Game Thread GAME# 65: KINGS @ BLAZERS - MARCH 7, 2020 - SATURDAY, 7:00, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Mar 6, 2020.

?

What is your favorite move by Olshey in the past 12 months?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2020.
  1. Drafting Little

15.9%
  2. Keeping Whiteside at the trade deadline

2.3%
  3. Re-signing Rodney Hood

25.0%
  4. Signing CJ to a 3-year extension

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Signing Melo

4.5%
  6. Trading Bazemore+Tolliver+Two2ndRounders for Ariza+Wenyen+Biggie

36.4%
  7. Trading Meyers+Mo for Whiteside

13.6%
  8. Trading Turner for Bazemore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Signing Hoard and Brown to 2-way contract

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (Please specify in the comments)

2.3%
  1. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

The injury excuses is so lame. Dame, cj, Melo, and Whiteside should be more than enough to secure a playoff spot. If Okc, Memphis, can get it done then this squad should be in. Winning in the regular season is about doing the basics and little things right. So many times this season I saw the blazers lose to lesser teams or blow close games due to lack of urgency and fire. I’m sorry no way this team should be at 28 wins. I’m afraid this dame era is just getting played out.

royo likes this.
  2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I must say- You are very patient.

Tince likes this.
  3. kjironman1

Keep going. You can even triple down on this if you like? Quadruple? Nobody stopping you. Heck you can start a "Trade Lillard" thread if you want.

4. kjironman1

Yeah they gotta at least be a .500 team is what i have been thinking. I pretty much lost my faith after the Atlanta loss. This one has them too far out now.

5. kjironman1

Yep. I just cannot see playing Melo those kinds of minutes. Same seems to be true when the question is asked "Why isn't Little on the floor?".

BonesJones and oldmangrouch like this.
  6. kjironman1

Only the very best one liners from Darkwebs!

Darkwebs likes this.
  7. kjironman1

Tough to watch. Not much to root for right now.
    The Blamers/Flamers are out in full force.

Being a Blazer fan is like riding a big pendulum. Never fear they will come back and the team will play well again. They always do. Been 7 years since they missed the playoffs. I highly doubt they will go 5 years straight again. Though they might go 2?

8. kjironman1

9. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

It's a waste of time to talk to these guys Aldo. They so in blind love with Dame that every critism is automaticly hate. You're also not allowed to mention when he plays terrible. Fact is, a Team with Dame and CJ healthy for the most part of the season shouldn't be this bad, we all know the injurys are just an excuse, because Whiteside, even though he was pretty bad the last couple of games, has done a solid job throughout the Season as Nurkic replacement. Collins is never ever the difference between a HCA Team and Lottery Team, and even with Hood healthy the Blazers have been pretty bad. Imo, a team with Lillard as the best player will not win a Championship, Lillard is more like a 1b Star, he needs a real 1a superstar like Kawhi, Lebron, Giannis, Durant, Steph, Davis etc

WillG and AldoTrapani like this.
  10. Neil O. Shyster

Neil O. Shyster Well-Known Member

Another season with no accountability... disgusting

11. kjironman1

50 years and counting. Not sure how you can stand it!

12. AldoTrapani

Kj idk but it’s getting boring

13. AldoTrapani

Nailed it

14. kjironman1

Look i understand the frustration. But Lillard is absolutely not a "Boring" PG. The team is losing this year. It happens to every team. They will bounce back like they always do.

hoopsjock and Wade Garrett like this.
  15. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Now that was a heck of a loss. Blown out immediately at home. You can’t ask for more than that.

16. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Let me offer a theory. People are starting to turn their frustrations on Dame because we are constantly being told we can't blame anybody else. The Olshey/Stotts/CJ defenders are so rabid at times it prevents thoughtful discussion. How does a team go from WCF to out of the play-offs if nobody made any mistakes? They had an entire off-season to plan around Nurk not being available, and Collins and Hood aren't the kind of high impact players whose loss would gut a team.

There is more going on here than injuries - but any attempt to discuss it turns into insults and (faux) outrage. Now some people are turning their frustration on Dame - who is waaaay down the list of responsibility for this mess!

17. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Literally the only thing I think we can “blame” Dame for is also what is keeping him around. “Loyalty”, he values Loyalty he refuses to say anything bad about Stotts, or the team around him. His loyalty is also what keeps him here though.
    However, Im kind of hardest on NO, then the roster (NO), then Stotts and its probably fair to say that all of us, could do better at having conversations without throwing each other at under the bus too.

Darkwebs, OneSport3 and oldmangrouch like this.
  18. royo

royo Well-Known Member

I would say that most frustrating thing is this season could be used for something. I don't understand why you keep defending this team. This season could be used to develop ALL youngsters and see where they going, per exmpl. Instead we see heave minutes for our stars with no fuckin reason. We play Melo for no reason at this point. Stotts could use this season to TRY, at least try something new, like fuckin ball movement for example or playing CJ as a 6th man for some stretch. If season is lost, it SHOULD be used to do anything to develop this team. Instead this season is wasted. Nothing more than wasted. People saying Trent is one bright spot and it's fine until you heard he works on his game by himself! And Nurk could be back earlier, but there's noone he can practice with(!).
    In all this shit Lillard is chasing playoffs and Olshey is chasing Lotery. Stotts stays between them, but hey, he got paid, who gives a monkey? No Paul Allen, injuries, all got paid? Oh, well, crap.

And that's why it's all called Injury Excuse Propaganda. This season is brutally raped in the basement. There's absolutely nothing good about this season.

And I think, that, yes, Lillard should be traded.

B/c this organization is wasting this man career.

Edit. It's just basketball. But I'm well vented. Good day to all;)

19. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Glad you got that out, hope you feel better. Not with you on Trading Dame, but I do think you have a point about wasting his career.

20. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

yeah, good take...

and there's a couple of guys here acting as their own little two-clown echo chamber telling each other that posters here are holding Dame above criticism; meanwhile, they are the only guys seeing the truth about Lillard. What they are missing is that it isn't people holding Dame above all criticism, it's rather holding him above idiotic criticism. And maybe the most idiotic is the psycho-babble about Dame loafing and Dame not caring..."he got paid, he doesn't give a shit anymore".....

the biggest thing Dame can be blamed for this season is that if he was as bad as those two guys are saying, Portland would have been out of the playoff hunt well before the all-star game, and we would be looking at the Blazers finishing about 6th or 7th in the pre-lottery standings

Darkwebs, BonesJones, royo and 2 others like this.