GAME ONE STANLEY CUP FINALS

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Messiah717, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Unless you have had your head up your ass you need to see that this is what the Kings do. They sit back and wait for their chances and they don't give up. The Rangers didn't blow anything tonight. They simply didn't play well enough for 60 minutes to win tonight against a very good hockey team.

2. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Well, that's where we agree to disagree Mess. To me we 100% blew a huge chance tonight. When you go up 2-0, and then get into OT in game 1 on the road that is a huge chance to steal one Mess. So we disagree there for sure. We agree on everything else, but we disagree there. All good.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Yeah for sure it was an opportunity lost and tough to swallow but i like the way they looked for the most part. Most part.lol

4. Messiah717

If you have watched the playoffs the Kings have done it several times. A 2-0 lead means shit against them if you stop playing. When you get outshot 20-3 in the third you're just lucky to get to an overtime. You can't play one period and expect to win.

5. chuckd3534

For sure, that is what the Kings do big time. BUT that still doesn't mean we didn't blow a huge chance to steal one Mess, IMO we did.

We played well for 2 periods, and then shut it off, I agree. But 2-0 is 2-0. We had a great chance to steal it. We didn't and wilted in the 3rd/OT. We move on to a must win Saturday night game 2.

Is what it is.

6. chuckd3534

Bad bounce? I saw Girardi fall on his a**. I defer to AV, but not sure I agree there. He knows better, so maybe it was a bad bounce. What do I know.

7. Ranger71

I feel more confident after watching this game about the series than i did going in. Getting one win for sure there would've awesome, but with the way this team responds and is coached at least we know they won't get mentally down. If they had lost 4-1 with an empty netter i'd probably feel it's over in 5. It's not like we blew a 3-0 lead, they just chipped and won on a blunder. Sucks but it was an even game.

8. Messiah717

Well before he fell the puck bounced over his stick. He just made a terrible decision to try and throw the puck up the boards from his knees.

9. chuckd3534

It was an even game if you throw out the 3rd/OT sc...:).

Look, I agree with you. You cannot panic now. We win Saturday and we got exactly what we needed.

Until then...:).

10. chuckd3534

Yes Mess. But like you said the issue wasn't the bounce, the issue was him falling on his ass and instead of eating it he made a weak pass to a King.

After the puck bounced he got nervous, I am sure that is why he fell...panic.

11. Messiah717

Too many guys didn't have their heads in the game tonight either. Nash, Richards, St. Louis and Stepan just to name a few were completely clueless.

12. Messiah717

I said that. His panic decision to just throw the puck to the point was absurd.

13. Ranger71

:) They had a bunch of chances 3/2 that as usual weren't converted so even with a nonexistent 3rd they couldve had 4/5 goals. LA also gave up a sh goal so thats a blunder on their part.

14. Ranger71

Anyone else have a problem with msg freezing up here and there?

15. Messiah717

I've never seen a team blow more odd man rushes than the Rangers. A lot of times can't even get a shot.

16. Ranger71

Stepan is just pathetic so i expect nothing more from him right now. And I'm biting my tongue on Girardi you know generally how i feel about him, though im sure he feels awful.

17. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Oh my god, the rangers lost in OT in game 1 on the road. This guys sucks, that guy sucks. Trade that guy, replace all centers. The team is in the stanley cup finals for the first time in gazillion years. Lets have some faith here, guys. Struds and pasta already jumped ship as soon as the rangers are down. What else is new.

18. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Not jumping ship Step but I really felt they hd a chance to win this game. They made dumb mistakes. Girardi, Stepan, and Dorsett is the reason why the Kings scored.

And the only reason I mentioned I might not watch the game is because I will have to switched plans I made and I'm not sure I want to do that. On the other hand, I can't imagine missing a game 2. I'll be in transit during game 3 and will def miss it. I'm not happy about that.

19. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Fair enough struds.

20. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

It is what it is step. But I'm Still going to try to switch plans so I can watch game 2 lol