Game Thread -- Game 2

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AlleyOop, Apr 25, 2007.

1. TimmyDMVP

TimmyDMVP JBB JustBBall Member

Sorry i dont get the game here, why did he get ejected?

2. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

<div class="quote_poster">TimmyDMVP Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry i dont get the game here, why did he get ejected?</div>

He was "showing up" the refs....[​IMG] lol

Warriors still in it.. There are down by 9. Lets go Monta!

3. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

for clapping but he allready had a thecnical so with a thechnical for clapping=thrown out.

4. NewYorkBalla33

NewYorkBalla33 JBB JustBBall Member

first he almost got in a fight, then hegot a foul then he started to clap,he kept clapping and the ref told him to stop but he didn't so he got ejected.

5. NewYorkBalla33

9 point game game come on WARRIORS!!!!

6. TimmyDMVP

TimmyDMVP JBB JustBBall Member

Damn, that sucks i bet they can pull it off though

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Baron was really pushing it... but I figure he did what he had to do so that the Warriors can learn how to play as a team without him... At least I'd like to think that and that he didn't lose his cool and do something extremely dumb.

Hopefully, he gets rested for the next few home games... The dubs ain't going to win crap if we keep making too many stupid mistakes that the Mavs keep converting into points or quick fouls on us. You guys called it right about the foul trouble... Jeez... Never send in Pietrus before Azu... damn... 6 minutes... 3 or 4 fouls... My god... out of control and just totally incapable of correcting his past mistakes and habits.

8. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

Nice set of moves for Jackson. He has been stopping the time and getting to the line. Warriors down by 11.

9. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

WTF is up with all these foul calls man i swear the Refs never give us any calls

10. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

WTF? Baron being tossed was one thing now they toss Jackson and basically just end the game for the W's? He wasn't doing anything beyond just arguing with the refs, which they let go on all night.

11. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    "The Warriors have to get it down to single digits, Jim."

But the calls are going against the Warriors and they can't hit the 3s. At least hit the 2s. Groan.

Oh my another foul against the Warriors. Jackson gone. It's over.

12. tracymcgrady_01

tracymcgrady_01 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, dont blame the refs for this loss.. I hate idiot fans who blame refs when they lose.. LOOK AT THE OTHER FUCKING STUFF YOUR TEAM DID.. ITS NOT REFS.. IT MAYBE 20% of the loss by the refs but 80% is the majority and its your team sucking in game 2..

13. NewYorkBalla33

Sjax Got Ejected, That Is Some Bulls**t.

14. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Warriors lost this game by playing sloppy (turnovers) and then losing their cool.

That's what happened. The Mavs wouldn't be this far ahead if they hadn't mishandled the posession or committed so many dumb fouls. The game should have been a bit closer but the Warriors just didn't play well.

I think in the playoffs, we're like the Lakers... Unless we play it perfectly, we ain't going to match up with a top 3 Conference team.

15. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

We will be ready on friday! Its gonna be electric at oracle!

16. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

One good thing out of this is that we took one home game away from them. Its better than going into the Oracle down 2-0

17. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think in the playoffs, we're like the Lakers... Unless we play it perfectly, we ain't going to match up with a top 3 Conference team.</div>

We played like crap in game 1 too though and still won. I'm glad the series is coming to Oakland now, hopefully Harrington and J-Rich get it going at home and Baron and Jackson will come out focused.

18. scania612

scania612 JBB JustBBall Member

i agree....if you take away the turnovers...the warriors would have won

19. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Warriors lost this game by playing sloppy (turnovers) and then losing their cool.

That's what happened. The Mavs wouldn't be this far ahead if they hadn't mishandled the posession or committed so many dumb fouls. The game should have been a bit closer but the Warriors just didn't play well.

I think in the playoffs, we're like the Lakers... Unless we play it perfectly, we ain't going to match up with a top 3 Conference team.</div>

Yeah, the Warriors were sloppy, but I think they did get it down to single digits in the 4th. But then they fell apart, and got called for a bunch of dumb fouls.

Next game, they got to start playing as a team again and pass the ball. Their ball movement was non-existent in the second half. Oh yeah, play some D, too. They gotta be smarter and keep their emotions in check. SJax and Baron especially.

20. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Next game, they got to start playing as a team again and pass the ball. Their ball movement was non-existent in the second half. Oh yeah, play some D, too. They gotta be smarter and keep their emotions in check. SJax and Baron especially.</div>

totally agree. Even in the first half, though they were only down 2 points at halftime, they played a lot of 1-on-1 ball, and that really continued in the 2nd half. Baron shooting iso turnaround fade-aways, SJax going 1-on-1 of the dribble, JRich trying to go 1-on-1 off the dribble -- it really didn't look like they were running a lot of plays, and the BIGGEST thing that happens there is that your supporting cast can't step up when you don't include them.

Barnes, Pietrus, Biedrins.

Those three are the key. In game one their leaders got them involved. They played great D, ran without the ball, and were ready to respond.

Tonight, the team still played great D for stretches, but they had lapses, and early on it seemed Terry and harris were getting by Monta. Also, on the other end, there were just WAY too many turnovers and missed opportunities and not enough team play.

The good news is that Dallas didn't really play all that special. If the Warriors can get back to what they did in the first game (and that closing 16-5 stretch of the regular season), Dallas will still need to rise to another level. They're capable, though. Dallas is a stacked team and they have a tremendous home crowd. They are the #1 seed afterall.

But GS can do it. The reason I feel this way is because they don't need to do anything different than they had been doing to get here. Run, pass, finish, and on D, keep hassling the ball handlers. It will be a challenge for GS to have the gas to sustain that intensity for a 7 game series, let alone an entire post-season. It is an exhausting style of play, especially when you have an 8-man rotation.

But GS can do it. Leave it on the court now, then sleep in on an extended vacation to Maui -- celebrating a historic championship!!!!

It doesn't hurt that a pair of very primo tickets just fell into my lap for the Friday game. Thank you basketball gods.