Game Thread: Cavs vs. Warriors - 1/20/07

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Doctor Kajita, Jan 20, 2007.

1. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

Imagine adding Davis and healthy J-Rich to the mix now [​IMG]
    Rooney can flat out pass&shoot, who cares if he can't run fast.
    Jackson is getting a nice fresh start, defending like Dun never could, and hitting 3s like crazy...

2. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

Jackson has impressed me so far from the box score and what I've been able to watch from that online feed which has been horrendous for me.

3. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Jackson has impressed me so far from the box score and what I've been able to watch from that <u>online feed which has been horrendous for me.</u></div>
    I have prety good picture (audio is chinise). I am using SopCast on http://myp2p.eu/NBA.htm

4. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Kind of an aside, but I was just reading the Pacers-Knicks recap and noticed that Dun's new number is 17. Is that in honor of Mullin perhaps?

5. Gohn

Thanks for the tip hipokrat. I'll try Sopcast. I'm using TV Ants and have tried PPmate already with little luck.

EDIT: Awesome, it works. Thanks a lot!

6. Gohn

Yikes, I start watching and the lead gets cut to seven.

7. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I was saying a whole bunch of wows with how the NEW Warriors were scoring and all, but now it's become a whole bunch of oh ohs...

Now it's more a game.

8. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

With the way SJax has been lighting it up, That Jrich for AK-47 trade sounds better and better. Dude is on fire!

Plus, he's playing stellar defense.

9. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Man, I knew Stephen Jackson would thrive in this offense. He's a mostly good all-around player with quickness for 6'8, but watch out for his bad emotions. He might get a little crazy with decision-making. So far he's been everything we wish Dunleavy could be. Aggressive, driving, posting up, and making smart passes.... and shooting it. Plus, when he feels like it, playing defense.

10. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

He may be crazy in the head, but he's also crazy good. Talk about an instant upgrade over Dunleavy.

11. AlleyOop

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He may be crazy in the head, but he's also crazy good. Talk about an instant upgrade over Dunleavy.</div>

Couldn't have said it better. He's playing excellent defense, and making terrific passes to boot. Wow.

12. Custodianrules2

Man what was Barnes doing!?? Give it to the point guard! No way you're going iso to close out the third, buddy. He should have coughed it up to Sjax or Sarunas.

13. AlleyOop

Through three quarters, Stephen Jackson:

24pts / 4reb / 4ast / 5 steals

14. Gohn

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Man what was Barnes doing!?? Give it to the point guard! No way you're going iso to close out the third, buddy. He should have coughed it up to Sjax or Sarunas.</div>
    Haha, that was what Nelly was screaming. I'm not sure if you could hear him on the FSN broadcast, but on this SopCast feed you can hear the players and coaches shouting and talking. Plus they have these great Chinese commercials.

15. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">Duckmyster Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Jackson is looking a lot better at SF than Dunleavy ever did.</div>

This has got be the understatement of the year! [​IMG]

The Warriors still need to rebound better. Cavs got guys who can crash the boards.

16. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Haha, that was what Nelly was screaming. I'm not sure if you could hear him on the FSN broadcast, but on this SopCast feed you can hear the players and coaches shouting and talking. Plus they have these great Chinese commercials.</div>

Gotta love the CG pigs haha

17. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Gohn Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Haha, that was what Nelly was screaming. I'm not sure if you could hear him on the FSN broadcast, but on this SopCast feed you can hear the players and coaches shouting and talking. Plus they have these great Chinese commercials.</div>

Nelly was screaming something? LOL.

Two of the pacers are looking good tonight, but Harrington has been a guy who has been forcing up a lot of stuff and just isn't playing inside that much compared to somebody like Ike. But I like Al Harrington's handle. He's an interesting player because he can handle the ball and has a face-up and back-to-the-basket game. It's kind of similar to how Sjax can handle the ball too, but Sjax is the better passer obviously. Harrington's kind of a blackhole and the behind the back pass was nice but it was kind of stupid to do unless it was a sure thing basket.

I really like the new team now. We got rid of the two players I didn't much care for and we got more athletic and smarter because I'm not a huge fan of the way Barnes/Pietrus were playing. Also, I think AZ should get bumped up in the rotation.

18. AlleyOop

Man -- Rooney just looks very controlled -- you feel safe when the ball is in his hands.

I never felt that way about McClang. Thank you basketball gods!!

19. Gohn

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Nelly was screaming something? LOL.</div>

Well not screaming, I used the wrong word. He was yelling at Barnes to pass to Rooney.

20. Custodianrules2

We gotta swap out Harrington. He ain't doing anything for us. I hate to say it, but put in Foyle!