GAME 5

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by BigDaddyAl1973, May 27, 2014.

1. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

I predict Hank with the shootout next game. There I said it.

2. NYNole28

NYNole28 Member

Btw chuck, I'd say I'm a lot calmer of a poster when I post from home than at work, huh? I can yell at the tv at home....can't yell at the computer at work lol

3. Stepupstepan

After the loss, Hank does not get his own press conference and nice suit to wear...lol

4. SaveLundy

SaveLundy Active Member

shouldnt he be suspended for starting something at the end of the game? I may be wrong but i think there is a rule for this sort of thing.

5. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Time for AV to re-post SC's 5 point plan tomorrow.

6. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Funny.

I simply say the same thing now that I said after game 3. Lose the next game and I will be concerned and get angry. Right now all I see is a poor effort by us, a pretty strong effort by Montreal in a must win home game, Montreal finally winning a home game in the series, and us going home with a chance to lock this up in 6.

I see positive stuff with us going home for a chance to clinch. We all would have taken that into the series, up 3-2 for game 6. Lose game 6 and then I will be right there with some of you guys, just like I said after game 3, but I don't see that happening.

BTW...Kings lose tomorrow night will their fans flip out also or say we got this in 6...

7. NYNole28

NYNole28 Member

I think its if you get called for instigating a fight within last minute, not a game misconduct and major after the game is over though

8. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

If there is that would be something for sather to press along with the constant sub ban embellishments that have not been called.

9. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Subban obviously doesn't care but to me it's a shame when a talented player decides to play the game in that fashion.

10. Stepupstepan

Chuck,
    The kings will close chicago out because they are mentally strong team.They don't need any controversy to get up for the game.

11. Messiah717

Simply put. They played a crap game and deserved to lose. I expect a much better effort in game six.

12. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Henrik will be pissed for thursday play great and we will be on to the SC finals around 11pm thursday night.

13. sorr

sorr Member

I hope you're right.

14. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Montreal blew their wad tonight Rangers will go hard on Tokarski Thurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

What a disappointment, one would think the refs would be looking for embellishment and yet there went the Habs yanking their chain and being rewarded. The Pouliot penalty was shoulder to shoulder but PK drops like he's shot and there's an official doing the can-can across the ice like a fool, there was no skate to skate contact whatsoever. I think this embellishment crap should be reviewable and the offending player should be put in the box with a double minor at the next stoppage, as Milbury said it's cheating at it's worst. This bullshit is going to kill a sport already on life support among national viewership.
    Hank is the highest paid goalie in hockey and his opponent is a third stringer fresh up from the AHL playoffs. Glen bowed to his wishes and paid him a king's ransom and now he's had 3 straight games with a softie. OK during regular season but unacceptable in the ECF, that being said he's the guy the Rangers need to be on top of his game if they want to get to the Stanley Cup so hopefully it's out of his system. It's remarkable the Rangers have gone this far with the absolute garbage play by their defense aside from McD. You expect mediocrity from Stralman, Klein & Moore (his suspension is a positive, best thing he's done all playoffs) but Staal's crouch & poke technique is killing them. MSL had more turnovers than the Rangers had shots on goal but the comeback was nice, made the crowd a little nervous. If the Rangers were going to lay a collective egg this was it, aside from Stepan's return and play there was little else to take from this game.

16. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Tokarski sucked tonight but Lundqvist and Talbot sucked harder

Zucarello and Pouliot have sucked this series

17. chuckd3534

Here is what I didn't like, we did really stupid things. The Moore hit was dumb. Dorsett with a head-butt late was dumb, wonder if that gets reviewed also. Our D made a lot of dumb plays. We preach discipline and Kreider takes a dumb penalty 22 seconds in. Just a lot of stupid stuff. Add in Hank playing a poor game, and you get a really bad loss.

What I also don't like is if you throw out game 1, you can say the Habs have been the better team. Game 2 they were better, Hank was great. Game 3, outside of the 1st period I thought it was a pretty even game, but due to the 1st period you have to give us the edge. Game 4 was a pretty even game, but considering they had 8 PP's to our 3, I think you can say we were the better team overall. And game 5 they were the better team last-night. So overall I might give them a slight edge in games 2-5. And now they have some MO and get Prust back for game 6.

With that said, back at home I do expect us to win, we were the better team overall in games 3 & 4, but it isn't going to be handed to us. We better be ready for that and come out fired up to go, and the crowd better be on fire as well. If there is any oh we are home we got this attitude it will not go well. We need to earn this win tomorrow night, home or not.

As usual the start will be key. Don't come out flat and the Habs come out on fire, next thing you know we are behind. Cannot happen. We need to understand this is a great opportunity for us and treat it as such. And that means understanding that we need to play a big game as I am confident Montreal will not simply rollover and die. We need to bring it full force, and if we do I think we'll be okay.

That is why I am confident, but will not guarantee it. There is a small part of me that could see us being a little off our game early, so we'll see if we can avoid that. I also think Prust being back will help them emotionally, so we'll see how that factors in.

Bottom line is this is our game 7. That simple to me, we must win it. We are home and should have a crazy crowd behind us. Now we need to get it done on the ice and come out ready to move onto the SCF.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  18. Messiah717

If they can't come out at home with a chance to go to the finals and play a solid game six at home. Then they don't deserve to win. I would agree that aside from game 1 they haven't played a complete team game and are lucky to be up 3-2. Usually when you take 9 penalties in a game you don't win so they were very fortunate the Montreal PP didn't kill them in game 4. Frankly game six is also huge for the legacy of Lundqvist. You simply cannot be allowing goals like this at this point in the season. He needs to buckle down and if he gets beat on a good play so be it. No more soft goals.

19. chuckd3534

Exactly Mess. That's the bottom line. Hank needs to win this game. No excuses.

2-2 since game 1, and they have won 2 of 3. They have things going for them. You can say they have out-played us overall the past 4 games. We may have been lucky to go 2-2. They have some MO now after last night, winning 2 of 3, and having Prust back for an emotional lift. So we are battling some things into this game.

But no excuses. Hank at home needs to win this game. Our guys at home need to win this game. We need to play our best game since game 1. No BS. No stupid penalties. Just play a full game and Hank needs to be 100% on his game. I agree Mess.

And I fully expect we will. I am confident, but not to the point where I think hands down we win. I think we will need to play well and earn this, and I expect we will.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  20. Messiah717

Granted it ended up being 4-4 at one point but what they did last night was a killer. A loud building away and you take a penalty 22 seconds in and give up a PP goal. You're already climbing a mountain before the two minute mark of the game.