GAME 5 STAY ALIVE GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Messiah717, Jun 13, 2014.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Chuck your still missing the point. Whether the rangers scored a goal in that 3rd period is irrevalent. Why did the rangers have to? they had a 2 goal lead and all the momentum and were playing well and with confidence. Maybe the kings start pinching their d all over the place resulting in odd man rushes we can cash in on. As for numbe of kings penalties who cares. They were most penalized team in the playoffs and I think coming into the finals they had twice as many penalties as their opponents. As for not being a penalty you'd be in the minority as even a ranger hater like milbury said it was a penalty. And they called a penalty on pouliot the period before for incidental contact with quick way out of the crease where he doesn't belong. That choking non-call turned the whole series. Who knows what happens if that call made correctly but up until that time I think the rangers were undefeated in the playoffs coming into the third period with a lead. No question kings are good team but they had some guardian angels helping them with striped shirts.

2. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

All good mel. We will agree to disagree. I won't blame one call for turning the whole series around. We still had the lead. We don't know if we would have won the game anyway if we got the call. We still had 3:30 of PP time in OT. We still had many chances to win it OT. And many chances to win last night, and many chances to win last night in OT.

I simply cannot blame one call for turning a whole series around.

I respect that we don't agree here. All good man.

3. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Chuck, we are good and will agree to disagree. We still had the lead as you point out but it should have been 2 instead of 1. Onus should not have been on the rangers due to the refs to have to come up with goals in an ot that shouldn't have been played due to the refs incompetence. As for yesterdays key call again with the lead in the 3rd as zucc going past the defenseman on a break up ice and the defenseman sticks out his leg and zucc somehow got a penalty for being tripped was just the icing on the referee cake for me. Kings get a lot of credit for taking advantage of all their good fortune but these refs deserved a swift kick in the balls for havingthe effecet they did.

4. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Kings did not need any additional help jump starting themselves.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk