Game Thread GAME# 8: TIMBERWOLVES @ BLAZERS - JANUARY 7, 2021 - THURSDAY, 7:00 PM, NBCSNW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Jan 5, 2021.

?

Who's the biggest ball hog on the Blazers?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2021.
  1. Dame

2.2%
  2. McCollum

19.6%
  3. Melo

63.0%
  4. Trent

4.3%
  5. Simons

2.2%
  6. Other

2.2%
  7. Blevins

6.5%
  1. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I already know you are not Hoops. The point is more aligned with repeating him almost word for word mixed with the "drop scheme" defense. You do understand basketball i presume? So you would also understand every team uses one of as many as 20 different "Drop Scheme" type defenses depending on the mobility of the players involved. Even the Lakers with Anthony Davis use a "Drop Scheme" . They also hedge just as much as the Blazers. The difference is they have a much more athletic center that can use lateral quickness and they have arguably the highest BBIQ to ever play the game along side of him. Go watch the Clippers, Warriors, Rockets and even the Jazz. They are all using it at some point in one form or another.
    The next issue is the statement or thought that this is the exact same defense this team has played for many years. It absolutely is not the same as last year with the players they had. It is absolutely not the same as the year before with the players they had which was different again from the year before with the players we were playing then as well. Again i presume you know basketball so if you would like to do a little of your own research and prove me wrong then so be it.

2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Also anytime you begin to get frustrated about language please be assured we all respect and support you here and will never give you grief for that issue. If you would like you are also more than welcome to post in your native language to me and i will put in the effort to translate as best as i can.

3. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    I've never understood the "triple the all-stars" bit. That was back when all-stars actually picked a center. They don't do that anymore and instead often pick 3 forwards or 3 guards. Honestly, who is the better center, Duck or Nurk? Same with CJ vs Porter? Drexler was a runner up MVP to the Goat which is much higher than I ever expect Dame will finish.

The may be an argument either way, but those players got all-star selections BECAUSE the team was winning and going deep into the Playoffs. That gets you more recognition. The Blazers seemingly get off to a slow start almost every year (which hurts voting for a mid-season all-star game) and then are most often out in the first round and also often swept. That is not going to get a fringe player (like Porter) or even a not really fringe player (like Duck) many votes if that were the case back then.

Adelman was a much better coach (the NBA is still using some of the things he ran) and some people forget how good and how much of a physical presence Clyde was. Yes, some people don't like how he left, but when you rise to the level of runner up MVP to the Greatest of All Time, that is quite the level of achievment.

Tince likes this.
  4. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

All star teams really about popularity for the starters and the big market has the advantage. Then I believe the coaches pick the rest of the team and those goes which teams are playing the best at the time. So you probably will never see 2 players on the blazers on all star team but the only way maybe if we was 1st place in the league.