GAME THREAD: GAME THREAD: NBA: BOSTON (4-0) at NEW JERSEY (4-1)

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by SportsTicker, Nov 10, 2007.

1. hollagr8

hollagr8 JBB JustBBall Member

Re: NBA: BOSTON (4-0) at NEW JERSEY (4-1)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

We were playing without 2 of our bench players, one being our 2nd best defender, the other one....well its veal, lol, but you guys had Carter from the beginning. Also Pollard was out too.</p>

</div></p>

I can't wait for the Celtics to go on a losing streak to stop the gloating of you Celtic King.. LOL.. You're not going to beat Detroit, and just wait till it gets deeper into the season. I'm not even a Nets fan, but just stop the gloating.</p>

</p>

2. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (44Thrilla)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black Republican)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Garbage time w/ starters on da floor?</p>

</div></p>

Well yeah, considering 2bench playerswere ruled out and one was fouled out, they pretty much had no choicebut to play them late in the game with a 20 point lead. </p>

</div></p>

Thank you BR, I was about to say the same.</p>

Yeah you guys lost 2 bench players. We lost Vince Carter. There's a discrepency.</p>

Also, you lost that 20 point lead.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

Are you serious?</p>

1) I only brought up the 2 bench players to explain why there were starters still on the floor in the 4th.</p>

2) I find it hilarious that you guys came into this game talking like you were some elite team, yet now you're so proud of the fact that you won one quarter of a game. It's like some kind of identity crisis.</p>

3. hollagr8

hollagr8 JBB JustBBall Member

[quote name='44Thrilla']</p>

[quote name='GMJigga']</p>

[quote name='44Thrilla']</p>

[quote name='Black Republican']</p>

Garbage time w/ starters on da floor?</p>

[/QUOTE]</p>

Well yeah, considering 2bench playerswere ruled out and one was fouled out, they pretty much had no choicebut to play them late in the game with a 20 point lead. </p>

[/QUOTE]</p>

Thank you BR, I was about to say the same.</p>

Yeah you guys lost 2 bench players. We lost Vince Carter. There's a discrepency.</p>

Also, you lost that 20 point lead.</p>

</p>

[/QUOTE]</p>

Are you serious?</p>

1) I only brought up the 2 bench players to explain why there were starters still on the floor in the 4th.</p>

2) I find it hilarious that you guys came into this game talking like you were some elite team, yet now you're so proud of the fact that you won one quarter of a game. It's like some kind of identity crisis.</p>

[/QUOTE]</p>

This is hilarious [​IMG]</p>

</p>

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hollagr8)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

We were playing without 2 of our bench players, one being our 2nd best defender, the other one....well its veal, lol, but you guys had Carter from the beginning. Also Pollard was out too.</p>

</div></p>

I can't wait for the Celtics to go on a losing streak to stop the gloating of you Celtic King.. LOL.. You're not going to beat Detroit, and just wait till it gets deeper into the season. I'm not even a Nets fan, but just stop the gloating.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

How am I gloating? I don't understand you.</p>

</p>

5. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (44Thrilla)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Are you serious?</p>

</div></p>

1) So it had nothing to do with the fact that a 20+ lead got reduced to 8? C'monnnnnnn</p>

2) I don't think anyone is currently defending us as making an elite team. Read our posts: we're seeing a silver lining in a loss, and see reason to believe that this game has little effect on how competative the Nets and Celtics are in the east.</p>

</p>

6. jarkid

jarkid Sean The Answer to Nets Big Men

We lost Marcus Williams, too.</p>

7. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hollagr8)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Wow. Just wow. CK never gloats, and is easily one of the most level headed people on these boards.</p>

8. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

By Joe Rizzo
    PA SportsTicker Contributing Writer

EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) -- Rallying around theirheavy-hearted coach, the Boston Celtics' Big Three was biggerthan the New Jersey Nets'.

Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen combined for 73 points,27 rebounds and 15 assists as the Celtics remained unbeatenthrough five games with a 112-101 victory over the Nets in anearly battle of the favorites in the Atlantic Division.

The Celtics were inspired when Doc Rivers, who attended thefuneral of his father earlier in the day in Illinois,surprisingly showed up to coach the contest at the urging of hismother.

"I was going to stay at home, but my mom said, 'Go to the game,that's what your dad would want,'" said Rivers, who arrived atthe Izod Center roughly 75 minutes prior to tipoff and surprisedhis players. "I am going back to Chicago now.

"I just did it because my mom wanted me to do it. I needed thiswin."

Richard Jefferson scored 28 points and Vince Carter and JasonKidd added 17 for the Nets, who lost for the second time in sixgames to open the season.

Carter sprained his right ankle with 1:19 left in the thirdquarter, when he landed on Pierce's left foot following a dunk.Carter limped off under assistance and went directly to thelocker room and did not return. X-rays proved negative.

"I have no idea (about a timetable for returning)," Carter said."It's very sore. We'll see what happens tomorrow."

"There's no way Vince could have prevented that after dunkingthe ball," Kidd said. "This isn't anything new to us, injuries.We just hope Vince isn't out a long time."

A free throw by Pierce with 5:10 left in the second quarter gaveBoston the lead for good, 42-41. But it was Pierce's 26-foot3-pointer with 3:51 left in the third quarter that capped a 20-3run that bridged the halves and blew open the game, giving theCeltics a 75-55 bulge.

Pierce finished with 28 points - all after the first period.Allen added 27 points, 10 rebounds and four 3-pointers andGarnett 18 points, 14 rebounds and six assists.

"We did not know if Doc was going to be here," Pierce said. "Hecould easily have not come."

"It definitely gave us a bit of energy when we saw him," Garnettsaid. "Like little kids."

Carter's layup pulled the Nets within 57-52 in the final minuteof the first half, but Garnett's 16-foot turnaround jumper atthe buzzer kicked off the decisive run. Pierce had 10 points inthe burst, while Allen added four.

New Jersey pulled within 105-97 with 80 seconds left, but Kiddmissed a layup and Pierce knocked down two free throws to iceit.

Kidd finished with 12 assists and six rebounds for the Nets, whostarted hot but failed to open a big lead against a teamplaying on the road for the second straight night.

"Back-to-back versus a team that didn't play last night, and wegrinded out the win," Rivers said. "I'll take that everynight."

The Nets' Big Three totaled each of the team's 27 first-quarterpoints, with Jefferson's 13 leading the way. Allen had 12points and Garnett eight in the opening quarter for the Celtics,who stayed within a point despite allowing the Nets to make 10of their first 14 shots.

Boston held a 49-34 rebounding advantage, including 12-6 on theoffensive glass. Rookie Glen Davis had eight boards - sixoffensive - and six points.

"Glen Davis changed the game," Nets coach Lawrence Frank said."You have to give him credit, because he did the same thing inthe exhibition games. The one thing the Celtics have not donemuch prior to this game was get offensive rebounds."

"There are guys that are having an impact on the game, so it'snot three of them versus three of us," Jefferson said. "Thereare guys all across the board that are having an impact."

9. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mynetsforlife)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Wow. Just wow. CK never gloats, and is easily one of the most level headed people on these boards.</p>

</div></p>

^ My favorite Nets fan. </p>

How was the new year celebration? Did you get to watch the game?</p>

</p>

10. Black Republican

Black Republican MOB

New yr celebration?</p>

11. CelticKing

Yep, it is for him.</p>

Is it called Diwali mynetsforlife?</p>

12. Black Republican

Black Republican MOB

New year?......Its November mayne.</p>

13. CelticKing

He'll tell you himself. [​IMG]</p>

14. Black Republican

Black Republican MOB

ok</p>

15. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Yeah, I'm Indian.</p>

Didn't have much fun. Played cards mostly.</p>

I missed the whole game. Nice to see that SWat did well.</p>

16. Black Republican

Black Republican MOB

o ok</p>

17. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

Getting Scot Pollard back is nothing to celebrate.</p>

18. Black Republican

Black Republican MOB

</div></p>

pollard is useless</p>

</p>

19. CelticKing

I know he's useless but its having another body to throw out there in garbage time.</p>

20. Belarus

Belarus Member

booyaaakasha! you bastids, here you are! fled from BBB.net and never left a trace. The place has become flat out dead after departure of such prominent figures like Petey, GMJigga, NetIncome and others.</p>