GAME 5

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by BigDaddyAl1973, May 27, 2014.

1. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

I think the killer was the 2nd goal Hank allowed. After we tied it on the soft goal you could hear a pin drop in that building. They were close to hitting panic, and now they had a goalie they weren't sure about. But that 2nd goal righted the ship for them and helped get them going again.

And YES we tied it at 4-4, but that was a little smoke and mirrors I think. And they came back almost right away and took the lead for good.

If that 2nd goal doesn't go in I think we have an excellent shot to win that game.

Is what it is I guess. We win tomorrow night.

2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The same thing happened at 4-4. The building was deflated. Less than a minute later though you have Talbot give up a bad goal.

3. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The big blow was that 5th goal. After rallying to come back from being down 4-1, that 5th goal is a back breaker. Easily the biggest play of the game.

4. Messiah717

As far as Subban is concerned I don't know what's more embarrassing. Subban's diving all over the ice or the fact that the officials continuously allow him to get away with it. If you're truly looking to get that out of the game you cannot ignore the league's biggest flopper.

5. chuckd3534

2 and 5 were huge. Game the Habs the MO back.

6. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    the 5th goal was more of a backbreaker than the 2nd, two reasons...1 coming back from 4-1 you know everyone in that building was shitting a brick and 2 how much time was left in the game. The second goal was one that Hank has to make, no excuses, at the same time how many games has this guy carried the team, would be nice for once that the team carries him when he is not at an ALL WORLD level. It is not always the goalie though. Talbot gave up a shitty goal as well and not a peep. Bottom line the entire team sucked ass for the first half of the game, got a lucky break on Nash's goal but otherwise it was a total team (maybe outside of Stepan) stinker.

I expect the team to come back and play their best game of the season. I expect Hank to give up 1 or less goals.
    I however do think we can win a game 7 in Montreal.

I am going to pull a Chuck,

I guarantee the Rangers are going to close out this series tomorrow night, I will guarantee that Hank will not give up a soft goal.

The Rangers will win 3 to 1 tomorrow night.

7. Messiah717

It's a repeated theme in all of sports but it's true. If you told us this series would be 3-2 Rangers headed into game six we would've been thrilled. You can't be like well it depends on how the games went to get that 3-2 series lead. The lead is the lead. What they do with it tomorrow night is what's important.

8. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    I am with Al. This team is resilient. They have strong leaders on this team and we have Hank and we have the game at the Garden. It's usually not pretty or convincing but they find a way to win tomorrow and advance. I also think they have figured out Tokarski to some degree

9. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    When they realize the only way to score goals is to shoot the puck, that is when they will figure out this goalie. He looked very shaky last night and that was a horrible game by the Rangers.

10. chuckd3534

I agree also except for the fact that game 7 would be VERY difficult to win up there. Of course we can win it, but I would not be betting on us if we go 7, which I do NOT think we will.

We need to treat tomorrow night like game 7...that's how I view it.

11. NYR1962

NYR1962 Member

It is over tomorrow. To a man, each one knows they played like shit and got away from their game. Every player will focused like a laser on the small details and playing within their system. I have total confidence they just shut Mtl down. Unless there's some type of lucky goal off a skate or something like that, I see a shut out for Hank. Go Rangers!

12. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Al, I like the way your thinking. :clap::clap::clap: