Game 6: Dallas Mavericks @ Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by the_pestilence, May 3, 2007.

1. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]<div align="center"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Black">Game Six - Thursday May 3rd</span></div></span><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Starters:Dallas Mavericks:</span>[​IMG]<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">PG - Jason Terry - Playoff Stats - 17.8 ppgBasically keep agitating Baron and getting him into foul trouble, along with continuing to score.[​IMG]SG - Devin Harris - Playoff Stats - 13.2-4Importance - Same as before: "Devin Harris needs to keep out of foul trouble and make the Warriors pay for doubling Dirk. He's the cryptonite to the Warriors' schemes as he picks apart their doubling strategy with speed comparable to Monta Ellis, but he can't do it if he's going to only be staying in 26 minutes per game due to foul trouble. When Harris is on the court the Mavericks are +15 points per 100 possessions, and when he's off....they're off. He needs to stay on the court to be that third weapon, because the Mavericks can't keep up offensively when the shooting guard and center positions are both non-factors."[​IMG]SF - Josh Howard - Playoff Stats - 21-11-2.4Importance - Josh Howard has yet to absolutely take over a game. He needs to do that if Dirk isn't (Dirk's Game 5 was good, but he didn't really take over).[​IMG]PF - Dirk Nowitzki - Playoff Stats - 22-12 on 42% shooting.Importance - Well, not surprisingly he finally had an MVP three minutes. If he can carry that on to the next game it'll look real good for him.[​IMG]C - Erick Dampier - Playoff Stats - 9.7 minutes per game.Importance - Yes I know the starting lineups are off but I don't have enough time right now to change them. Dampier just needs to get a block or two and a rebound or two whlie he's in</span><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Coming off The Bench:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]</span>Jerry Stackhouse - SG - Probably will start in game 6 and had a great game five. Needs to be that other option.Devean George - SG - He needs to start being a three point spot up option like he used to be for the lakers, otherwise when he's in the game they're playing 2 on 3.Desagana Diop - C - Diop will probably start game six, and needs to keep doing what he's doing and running.Greg Buckner - Just needs to be a competent option and guard Baron when need be, much like Devean George.Austin Croshere - They got 9 bonus points from him in game 5. If they can get that again from him they'll be happy.Rounding out the Keys for Dallas:I was very correct when I said offense continues to be the key for Dallas. For some reason this series the Warriors are playing like the Mavericks and vice versa. The Mavericks need to push the pace and score on a Warriors team that hasn't been at the top of its game all series and therefore can't keep up with the fast pace.X Factor - Dirk. If for no other reason than that the "mvp" should be the X Factor for his team and they can't afford him to play badly on Thursday. He needs to put up true MVP numbers, and prove that he can score consistently on this type of double team. If Dirk scores under 25 points again the Mavericks are gonna have a tough time winning.<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Starters:Golden State Warriors:</span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">[​IMG]PG - Baron Davis - 26-6-6-2Importance - Don't do ANYTHING at all that could even be close to construed as a minor transgression, they're watching you like a hawk.[​IMG]SG - Monta Ellis - 9 ppgImportance - Stop playing like crap. I have a feeling Nelson will start Barnes in the next game to motivate Ellis. The Mavs have yet to see the true skills of Monta Ellis. If you play at the peak of your game they're in trouble.[​IMG]SF - Jason Richardson - 20-7Importance - Same as before: "I knew the points would come, what I'm impressed with is the rebounding. If he and S-Jax can keep rebounding like real forwards this series is over."[​IMG]PF - Stephen Jackson - 21-4-4Importance - Continuing to play like a champion, just needs to not do ANYTHING AT ALL. Most of his techs are things any other player in the league but Sheed and Artest would get a warning for.[​IMG]C - Andris Biedrins - 6-4Importance - same as before: "I'm not a big fan of his, but he did his job right in game three, getting 10 points and 10 boards on 80% shooting. If he can reciprocate this I'll be happy, as long as he doesn't play more than 25 minutes."<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">Coming off The Bench:</span>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Matt Barnes - SF - He's one of the few Warriors who's actually playing. Keep on doing it.Michael Pietrus - SF - Continue your strong play of the last couple games. Keep fouling Dirk.Al Harrington - C - Finally a decent game from this guy. Now he needs to take that confidence and do it over a longer amount of minutes.X Factor:Monta Ellis - A guy who is easily capable of putting up 25-7 on any given night has yet to show up this series. If he does the Warriors can match the Mavericks' offensive intensity.</span><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Key Matchup:Monta Ellis vs. Devin Harris</span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Whichever one of these guys gets the upper hand will have a team that has more weapons. Monta is a better player than Harris but hasn't shown it..</span></span><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Prediction:Warriors over Mavericks: 103-100</span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">This is going to be a nailbiter, but this time we'll have Baron, Jackson, and the crowd in our favor in the clutch and there's nothing Dirk Noshowski will be able to do about it.</span>

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Some observations from reading your preview. Nice job by the way. But I disagree with the Monta Ellis being better than Devin Harris.And on Buckner, he needs to sit on the bench for the rest of this series. Croshere fits better in the scheme of things for Mavs. Buck has been non existant when put in the game and Avery for some reason stuck with him. Croshere had been consistent the last couple of weeks going into the playoffs. And barely played even though our bench had problems.Couple of things to take away from Game 5 for Mavs would be to not chase Harrington when in zone. He's been cold and for some dumb reason, Mavs go out to him. Also, don't trap Baron Davis anymore. This only plays into the Warriors style, with open 3 pt shooters or a long rebound with players scrambling because of the trap. Helter Skelter is what Warriors want.

3. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Some observations from reading your preview. Nice job by the way. But I disagree with the Monta Ellis being better than Devin Harris.</div>Well Monta Ellis has had more traffic at his position and has still managed to play more minutes, score more points, grab more steals, etc.

4. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Well Monta Ellis has had more traffic at his position and has still managed to play more minutes, score more points, grab more steals, etc.</div>I knew you would go with stats. Stats are not something you can judge Harris' talent on the Mavericks. Mavericks make him a complimentary player and don't let him go in terms of an open court system. He's used in situations for his quickness and drives. Also, learning the ropes on defending and passing. He's not in a situation where he's allowed to be himself and go out there. Because we don't need that from him, especially on this squad where he's 4th or 5th on the totem pole in terms of value.You put Devin on squad where he can showcase and not be held back. He'll be an All-Star.

5. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ May 3 2007, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I knew you would go with stats. Stats are not something you can judge Harris' talent on the Mavericks. Mavericks make him a complimentary player and don't let him go in terms of an open court system. He's used in situations for his quickness and drives. Also, learning the ropes on defending and passing. He's not in a situation where he's allowed to be himself and go out there. Because we don't need that from him, especially on this squad where he's 4th or 5th on the totem pole in terms of value.You put Devin on squad where he can showcase and not be held back. He'll be an All-Star.</div>Monta's the fifth option on our team as well, the difference is that 3 of the top four options play his position.

6. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Monta's the fifth option on our team as well, the difference is that 3 of the top four options play his position</div>On a team that plays its players out of position.

7. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ May 3 2007, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>On a team that plays its players out of position.</div>The point is that there are 5 starter quality players who could play Monta's position, and 1 who can play Harris' position, so he has a lot more traffic in his way. Monta has to overcome more and still produces more. That's what I call better. Plain and simple. You just haven't seen him at his best yet this series as he's been choking.

8. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The point is that there are 5 starter quality players who could play Monta's position, and 1 who can play Harris' position, so he has a lot more traffic in his way. Monta has to overcome more and still produces more. That's what I call better. Plain and simple. You just haven't seen him at his best yet this series as he's been choking.</div>Point is your putting shooting guards and point guards into Ellis' position and only one for Harris who could as well be in the same position. Also, you guys go small and put your players out of position, allowing players to get minutes. It's not like everyone who plays Monta's position only play that spot or two.And I pointed out the reason why Harris doesn't have inflated stats on this team, he's not needed to put up numbers. And plus, I have seen what Harris has done in the playoffs and has been the key in winning one ala Spurs. Until I see Monta who has not shown anything to be a key like that, he's not the better player, plain and simple.

9. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Should be a great game... this is a must-win for both teams - if the Warriors lose, I don't see them winning the series, and of course we all know what happens to the Mavericks if they lose tonight.With that being said - Go Warriors!

10. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

God I hope the mavs win tonight. I can't stand that Warriors team. A team full of thugs and outlaws. If the mavs don't get it done, I will root for whoever plays the Warriors.

11. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ May 3 2007, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>God I hope the mavs win tonight. I can't stand that Warriors team. A team full of thugs and outlaws. If the mavs don't get it done, I will root for whoever plays the Warriors.</div>talk about pot calling the kettle black. Nobody on the warriors has done anything remotely thuggish this entire series, especially when compared to their opponents. Jackson is the only guy on the Warriors who could be considered a thug.

12. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>God I hope the mavs win tonight. I can't stand that Warriors team. A team full of thugs and outlaws. If the mavs don't get it done, I will root for whoever plays the Warriors</div>For a second there, I thought you were going to end with I'm becoming a Warriors fan.

13. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ May 4 2007, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>talk about pot calling the kettle black. Nobody on the warriors has done anything remotely thuggish this entire series, especially when compared to their opponents. Jackson is the only guy on the Warriors who could be considered a thug.</div>I would say Richardson and Davis have a little bit of thug in them as well.

14. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Richardson? How? Because some drunk fan shoved him out onto the court and J-Rich got pissed off? What would you do, honestly? Just go off. Davis, he just tries hard and plays with heart and emotion.

15. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

I'm excitied for this game, I hope its another good one.

16. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

God dammit, another 48 minutes of listening to Marv Albert say "Biedrinch." Oh well, I'll live. Let's go Warriors!

17. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Damn, stop making those threes Jerry. :doh:Golden State had a huge lead, but Dallas is firing threes and lucky enough their getting wide open and hitting em. Good game so far.

18. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

warriors fans better pray Baron Davis didn't seriously hurt himself. He is the energetic leader of this team. Reguardless, exciting basketball so far, can't wait to watch the remainder of this one!

19. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Dallas would be getting blown away right now if it wasn't for Jerry Stackhouse. He is 4-4 from 3pt land. Golden State up 3 after one, and without Baron Davis they manged to keep that lead.

20. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"I've played injured before, I ain't trippin"</div>~Baron Davis talking to the trainer according to Pam Oliver (tnt reporter).Haha I love that attitude. Good for Baron. Quote of the year so far in my opinion.