Game Thread GAME# 71: MAVERICKS @ BLAZERS - MARCH 20, 2019 - WEDNESDAY, 7:00 PM, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Mar 19, 2019.

?

Do you believe the Blazers will attain the 3rd seed in the West?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2019.
  1. Yes

53.7%
  2. No

46.3%
  1. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Still he is gonna get paid if they don't.

2. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Why do I have a problem with that?

Since your post is a direct response to Bones it is implied that you are questioning his stance about it not being realistic. Adding that we're all just fans (just like your argument that we aren't coaches) implies that Bones is just guessing. He isn't. His statement is well informed and while it isn't a 100% fact it is indeed a realistic opinion.

I go on to explain exactly why he is correct about Brogdon and you dismiss my whole post as "assumptions" and show your lack of knowledge to the cap situation. Why even make your original comment that we don't know what is realistic and what is unrealistic if you agreed that it was unrealistic? If you make a comment like that I expect you to be able to back up why we can't speculate that it is unrealistic. Why bring the professional statuses of posters into it?

Darkwebs and BonesJones like this.
  3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

We can have two conversations. Who could we realistically add, and what type of player we need.

Brogdon is the answer for the 2nd question. I don't know what that has to do with other players being realistic or whatever. He's a FA this summer, so that's why he's not realistic.

Darkwebs, hoopsjock and kjironman1 like this.
  4. kjironman1

Well i pointed out the many assumptions so that is covered. Hope it is to your satisfaction.
    As far as "We are all just fans"? I will formally rephrase that hopefully to your liking. "I am just a fan". You on the other hand as well as Bones might be better than the rest of us "Just Fans"
    If you feel you need more than that i guess you can try another poster.

As for me? You will just have to accept the fact that i believe You and Bones are just fans and you do not have any more ability or knowledge than the rest of us "Just Fans" have. That is until you prove otherwise which i doubt will ever be the case.
    The reason i have these beliefs is because i know someone who is not a "Just Fan". Matter of fact he is quite a bit more than just a fan. I have had many conversations with him. He has given me some fairly drastic insight into the Association. You see, I am now of the opinion that you and posters like you think you know and understand but you don't. As a matter of fact I was just like you at one time. I'm sorry if this crushes you in some way. It's not meant to. But basketball is an Entertainment industry. The game is a business and an vehicle that makes money. Money is the only thing that is driving this association. Because of that nothing is certain. The rules you understand do not always count. Championships do not count. Teams and cities do not count. People do not count. Assists for playgrounds is all a big ruse. I mean figure it out. 22 asts a game for 82 games is a little over 36K. They know this before the season ever starts. So Moda builds a small playground and goes all year with the feel good story. Do this for 30 teams in 30 cities and you have a wonderful look for the advertisers. That is only one example but there are many if you take off the blinders and look.
    C'mon man. Are you really this gullible? Do you think i am?
    Now i will continue to enjoy my Blazers the way i want to. I hope you do the same. Peace hoops. Take care.

5. kjironman1

Sure.

6. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Wow serious, what in the actual fuck are you talking about?

BonesJones likes this.
  7. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    What does the NBA being a business for profit have to do with Brogdon being an unrealistic option this summer?

BonesJones likes this.
  8. kjironman1

If you can't read it then i don't know what to tell you.
    I rephrased a statement. Hopefully that will suffice. I am just a fan vs We are just fans.

9. BonesJones

You're argument was we don't know if he's realistic or not, because we're fans. HoopsJock then went through about 10 different logistical obstacles, and it'd be virtually impossible to clear them all. He was using the Pistons as an example of being able to be informed as a fan. It's all connected.

And you're saying the conversation isn't staying on topic but now you're talking about why you don't post in the off-season, how he doesn't have Woj in his back pocket, corporate espionage... all because he used an example relevant to the conversation that was being had.

I love Brogdon, and wish we could add him... but it's not possible due to the number of factors HJ listed. I don't see where the disagreement is... How is it possible to add Brogdon? I'm not even sure you're arguing that...?

Darkwebs and hoopsjock like this.
  10. kjironman1

So now you want to change back to me never saying he was realistic in the first place? Or do you want to go back to we are just fans and don't really know?

11. kjironman1

No that has never been my argument. He was always not realistic. I'm the one that said he will get paid. I agreed with it. Sorry you both need to go back and try to read.

12. BonesJones

I'm honestly trying to figure out what point you're trying to make.

He's not possible due to the way the CBA and salary cap are structured. Why can't a fan know the CBA or salary cap?

hoopsjock likes this.
  13. kjironman1

You really cannot read at all.

14. kjironman1

I agreed with that many many posts ago. Like my very first post in response. Go back and read.

15. BonesJones

But I said he wasn't realistic and you said this:
    Honestly, these two quotes seem contradictory to me, but maybe I'm misinterpreting what you were really trying to say, which is why I'm trying to gain clarity on it.

16. kjironman1

Literally my very first response to your statement said he will get paid. There is an assumption made there. The Bucks will pay him and keep him. The Blazers would not be able to get him. This is a statement made on this forum daily. Not sure why it is alluding both of you?

17. kjironman1

Sure and my response to Hoops was "I should rephrase that "I am a fan" instead of "WE". Because you and hoops obviously don't want to be caught up in the 'We" part.

18. BonesJones

So you said that he wasn't realistic then said that, as fans, "we really don't know who is "Realistic" or "Not Realistic""?

That's the only post that makes no sense to me. It seems contradictory to other things your saying. I think that's the post we've been discussing, and outside of that, we agree.

19. BonesJones

What?

hoopsjock likes this.
  20. kjironman1

You guys just don't read well. I think it has something to do with Millennial's and the way written word is taught these days.