Game 6: Dallas Mavericks @ Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by the_pestilence, May 3, 2007.

1. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ May 3 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>:HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA:GO WARRIORS!I'm praying for a Golden State vs. Phoenix WCF!</div>I am too. I want to see the numbers Amare can put up over Biedrins/Harrington. The team is very active though so even with their lack of height they could still outrebound us. :doh: Just look at what they are doing to the Mavs.

2. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Congrats Warriors fans, great series and what a freaking upset. Houston vs. Golden State? Whoa, I can see it happing.

3. YarnIdge

YarnIdge BBW Elite Member

Oooooweee Houston or Utah vs GSW, that'd be great!The Mavs and especially Noshowski have been the biggest disappointment in recent Ball history. Now I get 25 bucks on a bet that the Mavs wouldn't make the WCF!

4. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!I was the one who actually said that GS had a chance in this series, I bet everybody who called me an idiot is feeling pretty stupid right about now. I said this could happened before the Warriors even made the playoffs. Anyways, I didn't get a chance to watch this game, which SUCKS. I am at my friends house for the night, and he doesn't have cable!The crazy thing is, this series wasn't even close. Now this creates an interesting discussion, can Golden State defeat Utah or Houston and advance to the Western Conference Finals?</span>

5. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

Bye bye Dallas, I'm loving it. Great performance by Dirk, way to step it up in the playoffs. Baron Davis was just incredible while on one leg. Hopefully he is ok for the next series. Way to go warriors.

6. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Once again, the Mavs are golfing. I think I speak for everyone when I say, Dirk NOSHOWZKI!

7. Bohemian

Bohemian BBW Member

eh did anyone see the expressions on the two mavs fans in the crowd, with dirk jerseys on, man it was priceless, ive never seen anyone so shocked and confused in my life

8. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

This series was such a fluke because:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Apr 29 2007, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Psh, run and gun got nothing on Dallas. The Mavs are too well balanced. [​IMG]</div>:P

9. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Well that sucked to put it nonchantly.Dirk seems to be getting most of the blame. But really no one played well in this game and if I had to pick a scapegoat for the series. It's Avery Johnson. Can anyone tell me why Avery never bothered to think of a scheme to get Dirk Nowitzki the ball? I mean he basically set him up for failure by not thinking of ways to get Dirk in an ideal position. Dirk obviously deserves blame as well but there has to be some pull both ways.(BTW, Warriors did a good job of trapping Dirk throughout the series, it's too bad Avery didn't bother countering).I mentioned the entry pass in one of the past game threads, it's a junior high play and it looked like our guards never ran it. Sad. [​IMG] On the this game, our biggest nuisance was sticking to threes and long jumpers. And even when the lead ballooned, we continued all the way to the end. Dallas needed to drive, get to the line. They did neither and lost like a bunch of stubborn dumbasses. Where were you Avery? Too busy meddling with your lineups in and out.This will be a long offseason for sure, and it just sucks to be a fan now. But good thing is we'll lose all those bandwagoners now. We don't need no Woody Harrelson type fans!

10. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ May 3 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial"> Now this creates an interesting discussion, can Golden State defeat Utah or Houston and advance to the Western Conference Finals?</span></div>Seeing what they did to Dallas, Golden State could just as easily take out either Utah or Houston as both of those teams have weaknesses that the Warriors can take advantage of. With Houston Yao Ming simply can not play effectively at a pace like the Warriors have been playing, he would tire out and like the announcers mentioned the warriors could run similar defensive strategies against T-Mac. With Utah their biggest weakness is that they refuse to double team much of the time which often results in them being burned by bigger guards who can penetrate into the lane.

11. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

correct me if im wrong but didnt GS blow out both Utah and Houston during the second half of the season? PHX v GSW for WCF!!

12. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MosDefinitely @ May 4 2007, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>correct me if im wrong but didnt GS blow out both Utah and Houston during the second half of the season? PHX v GSW for WCF!!</div>Spurs>Suns.

13. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

WOW. All I can say is wow. I'm walking on air right now. I won't make any comments until later, but yeah. Pretty amazing.

14. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">I actually like the Mavericks, but this is hilarious:</span>[​IMG]

15. MVPBaller

MVPBaller BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ May 4 2007, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">I actually like the Mavericks, but this is hilarious:</span>[​IMG]</div>LMFAO

16. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

So have you new guys ordered your we believe shirts yet?Avery didnt have his fire. He had ways to make Dirk contend. And he never really approached it to help him. Maybe in game 5. Also the whole thing about the comments. That is upsetting for your star to say something like that. It's going to bite me all offseason long. No plays were managed by Avery. It's a shame we lost. Because the first half was awesomeWarriors beat Mavs from shooting the ball. Just how Nelson wanted it.No basketball, nor football. Slight depression

17. S_Gurad

S_Gurad BBW Elite Member

Dirk looked like a fckin rookie out there(.) Thats just what I saw from his posture and how he was playing. Dissapointed in him greatly(.) I'm glad baron is still in it though as well as S.Jack(.)

18. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

What a complete choke job by Dallas, it's like Nellie put a spell on Avery Johnson or something. Stephen Jackson is something else. I wonder how much further the Warriors can go.

19. H TOWN AL

H TOWN AL BBW Member

you guys fail to realize that, yes, the warriors create matchup problems for houston and utah, but they both have LOST POST SCORING, which GS has NOTHING there.so IF they can slow down the tempo, yao or boozer can dominate the paint.they are still the 8 seed, so never get home court, which DOES matterand dallas played horrible the whole series, and still won twice.but if utah-houston winner plays like they have the last six games, GS will KILL them.go rocketscongrats to BARON and STEVEN, as they both deserved it!!!

20. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

Well, I am stills tunned Golden State actually pulled this off. IMO the greatest first round upset ever. If the Mavericks want to get better, they need a top tier perimeter defender. Sure, that one person can only guard one of the great perimeter players on GS, but if they had prevented Baron from getting into the paint and totally shitting on the Mavs, the Mavs would have had a much better chance at the series.