Game Thread: Boston @ Toronto (04/07)

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Chutney, Nov 3, 2007.

1. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

KG with a nice screen for Ray Allen to get open....man I really wanted the Raptors to win this game so we could silence everyone, at least we werent a pushover to the "FAVORITES" Boston Celtics.</p>

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Hell of a game. Competent coaching could've won this game for us. I don't think I have any other post-game comments.

Let's bounce back against Milwaukee and hopefully Bosh can build off an excellent 2 and a half quarters of basketball.</p>

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Guys remember that Doc wasn't with the team.</p>

What a game, haha, I'm so happy. 2 down, 80 to go. [​IMG]</p>

<font size="5">GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font></p>

4. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

Close close game, if the Raptors could have started off the game a little better and played for the entire 4 quarters we could have came away with the win here. Oh well we have Milwaukee, Orlando and Philly over the next 5 days I think we can possibly take all 3 of those.</p>

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

What a game, haha, I'm so happy. 2 down, 80 to go. [​IMG]</p>

<font size="5">GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font></p>

</div></p>

</p>

Yea, lol. You guys won't be that lucky every game.

Good game, though. Congrats on the win (we got you next time).</p>

6. hollagr8

hollagr8 JBB JustBBall Member

Good game guys. Actually Toronto did alot better than I thought they would against team. Just think what would happen if Bargnani was hitting his shots. It was a bad day for him but he'll be okay. Go Raps Go. If that's the best that the Atlantic division has to offer we'll have no problems taking this division. Bear in mind guys that we weren't hitting our shots that we normally made and it was close. Toronto will win the Atlantic division.</p>

7. CelticKing

Good game Chutney. lol</p>

Lot of questionable calls from the refs, and having both Rondo and KG with 5 fouls on the bench hurt us and thats how we lost the lead. Otherwise it wouldn't have gone to OT.</p>

</p>

8. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</p>

</div></p>

Doc Rivers is worth like negative five points a game, same as our coach.(sorry i had to use that)</p>

What the hell we're we doing for those first 3 1/2 quarters? We should have fixed our offensive problems well before 6 minutes left in the fourth.</p>

9. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Yea, this is the Sam Mitchell that frustrated me to no end last season. The main problems I had with him:

- Late substitutions that were just inexcusable (letting TJ play on forever, not subbing in Delfino when Kapono was gettin lit up by Ray Allen, etc.)
    - Barely used any timeouts in the first half when we looked lethargic out there.
    - No defensive adjustments were made when KG scored like 8 points in OT, using the exact same play.

There were other things that annoyed me, but those were huge problems all game long.

Positives:

- Bosh picked up his play towards the end and looked like the one we're all used to.
    - Despite his crappy shooting night, Bargnani had the most impressive defense/rebounding performance I've seen from him so far.
    - We played excellent team D for the majority of the game, and it kept us in the game when we were playing like crap on offense.
    - Boston doesn't look head and shoulders above the rest of the Division, like I originally feared. They're a heck of a team, but very beatable.</p>

10. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Some quick notes before I write my recap:</p>

1. We played excellent defense all night long.</p>

2. This is not a homer comment at all... those refs were absolutely friggen disgusting towards Boston today. What a friggen joke... absolutely ridiculous.</p>

3. I hate Comcast Sports Net, because the video froze with like 7.7 seconds left. So, I had to listen to audio for Ford's 3 and Ray Allen's game winner. Sure, I finally saw the highlight of the shot 5 minutes ago, but still. Talk about terrible timing with those technical difficulties.</p>

4. Ray Allen... I love you. Jesus, Jesus!</p>

11. a13x

a13x JBB JustBBall Member

This is just repeating what i said before but: why did we play bosh on Garnett in OT? Bosh had logged heavy minutes and was pretty tired. On top of that we were asking him to post up every time down the floor after that. They should have switched Bargnani over to Garnett after they realized Bosh wasn't stopping him.</p>

12. CelticKing

Yea what the hell happend? Technical difficulties? The game is not on mars as far as I know.</p>

And the refs, I agree, were terrible, we'd probably have won the game by 20 pts with the way the Raps were playing the first half.</p>

13. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Damn, I'm pissed. I can't even talk about how angry I am Ray Allen got that 3 off. Good game though, I think next time we will win it for sure. We were so off in the first half, it was horrible.</p>

14. skip

skip BBW Member

WOW, what an ugly game. It was horrible up until the last few minutes. Raptors definitely played like crap today, nobody was making their shots. We could have easily won this one, but gotta give props to the C's. They have 3 players that can beat you in the crunch. These two teams are dead even, and I predict the Atlantic Title will come down to the very last game. Boston is very beatable, and I think that the Raptors will beat them next time around. At the end of the day, with the big 3 logging heavy minutes through the season, they're going to come up short at the end of the season, and will be way too tired. Raptors>Celtics at the end of the season.</p>

15. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

I don't mind getting beaten by star power. It happens. We have to develop our own.</p>

Tough game. Good showing by the Raps to play so poorly in the first half and still force the Celts to win by a buzzer-beater in OT.</p>

The Raps will have no fear of the Celts or any Eastern team from now on.</p>

16. CelticBalla32

You guys can check out my game recap by clicking this link. Despite the putrid officiating, great game guys!</p>

17. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

What calls are you talking about specifically?

The officiating is never going to be 100% correct but the game's outcome wasnt due to the officials, they let them play so I really wanna get your feedback on what specific calls you thought were horrible?</p>

18. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MosDefinitely)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

What calls are you talking about specifically?

The officiating is never going to be 100% correct but the game's outcome wasnt due to the officials, they let them play so I really wanna get your feedback on what specific calls you thought were horrible?</p>

</div></p>

Are you kidding me? The refs let them play? Yeah... you guys. We "committed" 28 fouls in this game, and I would say 8 of them were bad calls or should have been no-calls, such as Posey standing completely still and Ford ran into the pick/fell. That's not a foul, because Posey didn't move and was there a second before Ford ran into him. Then you've got them calling offensive goaltending on KG when the ball was under the rim, nobody had a hand on the ball, and Chris Bosh's hand actually grabbed the net. Then you've got them calling an over-the-back on Pierce when he was actually in front of and underneath Bargnani. Then you've got Pierce jumping for a rebound off the free throw, jumping straight up with really no contact, and they call a foul. Then you've got 3 Raptors bumping Perk inside, then after 3 bumps they call a travel. Then you've got a ton of ticky-tack fouls where Perk/KG lightly tapped a Raptor player... it's a physical game, or should be. Bodies will touch... but just because they touch doesn't mean it's a foul.</p>

I don't understand how anybody can watch that game and not see how horrendously one-sided that game was officiated, no offense.</p>

</p>

19. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

Some calls could have been non-calls but the Posey one, from the angle of the broadcast camera it looked like Posey leaned into Ford. Peirce's foul was definitley over the back, his hand was right over Bargnani's shoulder. The only calls I would call suspect would be KG's foul on Bargnani behind the 3 point line, he did get him on the arm but it didnt effect his shot in any way and it was after the shot, and then KG's foul on Bosh near the end where Bosh kind of jumped onto KG's back.</p>

20. CelticBalla32

If those are the only 2 calls you put in question, I don't know what to tell ya. I've got 100's of Celtics fans who feel the same way and know that we were killed by the officials. Hell, even a Raptor fan on another site had this to say:</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Yes, I was at the realgm chatroom, going wild, praising the refs on how they are saving our asses. I'm not denying that cause it's the truth.</p>

</div></p>

I'm not a biased fan either, and I usually just laugh when Tommy Heinsohn makes good calls sound terrible just because they are against us... but today was horrid and unbearable for me.</p>