Game 6 Thread

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Doctor Kajita, May 3, 2007.

1. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow! Andris Biedrins is my hero! Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis are super heros like Batman and Robin. Just unbelievable. Biedrins showed who's boss in the inside and Jackson showed who's boss from the outside and then by penetrating in the 4th quarter. And Baron is still the Boss!

I was scared in the first half a little bit. The Warriors played so well, but they let Dallas get way too many offensive rebounds (plus Dallas was all over Golden State's back) and they looked on fire from the outside. Fortunately the second half included better job at taking care of the ball and better defensive rebound, and soon the Mavericks were done. SWEET!

2. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

Way to shove it up Cubans you know what! i still can't believe it! I still think we have a good chance to make it into the western conference

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Zhone Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No, people at that point were split between Nellie and Webber at that point. Many people wanted Nellie out, and I can count myself among that crowd at that point in time. The Run TMC era was over, and it wasn't working. Mario Elis knows what I'm talking about.

It's working now, Nellie has a team that fits his style and he has people believing again. It takes the right set of players to play Nellie's game. I'm glad to have him back, but I wasn't sad to see him gone back in 95.</div>

Yeah, I agree, plus at some point small ball won't work in our favor because we can't adjust and get bigger when we have to. There's no strong center and we're still over-reliant on Baron Davis to make things happen. The only closest figure besides Baron Davis in creating shots for everyone and having consistent 20 foot off the drive or post up shooting is Sjax. The other thing is at some point, our outside shooting may fail us...and we'll need a superior inside game coming from a big strong post player. It's like the Sharks. They need to get more physical and they just don't have the strength. We know we can match up with Dallas, but who else can we adjust to? We don't have a solid 8 man rotation to say the least.

It's been the Baron and Sjax show thus far and other guys chipping in when they can.

4. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I wanted Foyle to score at least one point in the playoffs, but looks like he lost his one big chance to play unless we basically give up because we get blown out or we're up by so many points we empty the bench again like tonight.

What a blowout. I feel bad for Avery Johnson. All that pressure and his team just gave up on him and settled for jumpers. Avery's also the guy that basically rested his starters to give us a one game cushion to get into the playoffs.

What drama though... Nelson vs. Cuban (Nelson's former boss). Warriors vs. Barkley. Warriors fans vs. adversity. Avery vs. his former mentor Don Nelson. This was a series to remember. Dig deep warriors!</div>

Foyle should play next series (a little bit maybe) if it's against Yao and Houston.

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">So who do we want to play now in round 2?</div>
    Houston, Yao will have a heart attack, and average 5 TPG playing like this against the Warriors.

6. Gotrunks226

Gotrunks226 JBB JustBBall Member

Don't think the Rockets stand a chance against the Warriors.. Yao Ming cannot play the style that the Warriors play and they will defend T-Mac like they did with Dirk.. Warriors are a ridiculous team..

7. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">og15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Houston, Yao will have a heart attack, and average 5 TPG playing like this against the Warriors.</div>

Last time we played Yao, they just went to Yao everytime and Biedrins got shoved right off the block. Maybe we'll have to play Barnes or Harrington at center for that one.

Man... who'd thought the Warriors would ever out-rebound the Mavs... Damn. I'm just in shock over the end of game stats I'm finding out.

8. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

You know that the Heat are happy, they get blown out. But they get to see the Mavs lose first round also.

9. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Last time we played Yao, they just went to Yao everytime and Biedrins got shoved right off the block. Maybe we'll have to play Barnes or Harrington at center for that one.

Man... who'd thought the Warriors would ever out-rebound the Mavs... Damn. I'm just in shock over the end of game stats I'm finding out.</div>

Dude, last time we played Yao, het shot 4 times total. He said the Warriors defend him the best of all NBA teams. Harrington did a great job on him.

10. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">Zhone Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No, people at that point were split between Nellie and Webber at that point. Many people wanted Nellie out, and I can count myself among that crowd at that point in time. The Run TMC era was over, and it wasn't working. Mario Elis knows what I'm talking about.

It's working now, Nellie has a team that fits his style and he has people believing again. It takes the right set of players to play Nellie's game. I'm glad to have him back, but I wasn't sad to see him gone back in 95.</div>

It was so awesome watching the players be subbed off one by one (just about) with Don Nelson giving big emotional hugs to each starting and critical player. You could tell that this team has a special place for Nelson (right next do his dog, j/k) and it's just awesome to see that continuity and relationship between players and their coach. I love how Baron is on the court getting everyone mentally prepared as well. He's always talking to Pietrus to get him in the game (since Pietrus isn't always mentally where he needs to be) along with the team in general when he's running the team on the court.

As far as Foyle, I believe he got a bucket in this series. I remember it was one of the few if not the only bright spot of their first loss in game two. Here is the box score http://www.nba.com/games/20070425/GSWDAL/boxscore.html

By the way, I am happy that the Mavericks didn't ditch Dirk Nowitzki for Ager more often in the series. Ager would have given this team more fits. He seems like he is able to get to the rim at ease, which is something for the most part the Mavericks lacked.

Yay for the 2nd round. TNT showed how the Warriors were 2-2 and 2-1 vs. the team that they are bound to play in the second round. I believe it was 2-2 vs. Utah and 2-1 vs Houston but I forget if that was how it went - but something like that. The second round should be fun.

11. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Last time we played Yao, they just went to Yao everytime and Biedrins got shoved right off the block. Maybe we'll have to play Barnes or Harrington at center for that one.</div>
    I think you missed this game CR2:
    http://www.nba.com/games/20070404/GSWHOU/boxscore.html

12. SIXPAK GQ

SIXPAK GQ JBB JustBBall Member

If Warriors can still believe. I think Warriors can beat the Rockets in 5. Warriors got to win a game on the road. either win game 1 or 2.

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, last time we played Yao, het shot 4 times total. He said the Warriors defend him the best of all NBA teams. Harrington did a great job on him.</div>

Oh, I meant the last time we lost to Yao.

Harrington on Yao works because we just beat him up the floor. But this means Harrington has to shoot well in order to get playing time.

14. SIXPAK GQ

SIXPAK GQ JBB JustBBall Member

this series could have been a sweep if davis was not ejected in game 2.

15. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

Congratulations to the Warriors, they deserved it.

16. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

The Warriors Theme should be John Cena's:

"Your Time Is Up, My Time Is Now"

17. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Biedrins and Harrington matched up ok with Yao in our most recent game with them. If we face Houston, it's T-Mac that I'm scared to face. But if S-Jax and the rest of the guys keep up defense like they did against Dirk and the Mavs, maybe we'll be okay if no one else steps it up.

If we face Utah I'm scared because our zone is going to get obliterated. Williams, Boozer, Okur, Harpring, heck even Fisher are going to get open looks and if Kirilenko keeps his head up, we're going to have a hard time driving to the hoop. (We've faced similar problems against Marcus Camby in Denver). So matchup-wise, they actually pose a bigger problem potentially.

18. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    I had to choke back some tears... I'm in shock

19. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">Gotrunks226 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Don't think the Rockets stand a chance against the Warriors.. Yao Ming cannot play the style that the Warriors play and they will defend T-Mac like they did with Dirk.. Warriors are a ridiculous team..</div>

Well I believe Tracy McGrady can score better than Dirk. Dirk is a shooter where as TMac can shoot and attack the rim. The Warriors have the players to guard him and try to contain him, but it would be more difficult than guarding Dirk, imo. I don't disagree about the Yao Ming claim though. Anyway, GSW vs. Utah/Houston should be fun. I am excited (though my school work will probably continue to be pushed off, which may not be great in the end, but hey, it's Warriors basketball! haha ("it's a great time out", even by watching it on TV now)

20. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">NTC Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Heres the avatar for you guys:

[​IMG]</div>

Thanks, it's a little tight for me but it works.