Game 6 Thread

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Doctor Kajita, May 3, 2007.

1. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

I just wish i could high five each and everyone of you. Especially those veterans that i have been reading for years now.

Cus

Come on say it.

WE don't have a chance against UTah or Houston. Not a prayer.

keep us rollin'

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Zhone Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Biedrins and Harrington matched up ok with Yao in our most recent game with them. If we face Houston, it's T-Mac that I'm scared to face. But if S-Jax and the rest of the guys keep up defense like they did against Dirk and the Mavs, maybe we'll be okay if no one else steps it up.

If we face Utah I'm scared because our zone is going to get obliterated. Williams, Boozer, Okur, Harpring, heck even Fisher are going to get open looks and if Kirilenko keeps his head up, we're going to have a hard time driving to the hoop. (We've faced similar problems against Marcus Camby in Denver). So matchup-wise, they actually pose a bigger problem potentially.</div>

Agree, I'd rather play Houston than Utah because Utah is a team who will just beat us down with the ball movement and physicality. Houston has two star players and nothing else, they're having a damn hard time putting up 80 in the series they're in right now so even if Yao and T-Mac go off we can probably outscore them. Also Utah's homecourt is a lot tougher IMO than Houston's and we'll need to win a game on the road since we don't have the homecourt advantage. Also, the Jazz can do a better job of dealing with out running game while Houston will struggle trying to run.

Harrington completely owned Yao last time and T-Mac's back still isn't 100%. We have a variety of guys to throw at Yao (Harrington, Foyle, Biedrins) as well as T-Mac (Jackson, Pietrus, Barnes, J-Rich). We have no one to matchup with Boozer and the Jazz are so good playing as a team it would be really tough to overcome them.

3. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

I wish I knew what is going through the minds of Dunleavy and Murphy.

4. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I wish I knew what is going through the minds of Dunleavy and Murphy.</div>

My guess it's something to the effect of "I must really suck"

5. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">CohanHater Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">My guess it's something to the effect of "I must really suck"</div>

Now thats the understatement of the century. ZING!

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I wish I knew what is going through the minds of Dunleavy and Murphy.</div>

We should grow Baron Beards.

[​IMG]

7. Wild Child

Wild Child JBB JustBBall Member

8. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I wish I knew what is going through the minds of Dunleavy and Murphy.</div>

If it's Dunleavy, then it's probably very empty - like normal. Murphy - Well I think he's wishing that he could be with this team right now. But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players are feeling that way. Who doesn't want to get in the middle of this awesomeness? [​IMG]

9. Wild Child

Wild Child JBB JustBBall Member

It looked like Dampier even wanted to come back [​IMG]

10. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Dunleavy and Murphy are probably happy for the Warriors and happy to be home, overpaid, and not having to try and play any defense. Slow footed and weak players, generally have to work that much harder to bring half the intangibles smaller, cheaper, low basketball IQ guys like Barnes and Pietrus have. That's sad. But it's all about quickness and production on both ends of the floor in this type of small ball game. Can't have below the rim, unaggressive, lead feet dragging the other players down.

11. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Thank you.

12. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Thank you.</div>

You're welcome.

13. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    I got a white girl's number. I thank Stephen Jackson.

14. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I got a white girl's number. I thank Stephen Jackson.</div>

hahaha!! Warriors go to second round and you get a girls number, does your night get any better?

15. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    The whole city was rockin tonight man! What a weird feeling. I feel happy that all these bandwagon fans are, well, bangwagoning their way into the Warriors' hearts, but we know who the REAL fans are...US!

16. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The whole city was rockin tonight man! What a weird feeling. I feel happy that all these bandwagon fans are, well, bangwagoning their way into the Warriors' hearts, but we know who the REAL fans are...US!</div>

True. I have to deal with bandwagon fans on campus trying to talk "knowledge" to me about Warriors, 80% of which is all completely wrong. But if they give us the advantage in home court, I'm all for it.

And then people see me sport my Baron jersey and probably think I'm some bandwagon fan...

Gotta take the good with the bad I guess. But the good is definitely GOOD! [​IMG]

17. Custodianrules2

I wonder if we had a timer that caculated how many minutes, hours, days, weeks, months,years we're thinking about Warriors basketball. From an outside perspective, it's probably like... wow you guys need to get lives... but from our perspective, it's like you ain't down the hardcore bunch so go back home and stop pretending to be Warriors fans. [​IMG]

18. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    That's why you need to sport the Jasikevicius or O'Bryant jersey! [​IMG]

As for me, I still have a Sprewell jersey somewhere. I'm wearing it to the 2nd round!

19. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">That's why you need to sport the Jasikevicius or O'Bryant jersey! [​IMG]

As for me, I still have a Sprewell jersey somewhere. I'm wearing it to the 2nd round!</div>

Sprewell... heh... are you sure that's a good idea? You might get choked by a fellow fan. [​IMG] Buy a throwback "The City" Jrich or Baron jersey you cheapass. [​IMG]

20. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Congrats!

Props to the Warrior fans who stuck with their team for all 12 struggling seasons. Good luck in the second round.