Game 5

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by Old Hoss, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Old Hoss

Old Hoss JBB JustBBall Member

I'm thinking Indiana is going to win this one (Tuesday @ 930pm) and Boston will win game 6 back in Boston. Then again with that great coach the Pacers have, it could be all over tonight.

Sign at the Fleet directed toward Indiana "Need A New Coach? Call 1-800-Van Gndy".

Isiah's press conference When asked what it would take to win this series (in terms of strategy), Isiah's response was, "We have to win the next game and then game 6 and then game 7." This guy is a genius!!! oops

2. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

I really want the celtics to close it out tonight. the longer the series goes the more scared Ill be. it not over yet

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

the pacers looked defeated the last game and apparently artest and jo are not getting along. artest doesn't understand why the offense has to run through jo instead of himself. isiah has not made any adjustments the entire series and the pacers have not elevated their level of play. they are playing at regular season pace, while the celtics are in playoff mode. paul pierce and company know how to close out a series and i don't see any reason for them to lose tonight.

4. olskoolfunktitude

yes but the pacers are still the much more talented team. if they execute the way theyre supposed to theyre too good for the celtics to beat even once out of three times. however that has been a major problem for them so far

5. Old Hoss

Not good when you go scoreless in Overtime. For four periods it was a wash (88-88) and Indiana stays alive by scoring a whopping 5 points in OT. I still think it'll be over on Thursday.

6. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

Hopeflully it gets closed out Thursday. I get more nervous the longer series go too.

7. olskoolfunktitude

UH OH!!! this is definetly ad news for the celtics. once tim hardaway came in the whole team started playing like theyre not going to lose another game untill they face a western conferance team. i think its anyones series now and the celticsc have to take up their game another nothc if they want to close them out. indy rediscovered something last night: their confedence

8. Old Hoss

Isiah will get involved.....then the Pacers are doomed.

9. olskoolfunktitude

i dunno man. after the way the veterans performed last game hed have to be an imbecile not to wake up and play them

10. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

Please don't get so scared. Remember we lost in Overtime, it wasn't like they killed us. They layed 5 minutes of bad basketball don't overrreact.

11. olskoolfunktitude

we gave the game to them yes but weve seen the celtics just fall into thesse downward spirals before. they need to play the game of their life to put them away tonight because if it goes back to indy, the celtics will LOSE unless isiah gives it to us and the bad baby boys choke like the chldren they are