GAME 5

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by BigDaddyAl1973, May 27, 2014.

1. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

I don't think that was the issue, we scored 4 goals. Issue was our terrible D and even worse goaltending. One of those games. Game 6 against Philly. Same exact situation really.

2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Letting up a goal less than a minute after tying it was all she wrote.

3. SaveLundy

SaveLundy Active Member

ok guys, we lost tonight in a spirited game in which our starting goalie was off. It happens, we all knew MTL was going to come out on fire and they did, what i really like was how we battled back to 4-4 that was impressive. Onto game 6 and a more disciplined game and Hank back to Hank. No worries keep a positive mind state. As far as John Moore, i liked the hits he had, honestly i think the major was enough the game misconduct wasnt warranted. Game 6 in the Garden stay positive we got this, LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

4. NYNole28

NYNole28 Member

After we tied it up, how many shots did we get on goal? Couldn't have been that many. Maybe 8-10 at most.

5. chuckd3534

Plug Diaz in for Moore and away we go. Moore gets 2 IMO.

6. chuckd3534

Agreed 28, but we scored 4 goals man. That should be enough to win. D and goalie were the issues tonight way more than O.

7. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

The team did not come to play a smart hockey game. Everybody gets the blame here. It always comes down to this team being mentally prepared. These rangers always need some kind of controversy to play mentally focused game. Hopefully they will be mentally prepared on Thursday.

8. sorr

sorr Member

Let's compare the Moore and Prust hits logically, shall we?

Can we all agree the hits were virtually identical? Slightly late hit that the player didn't see coming, hard shoulder to the high chest area, maybe with some upwards momentum causing some contact to the head.

Prust gets no penalty. Moore gets a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. Logic would dictate that since Prust wasn't punished on the ice, his off ice suspension should be slightly harsher to make up for it.

Stepan suffers a broken jaw. The NHL has repeatedly said that injury IS considered when determining the length of the suspension. Weise didn't miss much time, if any. Though I suppose an injury could show up tomorrow on a more detailed X-Ray or MRI. But for argument's sake, let's say Weise is fine.

It's hard (almost impossible) to argue that this was a retaliation hit considering it came several games later and it was a player who the Rangers really had no reason to specifically target. So there's no way that should factor in at all.

All logic points to a suspension of 0-1 games. Two games would be a little much considering the difference in injuries. If Moore gets anything Moore than 2 games someone should seriously start an investigation because it would an outright crime.

The NHL has been horribly inconsistent in how they hand out suspensions over the past few years. This incident has an absolute precedent for how the ruling should go. If this suspension is any more than 2 games, the NHL will demonstrate it's even more of a joke than people already believe.

9. chuckd3534

I'll stick with 2.

10. NYNole28

NYNole28 Member

At 4-4 it's like 0-0. Game is tied. Doesn't matter if it's 4-4, 1-1 or 8-8. We tied it up by throwing the puck on net from everywhere. Then all of a sudden we stopped after Montreal scored to take the lead and started looking for the perfect pass again for the "pretty"'goal instead of just getting any goal.

Anyway. Win game 6! That's all that matters now.

11. Stepupstepan

I dont understand why Moore would get 2. That was not even a major penalty, the hit was .5 late. Prust hit was .95

12. chuckd3534

Agree to disagree 28. We scored 4 goals. Our D and goalie were no shows. That was the bigger issue to me. All good.

I do agree we need to shoot more, but I can't blame the L on that when we had no D or goalie play tonight and let in 6.

13. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Moore is getting two games the same as Prust. It's frankly annoying to keep talking about what we know is going to happen.

14. NYNole28

NYNole28 Member

I think you're misunderstanding me chuck. I've already said the defense was horrible and goaltending was as well. However, we figured out how to score on the kid, got him a little shaky in goal and instead of taking advantage of that we got pretty. Our defense was atrocious tonight and Hank didn't bail us out tonight. It's one bad game defensively. I can live with that. Just wish we could've kept peppering the kid with shots to shake him up more and we totally could have stolen this game from them

15. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Diaz to the rescue! :)

16. Stepupstepan

Moore should've at least hit Pacciorety, Callagher or Bourqe instead of this scrub Weisse. Waste of a hit if it is a two game suspension.

17. sorr

sorr Member

Also, just noticed this in the box score, which I bet nobody will talk about and won't be reviewed by the league:

20:00 Rene Bourque: 10 Minute Misconduct
    20:00 Rene Bourque: 5 Minute Major for Crosschecking Derek Dorsett

18. chuckd3534

I hear you 28.

With that said give me 4 goals every game and we go 16-2...:).

19. Stepupstepan

or better this diving trash Subban.

20. NYNole28

NYNole28 Member

:smiley-pleased::smiley-pleased:
    If you would've told me we were gonna score 4 I'd say great! I'll take four in game 6 for a win though!!!! ;)