Game Thread GAME# 62: BLAZERS @ GRIZZLIES - APRIL 28, 2021 - WEDNESDAY, 6:00, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Apr 27, 2021.

?

Do you think the Blazers should tank right now?

Poll closed May 4, 2021.
  1. Yes

19.4%
  2. No

80.6%
  1. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

he 'ran his mouth' in game 1 and the Blazers still lost game 2

2. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

Well on the floor is different then air it out in the press and the internet that to me then becomes personal. But we well see if our players take it personal.

3. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Nah bro the BS is the idiotic narrative that the coach is holding them back. People who are actually there and are part of the situation are telling you different.

riverman likes this.
  4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Pretty sure Olshey thinks he's holding the team back, as well as some of the players.

brooklynballer likes this.
  5. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure huh?
    So you been on the phone with him about this? Or did he just happen to bring it up over dinner?

Seriously. This is where things like this get way outta hand. You have absolutely no idea what Neil Olshey is thinking or doing. Now i'm not telling you he doesn't think that. But i sure am not willing to start throwing "JasonQuick" projections out there to uphold my line of thinking or to get people to "like" or "Click" on my material. I understand it's your shtick and you will ride it as long as you can. But i prefer actual credible factual statements. Those usually come from the source.

I also happen to agree it's getting time for a change. But if this team starts to perform and they make a run Terry Stotts again will have earned another year. Hopefully one without injuries that have decimated his teams while coaching here. This year things could all be turning healthy at just the right time. If this team turns it on in the next 10 games (which is entirely possible) no team is going to want to meet them in the playoffs.

You yourself have said many times it's not talent. Well that talent has now had about a full three weeks and 14 games together. In the next 6 you might be surprised by what starts to happen.

riverman likes this.
  6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

upload_2021-4-28_17-54-0.png

GRIZZLIES HEAD COACH TAYLOR JENKINS

On the team’s defensive approach tonight:

“I think we learned a lot of great things in the first two games. Jaren [Jackson Jr.] played in one of those two games and had a lot of different matchups, a couple different coverages we threw at them. It was a high-scoring affair. As I said all along, you’re not going to be able to stop this team, you’re just going to be able to slow them down and get stops when needed. You have to score at a pretty high rate to beat the Trail Blazers. I think our game plan is mostly going to be consistent. Our matchups, the depth we have, I think we feel confident in what we learned in the first two games and try to apply that tonight in game 3.”

On the starting lineup and increased attendance:

“It’s great to be back. No changes to the starting lineup today. The fans mean so much to us. It’s been an interesting year for so many, a trying year for so many. Having our fans back in the building has been awesome for us, creating that home-court advantage for us. As we’ve created a safe environment here for our fans to come and enjoy Grizzlies basketball, the more people we can have in here to enjoy it safely and bring that great edge. This time of year is special. You want to build that momentum in these meaningful basketball games. We know our guys definitely feed off our home crowd and hopefully they feed off the great basketball we’re playing too.”

On Jaren Jackson Jr. and Jonas Valanciunas:

“I think the big picture is we’re having a lot of dialogue about what our rotations are going to look like. We have tremendous depth right now. As we’re getting JJ [Jaren Jackson Jr.] integrated back, the number one thing is just what’s medically best for him. He’s played in a couple games now and he’s got a lot of games ahead of him. We want to do what’s smart to on-ramp him. We’ve got a very thoughtful process as we work with the medical team and as we work with JJ on what’s best for him and what’s best for the team at the end of the day. Different combinations, different versatility. We have bigs that can play different positions. In JJ’s case, last year he started at the four, played some backup five. He’s versatile in that sense. We want to be smart about how much we’re having him, responsibility wise, getting out there on the floor, getting his feet wet, getting his rhythm back. It’s been great to see him already play really well. We know that as his workload increases and his minutes increase, his role will diversify a little bit more - five, four. We have other players outside of just JV and JJ that can do a lot of different things at the big position, as well.”

On if the Grizzlies model themselves after the Trail Blazers:

“We’re just focused on us. They’re a tough opponent, a really good ball club. We’re just focused on playing great basketball and hopefully beat them.”

On having a full roster:

“You always want to have a fully healthy roster all season long. It’s taken us a couple of months to get here, but I’m proud of everyone’s work to get fully healthy. It’s critical this time of year. It allows you to have all kinds of depth you can deploy at different moments in the game or from game-to-game. Just having the full complement of the roster is huge. Any given night brings different challenges. Obviously, they played great, the Trail Blazers, last night up in Indiana. They found a groove, shot it really well from the three-point line. We know that’s a priority against this team. Hopefully we can build on the good things we did in Portland in games 1 and 2 and if we need to adjust, we’re prepared for those adjustments, as well.”

On if the Grizzlies’ approach has changed:

“Our approach is the same no matter what. We have a great luxury now with a lot of depth. Getting guys back into the rotation, especially in JJ’s case. I’ve said all along that we’re always going to do what is best for each individual, but at the end of the day, doing what’s best for the team. That’s our standard we talk about. Whoever is in the lineup, whoever is in the rotation, whoever is starting, coming off the bench, whoever is active that night, they have to stay ready.”

Darkwebs likes this.
  7. bobf

bobf Well-Known Member

Let's go Blazers! DO NOT embarrass us again. Thanks.

8. bobf

bobf Well-Known Member

NEIN NEIN NEIN Ja.
    Ant we need 10/10 tonight!!

9. James lamphear

I wish start hitting those shots to get comfortable lead. Defense is solid so far.

10. VenomXL

VenomXL Well-Known Member

What a load of shit. That’s a jump ball and THEN they call it a shooting foul?

bobf likes this.
  11. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Melo has a point there, but please give him a second tech.

12. James lamphear

Offense and defense has been solid so far this quarter but we got to finish the quarter strong though.

13. Darkwebs

Darkwebs Awakened to emptiness Staff Member Moderator

Dame looks sharp on offense and defense tonight. His shot and handles have been on display

14. James lamphear

Best 1st quarter in long time.

15. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

mvp dame resurfacing and setting the tone on both ends

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  16. VenomXL

VenomXL Well-Known Member

Hell of a first quarter!

17. DDolla

DDolla Well-Known Member

Kent and Hurd going crazy

18. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman
    Solid outing; Ant with a sweet reverse. His confidence grows.

bobf and Darkwebs like this.
  19. James lamphear

Big stat that quarter 0 turnovers by us we made them have 4.

Darkwebs likes this.
  20. Serbian

Serbian Well-Known Member

Wow. Lillard is back. Look at his demeanor. His hustle on defense and also he looks faster and more explosive. Either physically he feels much better or he turned his mind into overdrive not giving fuck after bad performances

Darkwebs likes this.