GAME 7 RANGERS-LIGHTNING -WIN AND PLAY FOR THE CUP

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, May 29, 2015.

1. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Fact of the matter is the Rangers have guys who are not Kane, Toews, Getzlaf, Perry level.... They are a hard luck team when it comes to getting over the hump

2. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

You mention the Ducks players, but outside of a cup when they were very young, they haven't done anythng in the playoffs, so that one doesn't hold.

The Hawks have done a lot obviously, and they have a lot of high end talent. Won't say anything about them, but remember they got Kane and Toews by bottoming out and getting top picks, we never did that.

But at the end of the day we came up short yet again. We went out very softly with almost no real chances or spark on O...it is very frustrating. Now we hope we can get up again next season to do it all over...won't be easy. We didn't even challenge TB or Bishop in games 5 & 7...shame.

3. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Getzlaf and Perry have carried the ducks since their Cup.. The core here should be able to do it but can they get it done? If Ducks win I see them beating TB.. That's 2 cups for them. More than OV, Crosby, Malkin, Hank, etc.. Pretty elite class those guys would be in and there would be a chance for maybe a 3rd

Getzlaf has 93pts in 96 playoff games. Perry 73pts in 89 playoff games. The numbers don't lie Chuck.. Our best offensive player Nash has 9 goals in almost 60 playoff games... I would love to have Getzlaf or Perry on this team.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  4. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That's what's going to stick in my craw all summer. Two straight home games and they didn't even put up much of a fight.

5. chuckd3534

I love those guys strud. You are wasting your time posting their numbers because I am well aware of what they have done. They are better individual players than any individual players on the Rangers by far, but that isn't the point bro.

We are talking about coming up short as a team in the playoffs, and you use those guys as example. That is kind of funny when you look at the Ducks playoff results the past few seasons.

Maybe they'll make the SCF tonight though, I hope they do. And maybe they win the cup this season, again I hope they do as I am rooting for them now. But right now they still have something to prove as the main guys on a cup type team. I hope they get it done.

As individual players of course I'd love to have either one here.

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Go Blackhawks. I always pull for them if the Rangers are out, which is 95 % of the time.

7. Messiah717

The bottom line is the Rangers completely pissed away game seven and a chance to go back to the finals. Tampa didn't play anything close to a good game. The Rangers just sat back in a shell the entire game which is completely mind boggling and should make every fan very angry. I'm sure Tampa made adjustments from the previous game but you can't tell me their defense was so great the Rangers couldn't get a single good look.

8. chuckd3534

Game 5 and game 7 were so similar to me. We should have been ready for what they did in game 7, but we again played right into their hands. That will frustrate me all summer long.

9. Messiah717

The blame goes all around. The coaches sat there and watched it happen as well. I can't believe we had a guy out there on a broken foot yet guys like Nash and Kreider couldn't show up.

10. chuckd3534

I agree with that Mess. When you lose games 5 & 7 on home ice in pretty much the same way, and score 0 goals in both games, I'd agree blame should go all around for everyone involved.

I continue to look at the forwards stats and see Nash with 0 points in 6 of the final 8 games, and see Kreider with 0 points in the final 3 games, and I say look no further. The goal scorers didn't get it done.

11. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Chuck, agree about Mr. Softy Nash but as you would say to lump our 24 yr old 2nd year player Kreider who was our 2nd leading goal scorer with 2 game winning goals led the team by a million in hits and planted himself in front of the net all playoffs in the same playoff breath is way over the top BUT ALL GOOD. Ha ha ha

12. chuckd3534

I am not lumping them together. Nash is soft and doesn't play with the passion and fire you need in the playoffs.

Kreider, although you love him, is WAY too inconsisten mel...just the fact of it. That is why a man with his skills only scores 21 goals this season. That is why he has playoff games where he looks unstoppable and then goes games 5, 6, and 7 with no points and you wouldn't have even know he was playing in those games.

My hope is at 24 next season he gets it and brings it most nights. Dude should score 30, or close to it, in his sleep. It is criminal if he doesn't with his skills.

13. mrmel29

Chuck, kreids big jump in scoring from last year to this year and I expect him to continue making jump and progress next year in that 30 gol range. Sky is the limit for this kid and looking for the big 2nd half he had this season to continue again next season. And your right about him being my favorite player(doesn't make me a bad person) lol. Coming up next season my favorite farm guy big mac who needs to be here to protect his teammates and give them the balls that they are lacking now to play without fear of being maimed during the season and more importantly the playoffs

14. chuckd3534

Let me see him do it. I agree he has all the skills as I said, but he needs to bring it on a much more consistent basis mel, just reality. He is young so I fully think he gets that and can do it, but I need to see it. If healthy the guy needs to score 30, or close to it, next season. And next season he needs to play games 5, 6, and 7 unlike the TB series where you barely heard his name. He has the skillset that's for sure.

I am really not hung up on someone to protect their teammates. I also have no issue keeping Mac up here as the 7th dman to let him learn to be a pro and play games here and there. To me that's how I would play it. But he also has to do his part, and what that means is work on his skating ALL summer. Get Barb Underhill on it. He needs to improve there, and that's on him. Leave Mac up here and let him learn as the 7th dman. Not sure he can get much else from the AHL anyway.

15. mrmel29

Agreed. No ahl is useless for him next season plus he would have to go thru waivers and no chance he's not claimed by another team. Unless traded at the trade deadline this summer he will be a part of the team next season and I think you'll see he's gonna be a good asset especially defensively for this team next season.

16. chuckd3534

And I am fine with that if he does what he needs to do. Let him be up here. Let him learn how to be a pro. Let him be in the mix to play some games. I am all for that. And if he takes off and does well...awesome.

But I would not just hand him a spot and say you are the 6th dman. He needs to prove he can do that, and if that's what next year is for him, I see no harm in it.

17. mrmel29

Chuck, first time ov comes down the wing in the exhibition season in september or whenever it starts and big mac plants his ass upsides down on the sideboards (even better than the kreid-lock) you will be a believer.

18. chuckd3534

Is he going to be able to catch him...LOL.

19. mrmel29

On the sideboards as he angles him off most definitely.

20. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Please tell me who you fear as a big intimatador on Tampa... Washington... Pittsburgh... Islanders... What huge bulking d man polices to a point no one makes runs... Thst dude from Washington didn't give a shit that ohhhh matt Martin is out there and will take my head off if I boarded one or 5 islanders... That part of hockey is long gone.