Game Thread GAME# 69: BLAZERS @ SPURS - MARCH 16, 2019 - SATURDAY, 5:30 PM, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Mar 15, 2019.

?

How receptive are you to the idea of LaMarcus coming back to the Blazers someday?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2019.
  1. 1 - Hell no! I don't want that traitor on my team.

17.0%
  2. 2

6.4%
  3. 3

8.5%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

25.5%
  6. 6

8.5%
  7. 7

12.8%
  8. 8

4.3%
  9. 9

4.3%
  10. 10 - YES! Aldridge is one of the best Blazers of all time. He deserves a second chance here.

12.8%
  1. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

After the last time we played the Spurs I thought this would be, if not an easy win, a comfortable win. Nurk absolutely owned LA the last game. And even this game Nurk owned him on the defensive end. But on offense we rarely posted Nurk. I have no explanation for it. Yes, Peotle (?) is pretty good apparently, but not so good that we shouldn't have attacked the hoop on 50%+ of our possessions. We played absolutely idiotic basketball from tip to buzzer. This was a very winnable game, but we just gave it away.
    #FireTerry
    #HopeCJisOK

2. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Would have been nice to win, but another successful road trip at 2-1. That's 7-3 on the road for the last 10. Pretty damn good for a team that posters were calling a lousy road team

Get well quick CJ as we need you for the playoffs.

3. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    We had the first 3 Q's. Playing SA is always tough. Hell, we just gave them the 8th in their win streak. For the season, both teams had won two at home.

Darkwebs likes this.
  4. stampedehero

CJ Injured!!!!!
    “I can walk, but I’m not sure what the extend of it is,” said McCollum. “Obviously on the replay it’s hard to kind of see it because my foot gets trapped and then his body is there. But there’s some discomfort, some pain in certain areas… It’s definitely around my knee but I don’t know the extent of it. I don’t know if it’s lateral, I just know that it’s not normal.”

After breaking the fifth metatarsal in his left foot his rookie season and the index finger on his right hand in his second season, McCollum has been mostly injury-free, playing at least 80 games in each of his last three seasons. The 6-3 guard out of Lehigh has played and started in all 67 games this season, though that streak will likely end when the Trail Blazers face the Pacers Monday night at the Moda Center.

“I mean, you never want to get hurt, especially at this point in the season,” said McCollum. “But there’s nothing I can do about it but rehab and I’ll see what they say.”

The 6-3 guard in his sixth season out of Lehigh is averaging 21.5 points on 46 percent shooting, 4.1 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 67 games, all starts, this season. -Source. Official Blazers site.

5. stampedehero

Looks like Hood and Curry are going to take CJ's minutes due to his knee injury.

6. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman
    Time for hood to really shine, all the best to him

7. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

CJ loss will some what hurt this team. Yes Stotts will have to trust others to get the job done.

8. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

I am really talking about the timing of the season when the injuries happen.

9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Im not reading this thread....