't/won't, but it is really difficult. In today's game to go on this run is draining, and the next year teams suffer for it I believe. Shame.

10. chuckd3534

As for the refs, I say stop please. We got our fair share of calls, the call for Nash in OT of game 2, we had 3:30 of PP time in OT game 2, we had 4 minutes of OT PP time in game 5, so we clearly had our chances, and our PP was a joke AGAIN. 2-22 in the series. THAT should be the focus, the awful PP.

Look at the PP's by game in the series. We had more PP's in EVERY game except game one.

1-5, 0-3, 0-6, 1-5, 0-3 - 2-22
    1-4, 0-2, 1-4, 1-4, 0-4 - 3-18

We got calls also just like they got some calls.

Game 1 - 2-0 lead LOST GAME.
    Game 2 - 2-0, 3-1, 4-2 leads LOST GAME.
    Game 3 - only terrible game for us off game 2 hangover IMO.
    Game 4 - 2-0 lead WON GAME.
    Game 5 - 2-1 lead LOST GAME.

We had the lead into and in the 3rd in games 2 and 5 and lost both.

So please enough with the refs. We had more PP's. We had leads in 3 of the 4 we lost. We had 3rd period leads in 2 of the 4 we lost. We lost ALL 3 OT games in the series. Almost 4 OT periods and we had ZERO goals, and that is with nearly 7:30 of PP time in those OT's, the Kings did NOT have that type of OT PP time my friends.

You want to blame something, blame ALL of that. And maybe give the Kings some credit as well...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  11. sorr

sorr Member

Relax Chuck. I said the Kings deserved to win and we blew our chances. I'm not blaming the refs. But I will absolutely stand by my statement that those two calls were both AWFUL and changed the games they happened in! Count all the power plays you want, we had two BAD calls (and you know they're bad when all the NBC announcers agree they're bad, there's no disputing how bad they were) that led DIRECTLY to Huuuuuuuuuuge Kings goals.

12. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    it is unfortunate that when you say what was the turning point of the game, two of them have the referee involved. that is all i am going to say.
    Refs are human, not saying they were on the take or that they have a grudge against the rangers. I dont give a shit how many calls were for one team or the other. there will always be bad calls and breaks...just absolutely sucks that when you look at game 2 and game 5 there was a huge call/non call that had great ramifacations to the game ...and the series.

13. chuckd3534

Also sucks that we had leads into the 3rd period in both games 2 & 5 and didn't win either. And that we couldn't score in any OT despite a combined 7:30 of PP time in the OT's of games 2 & 5. Shame is the word I use.

14. Messiah717

Even after the game one loss if they win game two who knows how this series turns out. Shame yes but I also use the word unbelievable in that they lost all three games in LA in overtime. Sometimes it's really just not in the cards.

15. chuckd3534

Yeah, you and I are in lockstep Mess. We both feel/felt game 2 was the turning point. If we win that game is the result of the series different? Can't say for sure, but I do fully believe we are looking at 6 for sure, and maybe even a 7 game series. And if we won game 2 I think it would have been a coin flip series after that.

That is really the only game that angers me in the series, because we really F'd up that night. We played toe to toe from start to finish. We had 2-0, 3-1, 4-2 leads (4-2 into the 3rd). Even after the call that everyone compains about, we still had a 4-3 lead in the 3rd. We still had MANY glorious chances in OT. We still had 3:30 of PP time in OT.

Quite frankly we had ZERO....ZERO excuse for losing that game despite a call that everyone hated. And no doubt in my mind that game led directly to the poor result in game 3, which is the only non 1 goal game in the series.

So yeah that game pisses me off. That is the game where we blew any shot of winning this series. And it never should have happened. We would be looking at 3-2 us or worst case going home down 3-2 right now if we didn't give that game up.

That's the one that will stick in my craw this summer.

16. Messiah717

That game two should bother every fan all summer.

17. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Chuck, the problem is not the pp chances and others in ot game 2. The problem is if play called correctly is we win in regulation and there is no ot, we still have a 2 goal lead, we might have actually scored on the ensuing pp we didn't get and 2 more minutes at worst off the clock.

18. sorr

sorr Member

Bingo.

19. chuckd3534

You know we still win mel? We didn't score a 3rd period goal in our last 8 playoff games. We still had a 4-3 lead after the non-call, which BTW wouldn't have been a penalty on the Kings, I think would have just been a dis-allowed goal.

I respect everyone's opinion on this, but to me blaming the refs, or even really getting on them is a copout. We had zero 3rd period or OT goals in the series. We had more PP's than them in every game except game 1. We had more PP's than them in the series. We had many OT PP's. We still had the lead in game 2 after the non-call heard round the world.

I just think it is easier to get on calls or non-calls than to admit the truth that we blew MANY great chances to win games. That's how I view it.

We had many chances and didn't take advantage of them. That simple to me. That's just my opinion though.

20. chuckd3534

And BTW mel, do me a favor and tell me the lotto numbers tomorrow night please. You said:

The problem is if play called correctly is we win in regulation and there is no ot

How the do you know that man? Gabby scored to tie it. So let's say that goal makes it 4-3, how do you know they still don't tie it? How do you know they don't pull Quick and tie it?

Again, respect the opinions on this, but it is a copout and much easier than saying we didn't get it done. That's my view.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014