GAME THREAD: BLAZERS @ HORNETS - NOVEMBER 26, 2014 - WEDNESDAY, 4:00 PM (PST), CSN

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Darkwebs, Nov 24, 2014.

1. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Re: GAME THREAD: BLAZERS @ HORNETS - NOVEMBER 26, 2014 - WEDNESDAY, 4:00 PM (PST), CS

Yeah it's really entertaining!

2. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Re: GAME THREAD: BLAZERS @ HORNETS - NOVEMBER 26, 2014 - WEDNESDAY, 4:00 PM (PST), CS

Holy crap that Lopez put back in the 4th!

And then a huge block a minute later!!

3. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic

Maybe I'm nitpicking but has anyone noticed that LMA's explosion is noticeably watered down?

His quickness is there but he's throwing down Kaman-esque oldman dunks.

4. Blazersfan161

Blazersfan161 Member

9 in a row..woo. love this team.

5. blazerboy30

blazerboy30 Well-Known Member

Studies have shown that there is no such thing as having a hot hand or a cold night. It's just the way the statistics and probabilities fall out.

So you have absolutely no basis for claiming that LMA should stop shooting based on a previous series of shots.

You're just being emotional about it instead of rational.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Even superstars are human. Take Serena Williams for example. She has a great serve but once in a blue moon she'll double fault her way to a loss after absolutely dominating on serve most of the time. In other words, give Lamarcus a break!

7. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

i'm taking a stats course right now and can 100% vouch for this.

8. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant

Shooting a basketball isn't the same as flipping a coin. Things like skill and mechanics and shot selection make a big difference. Sometimes you're feeling it and sometimes you're not.

A couple of posters made a reasonable argument that when a player is having a bad shooting night they should look to pass more to someone who is in a groove.

Another poster showed that statistically, LaMarcus did that by taking fewer shots than normal.

A counter argument was that sometimes a known shooter needs to keep shooting to get their groove back. Also those shots are part of the checkers game that is our offense, which generally works pretty freaking well.

Most of the rest of that pissing match was childish crap that obliterated what should have been a simple exchange of opinions. I don't think flaming people putting words in their mouths or misrepresenting their position because of a different viewpoint is conducive to good or creative dialogue.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    Darkwebs likes this.
  9. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I said I wasn't going to post again, lied. I just wanted to say that these two posts are the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.

I know that some people like to take everything they are taught as gospel but anyone who has ever played basketball for more than 5 minutes knows this is bullshit. The human variable is enough to know this isn't true. Fear of missing or embarrassing yourself further can make one hesitate to shoot.

You can use your statistics on robots....then I will call you wrong because robots will wear as all machines do and your statistics will be wrong again.

10. magnifier661

Hey I woke up and saw the Blazers won this game!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful that this team is really good!

11. BBert

Selfless Public Servant

Me too! I heard Aldridge had a big night rebounding and on defense.

You know what they say: Scoring wins games but defense and rebounding wins championships!

Go Blazers!

:cheers:

12. magnifier661

GAME THREAD: BLAZERS @ HORNETS - NOVEMBER 26, 2014 - WEDNESDAY, 4:00 PM (PST)...

Yeah I watched the game again last night and he was very important to our win. It's nice that we can still beat teams when they take an offense from one of our stars away.

Btw, we are still top 7 in most defensive categories, while still being the #1 rebounding team in the league

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  13. BBert

Selfless Public Servant

We got too many guns bro! They ain't stopping the Stotts Boys. We gunslingers!