Game 5: Warriors at Jazz

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, May 14, 2007.

1. oaktank88

oaktank88 JBB JustBBall Member

lol i think the nation is gonna turn sour on us pretty quick. we're gaining an unfair reputation as a team full of "thugs".

2. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Wow -- Doug Collins is a real class act with his acid bleached toupe -- with 53 seconds left, he's asked where the Warriors go (for a play), and Collins says "fishin" -- how cute

3. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Warriors sucked down the stretch. Al Harrington was horrible.

4. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

Wow if Al Harrington was horrible, Matt Barnes was straight up manure. Stupid fouls, blown layups, geez.

5. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

We live by 3 pts and die by 3 pts. And, we are very emotional team too boot. In Mavs series, both allowed us for a historical upset. In Utah series, both (especially emotion) came back and bite us. It could have been nicer, if we end our season against Spurs or Suns. But, there is no doubt that it has been one heck of year. Enjoyed magical run since Detroit game, and all 4 Dallas games are in my harddrive. It was worth 13 years of waiting...

6. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think the Warriors are going to be labeled "thugs." They had a couple of hard plays, that's it.

I loved the end where the Warriors congratulated the Jazz and Sloan. Very class act. The Warriors played hard, but probably just got tired.

Best player at the end of the game for the Jazz was Fish, I give him all the credit. Great performance.

7. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Warriors sucked down the stretch. Al Harrington was horrible.</div>Who wasn't horrible? Warriors shot 36% for the game and it seems like everyone on the team either couldn't find the bucket or turned the ball over before the got the chance. And no surprise that no one could rebound. Man, I want to feel good about the season but I just can't believe how many opportunities were blown by the Warriors in this series.

8. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Warriors sucked down the stretch. Al Harrington was horrible.</div>

Everyone played horrible. I can't tell if they were just tired and beat up or didn't care.

It was a good run. Part of me is glad that its finally the offseason. Now I can actually do a bunch of makeup work and focus for my finals without a Warriors game completely distracting me every other day.

9. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

JAckson? I hope i never see barnes again in a Warriors uniform..... this game was everything i havte about barnes..... stupid turnovers..... stupid nonchalant shots.... stupid spin moves..... stupid ballhandling..... bad defense..... out of position rebounding.... throwing up three after three.... and

i hate this guys punk attitude crap.... he acts like he can intimidate.... and i am sick of him complaining every foul....

jackson is a head case.... and i don't know why he suddenly quit being such a playmaker with all those assists..... but jackson has game

Barnes is flat out horrible.... yeah occasionally he does something that makes you go Wow good hustle.... but then he does 3 things that piss you off

BArnes has to go !!!!

and where was Ellis in the second half.... barely got on the floor...

Inexperience killed us.... hopefully we learn and move forward

10. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">openglfx Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow if Al Harrington was horrible, Matt Barnes was straight up manure. Stupid fouls, blown layups, geez.</div>

Yeah, but manure had a better game than Harrington. Al didn't do anything the entire Jazz series I think. It's disgusting.

Anyway, it was a great season for Golden State. They just ran up against a team that was better than them in the second round. Jazz just had their number.

11. AlleyOop

Well -- that was a great run by the Warriors -- they made HISTORY this year and it was awesome -- I think this will be a terrific experience for them to build on in the coming years. Just think -- Monta and Biedrins both got BIG TIME playoff experience, early in thier careers. This is going to benefit them long term, no doubt.

Sheesh -- now that it's over, I'm already excited about next year. If we can develop some front court presence to go along with our running attack, there's no telling. I really believe that if GS had just one tough rebounder to complement Beans, they would have iced this series going away. They gave up SO MANY second opportunities and stil managed to be in every game down to the wire.

I'm proud of the Warriors and excited to see how we build for next year.

12. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

Hats of to this Warrior team. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] They played thier hearts out and performed the biggest upset in the history of the NBA, but fell short in the 2nd round. But, this team has been for me the most fun to watch since last years Lakers- Suns series. This team has greatness ahead. With all the Warriors fans at our school and thier entusaium, I seemed to jump on the bandwagon. Right Now, im looking at next years playoffs.

A Laker- Warrior playoff series... [​IMG]

I will be one of the fans in Orocle chanting MVP to Kobe..[​IMG]

13. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Everyone played horrible. I can't tell if they were just tired and beat up or didn't care. </div>

? To me it was obvious they cared. This team played with a TON of heart and battled uphill at post season. On a separate note, I really think they battled up hill with the way these refs refused to give them ANY calls going to the bucket, but I'm not blaming the refs for their losses. Utah won the series fair and square, but I definately commend GS for not letting the poor officiating (IMO) get them down. They battled down to the final minute of game 5.

However, I think it was also obvious they got tired. No doubt! With that short rotation, and that fast style, and that tough round one series, of course they were going to begin running down, and we saw it. Remember, this team was running this frantic style for the last two months of the season, with a short rotation, and Baron/JRich/SJax all played heavy minutes in that stretch (especially BD).

Honestly, given all the talk by everyone about Baron's durability, I'm really impressed with the way he held up and gave Nellie whatever Nellie asked.

If the Warriors were one man deeper in their rotation, and if that man happened to be a rebounder, I really believe GS would have taken Utah's lunch money.

I mean, think of it -- if Nellie had a Milsap to bring off the bench, this series would have been ENTIRELY different.

I personally hope it will be Powell next year. Of course, it'll mean slowing down the pace at times. But if Powell can establish himself as a solid rebounder and clean up guy off the bench, it'll do wonders to take a load off whoever is still here in the rotation (Pietrus/Barnes/Harrington/etc)

14. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

This is a frustrating way to end the season.

The Warriors only showed up once with their A-game.

I don't know what's next.

I suppose it's the draft.

What happened? They looked like crap tonight.

This team is better than how they played this series.

They told the refs to call a foul on every play, and that's how it went, and it gave the pace and tempo to the Jazz. This wasn't Warriors basketball.

I am excited to see what will come for next season. The draft should be fun. Azubuike better stay around. And who knows, maybe there will be another deal or two.

15. scania612

scania612 JBB JustBBall Member

why is nelson plugging the jazz fans in the press conference.....

he says they are the loudest he's been around???????????????????????

16. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I really believe that if GS had just one tough rebounder to complement Beans, they would have iced this series going away.</div>

That would mean getting rid of Harrington. He doesn't fit this team at all. I rather sign both Barnes and MP to mid-level contracts than keep Harrington. If we could get someone like Chris Wilcox or Hakim Warrick, that would be great.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I mean, think of it -- if Nellie had a Milsap to bring off the bench, this series would have been ENTIRELY different.</div>

Milsap could've helped out a whole lot in the rebounding battle. He looks like he can run.

17. scania612

scania612 JBB JustBBall Member

why dont we just trade up in the draft for Kevin Durant.....he's the KG of the future....

the celtics could use more than a few draft picks to rebuild...

18. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

You gotta give credit to the Warriors. They showed what they could do against a Western Conference finalist. The only reason they lost was because their game is so dependent on speed. What they needed was to get more bench depth and production and get guys who can actually start at center and power forward and maybe even shooting guard.

Now I love Jrich, but his weaknesses are really beginning to be exposed out there. Then with Ellis... well... I'll give him another year or two since he's still going to have periods where he's up or down. Then with Harrington, never liked his game as a starter or at any size position off the bench. He's one dimensional to me and he plays small. Then with Barnes... he does some good things, then some bad things, he's got brain farts... he at least did more in the playoffs than Pietrus did. Pietrus? I want him gone.

The only Warriors keepers to me are the guys who can playmake and could be good pieces in the future for things like rebounding or getting to the line like Biedrins (rebounding) or Ellis (getting to the line). Sjax, Baron Davis are my stars. Of course, I want Jrich in the lineup, but dang... if we're going with that kind of player, I'd rather have Paul Pierce over Jrich. People wanted to stick with Jrich, but I believe Paul Pierce will forever be the better and most polished power guard who rebounds, assists, scores, and actually makes his free throws. I'm tired of these guys jacking up threes and then also missing free throws... It's like we got a team full of Antoine Walkers...

But man we can't end up with small ball as a long term solution. We have to get bigger so we don't have to rely on threes and transition points to make something happen. If we keep settling for threes and we can't score in the post in halfcourt offense, we can forget about ever getting this far again... It's just too tiring and we have to adjust to different tempos that different opponents throw at us. If we were more balanced we'd be able to handle Jerry Sloan and his Jazz team. But we can't complain too much because we actually made the last available spot at 8th seed and beat the #1 guy... Wow!

19. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">why is nelson plugging the jazz fans in the press conference.....

he says they are the loudest he's been around???????????????????????</div>
    It's true. They've always been a good home team. Their fans have a lot to do with it. They were 38-3 and 36-5 during the regular season when they went to the finals. Warriors crowd has been overhyped this season.

20. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What happened? They looked like crap tonight.</div>

Baron got free, but none of the other guys could really get it going. The Warriors were lucky when they picked all those technicals and the Jazz didn't capitalize. If the Warriors took some better shots, it could've been the difference. They shot a lot of early 3s instead of rhythm.

They just didn't have the spark tonight. Despite all that, they kept it close because Utah was sucking, too, but then they made their free throws at the end.