Game Thread GAME# 73: BLAZERS @ LAKERS - MARCH 26, 2017 - SUNDAY, 6:30 PM (PST), NBATV & KGW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Mar 25, 2017.

?

Who is the best low post player on the Blazers?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2017.
  1. Vonleh

3.6%
  2. Nurkic

89.3%
  3. Turner

3.6%
  4. Harkless

3.6%
  5. Leonard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Aminu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Just to piss you off.

Immortal.

theprunetang likes this.
  2. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Agree to disagree. By the way, I don't hate you. I'm a bit like Jesus and don't hate people I disagree with. I might change my name to thejesustang: Turning cheeks and opting for wine over water. Also, who wants to give me some fish and bread. It is needed.

Chris Craig likes this.
  3. Jade Falcon

Thanks bro, but....you weren't on my list. We're good, you and I.

Besides the people I listed, I'm pretty sure I get along (for the most part) with everyone else.

4. theprunetang

I will say that I can't back any of your political posts in OT. But, I don't care. We are all different. I also have a lot of family that voted for Trump and have figured out a good way to just be cool with each other, regardless of opinions. I just wanted to say that I don't hate you. Positive reinforcement is good sometimes.

5. Jade Falcon

Dude....I feel like giving you a major bro hug.

[​IMG]

I appreciate that. For the record, there's only one person on this forum that I listed who I genuinely dislike. The rest of those folks just annoy me sometimes. But I don't have anything personal against them.

Dviss is unique in that he just makes me shake my head in sadness at some of the things he says. I mean...he REALLY doesn't like people on the Right. But I don't dislike him, or even hate him.

Myself, I'm a Moderate who's just Right of center, and technically a Libertarian. In fact, I've voted Libertarian before (Bob Barr). But usually, I vote Republican only because I want my vote to count. I feel like if I vote Libertarian, it would be essentially throwing my vote away. That's my personal take on it.

I've repeatedly said that if the GOP had put forth a better candidate than Trump, I would have voted for them in a heart beat. I get the feeling that many on the Left feel the same way with Hillary.

Many are surprised when they find out that I actually used to be a Liberal Democrat. From my teens into my early/mid 20s.

But....what the Democrat party has become now is a joke. And I just can't bring myself to vote for any of them. BUT....that doesn't mean I don't still have many Left-leaning beliefs.

-I support LGBT rights.
    -I want a clean environment (which I believe we can have, while not intruding on job creation)
    -I support legalizing weed
    -I support legal immigration

But when it comes to the Right, I simply believe in those things also:

-Gun Rights
    -Support for the police and the rule of law
    -Lower taxes
    -Smaller government (States Rights)

Nobody has to be any one thing. And make no mistake...there are PLENTY of things that I disagree with the Trump Administration, and Trump himself, about. The difference here though, is that I simply choose to watch, listen, and study objectively the things that he does, before I give my judgement on him.

Posting a bunch of "OMG, THE SKY IS FALLING!111!!!" posts doesn't do it for me. I'm a quiet observer, and yeah...occasionally, it does bug the fuck out of me some of the things I read on this forum about him.

But that doesn't mean I hate anyone. There's only one person whom I really dislike, and I'm quite sure he knows who he is. Everyone else is alright in my book.

So don't worry about it. We're all good.

If I've ever given anyone here the impression that I hate them, then I apologize for that.

theprunetang likes this.
  6. theprunetang

You've never given me reason to think you hate me. My mom and dad are Trump supporters and I can't hate them. They are the ones who gave me the education to think the way I do. It turned out different from their views, but, they gave me the leeway to to create my own ideas. Great parents. I feel bad sometimes that myself and my two sisters all ended up with a liberal mindset after our church education. But they did the right thing and let us come to our own conclusions. We are cool Jade.

SlyPokerDog and Jade Falcon like this.
  7. Jade Falcon

My family all grew up in the Bay Area. My parents were Flower Children during the 60s and 70s; my father once told me that he went to about 100 Grateful Dead concerts in his life, and he's an expert on that band. They were both major hippies, and still are to an extent. Especially my mother, lol, who's always been in touch with nature.

My only surviving Aunt on my mother's side, her sister, married my uncle John as a young woman (long before I was born), and he just retired from a life of service as a Baptist Minster in Arnold, California. So they are deeply religious people, and probably the only Conservatives on that side of the family.

If anyone was destined to grow up a hard-core Liberal, then it was certainly me.

However, I also started Cub Scouts as a child in California, and went into Boy Scouts when we moved up here in 1995. When I was there, I was surrounded, and was mentored by, many former soldiers and Conservative, God-fearing men. In fact, if it hadn't been for them, then there's a possibility my life would have turned pretty ugly, as my home life as a teenager was not stable. My scoutmaster, Dennis, became like a father to me, and I still love and respect the man to this day (should probably stop by and see how he's doing).

Then I went into Explorer Scouts (Vancouver Police) when I was 16, and stayed there until I was 21. I also befriended and admired many of the men and women who ran that Post, and learned my love and respect for Law Enforcement from them. I still occasionally keep in touch with an officer who was like a brother to me (a devout Christian Conservative from Arizona); a friend when I really needed one.

So I guess when you take that broad aspect of my life and look at it entirely, it's easy to see why I'm a Moderate on most issues.

I think it's outstanding that we can tell these stories about ourselves, and relate to one-another on here.

Chris Craig and theprunetang like this.
  8. theprunetang

This is a great story. Thanks for sharing. We are all Blazers fans, but we all have different backgrounds. I grew up like the documentary "Jesus Camp" and I'm not joking. When I was 12, my parents had me holding up anti abortion signs during protests in Roseburg. I didn't even know what I was doing. I've since become pretty comfortable with what I think about things. But, I still get hit with the religious vibe when I'm feeling bad. I can't help it. Peep a song I wrote about this very thought.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  9. Jade Falcon

That's a good song bro! You wrote that? Mad skills.

I think it's fascinating how different people can be from one-another, and even more so if you look at the person's history and see how they grew up, and what encouraged their beliefs.

Take @riverman for example. From what I understand, he grew up on a farm, and went into the Military (Navy?). If it's anyone who one would think would become a Conservative Republican, it would probably be him. And yet...he comes across to me as very Liberal.

I find that very....puzzling, but also very interesting.

I think that speaks that all of us have the ability to be our own unique people. And that's beautiful.

Yelawolf wrote a song a couple years back that really speaks to me. He completely blows away the stereotypes of what you would think about white people from the deep south. He's a guy who loves guns and the outdoor, blue-collar life, but he's also the father of a mixed-race son, and he's a rap artist.

Talk about blowing away the stereotypes!

This is my favorite song of his, and one of my favorite songs ever.

theprunetang likes this.
  10. Jade Falcon

11. theprunetang

I did write that. And being a douche canoe, I shared it. I've felt love in this forum for a long time . @magnifier661 helped me pay for my tour and we disagree on politics. No worries. We are all good.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  12. Jade Falcon

Dude, any more love in this THREAD, and we'd be having sex! :happy::ghoti::lol:

theprunetang likes this.
  13. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Yelawolf is one of my favorite rappers but that song with kid rock is so bad.

14. Jade Falcon

lol, I admit it's not for everyone. Is it a song I'd want to listen to every day? No. A couple times a year? Sure.

15. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

16. Dougnsalem

Dougnsalem not barf

Just thought I'd post the standings, after this win.... Screenshot_2017-03-26-21-48-47.png
    I had no charger, and as you can see, this thread almost killed off my phone....

#reversejinxapplied

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  17. BosnianChampion

BosnianChampion Well-Known Member

I work for Uncle Phil
    I follow Harkless and Aminu and they do the same most games too. It's pretty normal.

18. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Are you defending Butters ? You know that's forbidden around here

19. BosnianChampion

I work for Uncle Phil
    Haha I see that! He's not a very good player and I think I know what the mental block is, but the posts getting down on him about tweets like they're evidence of something bad are just dumb.

BBert, Dougnsalem and SIeepwalker like this.
  20. BosnianChampion

I work for Uncle Phil
    HAHAHAHA so true! I love Solaris but not many supermodels in the movie!